Senior Division 10/11

re: Senior Division 10/11

Kev Davis;388333 said:
Sth Caulfield vs RPB an absolute cracker of a game yesterday. credit to both teams, sth Caul had rpb in all sorts of early trouble before contessa was dropped first ball then nearly led his side to victory.I have never heard a roar at a local cricket game like the one that i heard yesterday when he was finally dismissed

Good to have you back Kevvo!... Did they let you out for good behaviour?

jika jika;388531 said:
Rd 4 week 2, 21/11/10, v cyms. No inuendo, Spiros openly said water got under the covers. And i agree, he does make a great wicket. Who's the fool now tossbag

Still you, Jerka Jerka...21/11/10 is more than 9 months into the future...and I don't think you have crystal balls...I don't think you have any balls at all hiding behind a false name to imply pure rubbish...no matter what has happened in the past, (fool... that means before today) you still can't run away from your words that implied that Spiros would cheat. With the deluge that happened last week YC could have easily allowed the water under to ruin the pitch and get a draw...but no, Spiros did a top job and allowed a top game to be played out.

southern sledge;388524 said:
Would probably be one of the most unpopular winners`ever, i don't think the umpires are to fond of his constant appealing

yep fair call re the appealing and it has been reduced to only when we definitely think they are out rather than when they may be out.....

Nice to be thought of as possible winner mind, but really, that unpopular eh?

Excalibur;388574 said:
Still you, Jerka Jerka...21/11/10 is more than 9 months into the future...and I don't think you have crystal balls...I don't think you have any balls at all hiding behind a false name to imply pure rubbish...no matter what has happened in the past, (fool... that means before today) you still can't run away from your words that implied that Spiros would cheat. With the deluge that happened last week YC could have easily allowed the water under to ruin the pitch and get a draw...but no, Spiros did a top job and allowed a top game to be played out.

My apologies 21/11/09, rd 4 v Williamstown cyms. Now tosspot the question remains unanswered. Why did water get under the covers when YC are bowling, and not the week they are batting. As quoted above " With the deluge that happened last week YC could have easily allowed the water under to ruin the pitch and get a draw". To their credit they produced a road. But if your covers are capable of holding out last weeks deluge when you are batting, allowing Spiros to make a road, why did water get under on a week that rain half as much and you are bowling, allowing Spiros to produce a shitheap. Its a simple question.
And is Spiros the only person allowed within 50 mtrs of the wicket table, or is it possible someone else can ************ up the covers. Simple question. Dont try and deflect the blame onto Spiros. I accuse him of nothing. Fact is YC produced a road when it was batting, and a shitheap when it was bowling. Why is this so.
And please, if you are trying to have the rest of us believe that YC are above bending a rule or 2, we can start talking about the 2 paid player rule that the VTCA operated under before this season. Did they bend that rule. Or was threats of legal action re signing affidavids before last years finals a figment of peoples imagination.
Now as for hiding behind a false name, cant say Ive met to may people called Excalibur. Still think tosspot is a better fit.

Kev Davis;388333 said:
Sth Caulfield vs RPB an absolute cracker of a game yesterday. credit to both teams, sth Caul had rpb in all sorts of early trouble before contessa was dropped first ball then nearly led his side to victory.I have never heard a roar at a local cricket game like the one that i heard yesterday when he was finally dismissed

kev dont think thats exactly what happened.

jika jika;388721 said:
My apologies 21/11/09, rd 4 v Williamstown cyms. Now tosspot the question remains unanswered. Why did water get under the covers when YC are bowling, and not the week they are batting. As quoted above " With the deluge that happened last week YC could have easily allowed the water under to ruin the pitch and get a draw". To their credit they produced a road. But if your covers are capable of holding out last weeks deluge when you are batting, allowing Spiros to make a road, why did water get under on a week that rain half as much and you are bowling, allowing Spiros to produce a shitheap. Its a simple question.
And is Spiros the only person allowed within 50 mtrs of the wicket table, or is it possible someone else can ************ up the covers. Simple question. Dont try and deflect the blame onto Spiros. I accuse him of nothing. Fact is YC produced a road when it was batting, and a shitheap when it was bowling. Why is this so.
And please, if you are trying to have the rest of us believe that YC are above bending a rule or 2, we can start talking about the 2 paid player rule that the VTCA operated under before this season. Did they bend that rule. Or was threats of legal action re signing affidavids before last years finals a figment of peoples imagination.
Now as for hiding behind a false name, cant say Ive met to may people called Excalibur. Still think tosspot is a better fit.

Well, Jerk Off Jerk Off, you don't disappoint me at all...You now deny your original alligations then change the topic...a true coward...If you were smart enough to know anything at all about pitch preparation, you would realise that if it rains on Mon, Tues and Wed (they are the days that pitches aren't covered to allow work and to not kill it off...try covering grass for 5 days and see what you get fool) then it can be sunny on Thursday and Friday but the pitch won't necessarliy come up very well because of lack of preparation time.
But don't believe me...have the balls to go down to YC and ask Spiros yourself...you might learn something...re last week...the deluge happened at the end of the week after the pitch work was done. Also wind direction and strength will have an effect on your success to try to keep water out. Finally, fool, as stated before, if there was a someone interfering with pitchs at YC, they would have taken the draw option...but guess what fool...your innuendoes and mallice suggestions are as unfounded as your claim on any intelligence.

jika jika;388721 said:

If you were down at the ground before play on saturday, you would have noticed that there was a fair bit in the wicket for the bowlers!! dont just assume it was a road because we got 350 odd....We were 1/80 at tea!! does that tell u anything??? Yeh it dried out a little after tea, but those 6 or 7 batsman who battled their arses off to pull off one of the greatest victories you will ever see would totally disagree with you that it was a road!!
Dont know who you play for, but im sure you will never witness a run chase as good as that in any local cricket game, when the bowling side includes blokes like taylor, brown, rutley etc etc...
jika jika - get ya hand of it and get some facts before you post that crap!
Give credit where due!

Two sensational games of cricket. One between YCCC and APW and the other between SCCC and RPB.

I heard John Taylor's hundred in the first innings was nothing short of spectacular and that Baker's 65 was all class and really took the game away from APW. Wouldn't have thought there would be a higher standard contest outside of the premier league.

Great work from SCCC, having seen some of Contessa's innings he clearly isn't as pretty to watch as some but you can't knock a bloke who puts the runs on the board year after year. SCCC look set for another fourth placed finish but will need some luck come finals if they're to threaten.

Great effort by YC it doesn't matter what standard it was, its just a great chase. Contessa hit a square cut six off Gousinfiter on to the roof of the pavilion, was lucky to see that while i was there and i think that bowler dropped him a couple of times.

YCCC;388831 said:
If you were down at the ground before play on saturday, you would have noticed that there was a fair bit in the wicket for the bowlers!! dont just assume it was a road because we got 350 odd....We were 1/80 at tea!! does that tell u anything??? Yeh it dried out a little after tea, but those 6 or 7 batsman who battled their arses off to pull off one of the greatest victories you will ever see would totally disagree with you that it was a road!!
Dont know who you play for, but im sure you will never witness a run chase as good as that in any local cricket game, when the bowling side includes blokes like taylor, brown, rutley etc etc...
Give credit where due!

Rutley a bowler, spare me!! only cleans up the tail, even those wickets are usually caught on the boundary... most overated bowler in vtca.

parkcricket;388905 said:
Rutley a bowler, spare me!! only cleans up the tail, even those wickets are usually caught on the boundary... most overated bowler in vtca.
Harsh. He's taken a lot of wickets, they all can't be tailenders and even then you still have to get them out which can be hard at times. Believe me.

southern sledge;388847 said:
Great effort by YC it doesn't matter what standard it was, its just a great chase. Contessa hit a square cut six off Gousinfiter on to the roof of the pavilion, was lucky to see that while i was there and i think that bowler dropped him a couple of times.
Heard about that, pretty good shot to get it on the roof. Wasn't he dropped the ball before? :p

YCCC;388831 said:
Give credit where due!
Farrrk, 270 after tea. We got smashed for 250 in a one dayer against them and we thought that was a lot. To do it in a two dayer batting second with 9 wickets in hand and with one of the better bowling line-ups in the comp, not to mention it pelted down with rain throughout the week...outstanding. Hopefully they meet in the Grand Final because they're clearly the best two teams in the competition by a fair distance.

parkcricket;388905 said:

Thats a bit harsh but a very unintelligent response. Im not gonna piss in rutleys pocket but if u do the maths, he is a fair bowler! The year doutta won flag he took 6 or 7 fa that day, he can play. But regardless give credit where due, what a run chase on a rain affected wicket and outfield!! At the end of the day it wouldnt matter who was bowling, to chase down 350 against any senior division 1s attack is a great effort!

Excalibur;388751 said:
Well, Jerk Off Jerk Off, you don't disappoint me at all...You now deny your original alligations then change the topic...a true coward...If you were smart enough to know anything at all about pitch preparation, you would realise that if it rains on Mon, Tues and Wed (they are the days that pitches aren't covered to allow work and to not kill it off...try covering grass for 5 days and see what you get fool) then it can be sunny on Thursday and Friday but the pitch won't necessarliy come up very well because of lack of preparation time.
But don't believe me...have the balls to go down to YC and ask Spiros yourself...you might learn something...re last week...the deluge happened at the end of the week after the pitch work was done. Also wind direction and strength will have an effect on your success to try to keep water out. Finally, fool, as stated before, if there was a someone interfering with pitchs at YC, they would have taken the draw option...but guess what fool...your innuendoes and mallice suggestions are as unfounded as your claim on any intelligence.

Clearly Excalibur you are a one eyed YCCC member/player, if memory serves me correctly the weather for the week during the second week of the game against WCYMS was high 30's all week and then a small shower on the friday, so from your genius pitch preparation summary you have just posted on here surely the wicket should have been properly prepared and should have been a road as it was the week before and not a seamers delight, as opposed to this latest game when it chucked it down most of the week and low and behold YCCC still manage to pluck a road out of their proverbial because they are batting that week, DISGRACEFULL IMO!! i have no doubt at all that spiro is as good a currator as you can get but in this case i agree with JIKA JIKA or is that JERK OFF JERK OFF?????

Max;389108 said:
Clearly Excalibur you are a one eyed YCCC member/player, if memory serves me correctly the weather for the week during the second week of the game against WCYMS was high 30's all week and then a small shower on the friday, so from your genius pitch preparation summary you have just posted on here surely the wicket should have been properly prepared and should have been a road as it was the week before and not a seamers delight, as opposed to this latest game when it chucked it down most of the week and low and behold YCCC still manage to pluck a road out of their proverbial because they are batting that week, DISGRACEFULL IMO!! i have no doubt at all that spiro is as good a currator as you can get but in this case i agree with JIKA JIKA or is that JERK OFF JERK OFF?????

What are you trying to say max??? that we(YCCC) cheated? We are 1-2 games clear on top and have played off in 6 of last 7 grand finals! we dont need to doctor wickets to win games, give us a spell! go tell someone who cares and go back to North A you muppet! btw....that ground you play on at willy wouldnt be suitable for an under 12 game, absolute disgrace! no wonder 300+ gets made on that ground every week, you can almost field for 2 teams in 2 different comps at once!

Max;389108 said:

one other thing....who is telling you porky pies about our wicket last week??? it was far from a road!! the outfield was twice as slow as the week before and there was alot more in the wicket than there was the previous week for the bowlers! u dont make sense.....back to north A you go! :cool:

YCCC;389136 said:
What are you trying to say max??? that we(YCCC) cheated? We are 1-2 games clear on top and have played off in 6 of last 7 grand finals! we dont need to doctor wickets to win games, give us a spell! go tell someone who cares and go back to North A you muppet! btw....that ground you play on at willy wouldnt be suitable for an under 12 game, absolute disgrace! no wonder 300+ gets made on that ground every week, you can almost field for 2 teams in 2 different comps at once!

Who at any time said anything about Cheating ?? maybe you should think about re reading the posts again as there is no mention of cheating, as regards to WCYMS ground let me think about this for a millisecond on which ground i would much rather play on , a ground with a view out to sea with a constant supply of good looking chicks walking past all day or on the other hand play at YCCC and get to look at!!!!!! well not a lot really although the bluestone pavillion is nice to look at i much prefer a sea view and a good perv anyday of the week and get to play on a wicket that is prepared fairly for both sides week in week out regardless of the weather !!!

Back