Senior Division 10/11

Heard on good authority Friday night that Airport West had a secret meeting with John Taylor to give him the captaincy for next season, will be interesting to see how many players walk out the door when this get's officially announced?

They musn't have used the cone of silence....Get Smart style

Well said Too Old. I too congratulate YCCC on their achievements, but when I heard this particular VTCA Senior Exec member say the same thing, I had to ask around to make sure I heard what I thought I heard! I also happen to know that many other people listening to this persons speech thought it was a joke! His speech left a sour taste in the mouths of quite a few club representatives (whom were present) and had some even asking if he was even suitable for the role he is in (not my words).

Perhaps this particular Senior Exec member should have someone research the content of his speeches before he makes them (just to get his facts right)!

Initials of the said Senior Exec member?

Heard on good authority Friday night that Airport West had a secret meeting with John Taylor to give him the captaincy for next season, will be interesting to see how many players walk out the door when this get's officially announced?
The only thing happening at the airport west table was a shite load of jugs!! Table 21 I think it was, were setting a fine example to the u/21 lads!
Imagine playing against that lot in north c3 I think they were representing... APWSC would be sooo proud!

The only thing happening at the airport west table was a shite load of jugs!! Table 21 I think it was, were setting a fine example to the u/21 lads!
Imagine playing against that lot in north c3 I think they were representing... APWSC would be sooo proud!
did you check the table pal you may have found another club starting with a AR a also occupied that table as well

Haha... how hypocritical . worry about your own backyard first. How many clubs would offer a Coach 20k, and give another bloke 25k to captain. thats ridiculous.

Cant wait next next year when two of your own "loyal" players line up against you. Hope D Brown only makes 150 runs next year, cos as long as it all comes in one innings against APW, the 25K hoppers are giving him will be worth it.
the only ridiculous thing about this is your info mate ! Good luck to Hoppers remember they now have 11 premiership player who they purpose to discard at least 4 interesting to see the harmony after that

the only ridiculous thing about this is your info mate ! Good luck to Hoppers remember they now have 11 premiership player who they purpose to discard at least 4 interesting to see the harmony after that

So Hoppers intend to pick up players after moving up a grade - yep, this is outrageous. Do you think V Chand is one of them??You blokes have stolen players from other clubs, but when someone does it to you - the bitter pills come out!!

Agree its ridiculous Brown getting offered 25k by Hoppers. Ridiculous money for a bloke averaging 9 with the bat for the last two seasons. But wait – what did you guys pay him again????

Speaking of harmony – how does having one of your highest paid players tuning up to the game hung over do to team harmony?? And then having rumours about this person taking over the captaincy???

So Hoppers intend to pick up players after moving up a grade - yep, this is outrageous. Do you think V Chand is one of them??You blokes have stolen players from other clubs, but when someone does it to you - the bitter pills come out!!

Agree its ridiculous Brown getting offered 25k by Hoppers. Ridiculous money for a bloke averaging 9 with the bat for the last two seasons. But wait – what did you guys pay him again????

Speaking of harmony – how does having one of your highest paid players tuning up to the game hung over do to team harmony?? And then having rumours about this person taking over the captaincy???

You guys are living in Disneyland if you reckon Hoppers would pay that for a player - knowing some of the committee down there he'd be VERY fortunate to get half of that. Only the truth or AWSC Prez, whichever you prefer, probably need to look after your own backyard by the stories coming out of your club mate. Bring back the old prez to get the joint functioning again.

You guys are living in Disneyland if you reckon Hoppers would pay that for a player - knowing some of the committee down there he'd be VERY fortunate to get half of that. Only the truth or AWSC Prez, whichever you prefer, probably need to look after your own backyard by the stories coming out of your club mate. Bring back the old prez to get the joint functioning again.
Ha ha i only protect my club and our players from the bullshit spread here mate mark my words we will be back next season why don't you jump on board since you seem to know so much and has so much to say the challenge is there

we don't spread and discuss rumour about present and past players of our club we play the game like most clubs we win some we lose some but we don't complain about the outcome and we don't lose any respect for the guys who come and go they are always welcome to walk into our club anytime as many have done and will continue to do so as for your attack on any of our current players we will always protect them so go and spend time on another club or worry about your own club business because you are spreading S--t about a bloke who most clubs would love to have in there club

we don't spread and discuss rumour about present and past players of our club we play the game like most clubs we win some we lose some but we don't complain about the outcome and we don't lose any respect for the guys who come and go they are always welcome to walk into our club anytime as many have done and will continue to do so as for your attack on any of our current players we will always protect them so go and spend time on another club or worry about your own club business because you are spreading S--t about a bloke who most clubs would love to have in there club

you started this by having a go at hoppers about their recruiting. You were bitter that they were taking players from your club. Fair enough, except you blokes have done it to others. Its part of the game.

Agree some of the critisisum to your players is harsh, and shouldnt be on this forum. But guess what, the rumours are coming from within your club!

Sort your own club out before having a go at other clubs about culture and recruiting etc. While some clubs may struggle in these areas, your club struggles with all of them. Oh, and dont think recruiting/$buying$ a senior div flag is going to win back respect.

Ease up bronca, dont get the anyone talking about sportsmanship......isnt yarraville the essendon fc of the vtca? Every year breaching the salary cap and everyone knowing it but unfortunately only 1 set of books showing up instead of both sets that the club records!

Yarravilles bullsh*t player payments in recent years whilst every other club obeyed the constitution is the reason the points cap as introduced!!
this year is probably the only flag they have earnt on merit not cash.

Isnt it funny how a bloke who busted his balls for his club and team with minimal help by the sounds of it cant show any emotion without being called a 'sook'.

Last round 2 years ago at boss james a few of us lads on the frothies having a good time, baker screws up, gets out, gets heckled then threatens to punch blokes in the head while walking off the ground, yells and screams in the rooms is acceptable is it?

i'd rathher bentleighs style of sportsmanship, atleast roachy had the decency to vent his frustrations behind closed doors.

I don't like Yarraville Club much either, but if Bakes got heckled he'd have every right to take it out on the hecklers! He is just a person after all and should not have to put up with such garbage particularly during a disappointing dismissal for him. People should be more understanding. Would you poke your hand in a lion's cage? Probably not. Hecklers should think a bit more about it.

Also, if Yarraville Club paid players contrary to the rules years ago they will still be reaping the benefits of it now. All these players that shouldn't have been paid are now worth several points less due to their service period at the club. Say 5 players at a 2 point saving each - that's 10 points. They could fit Test player in their team. Big advantage!

Different conversation but, Every AFL and NRL club (excluding the Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne) break the salary cap to some extent. To single out one club is a bit harsh. Carlton, Port Adelaide, Cantebury Bulldogs, Brisbane Broncos all do it. Anyone remember Gavin Wanganeen being given a McDonalds store as part of his deal to go to Port Adelaide!?!

Back