Senior Division 10/11

I always thought that a draw is better than losing. A draw beats a loss in Test Cricket, One Day Internationals, State Cricket (in both long and short versions of the game) District cricket...need I go on any further.
Obviously the VTCA and their embarassing point system thinks otherwise and knows better than the rest of the world.
I see that Willy lost and are 3rd. The "stuck in the mud" committee wanted a system that sets us apart. Well you got your wish.
You are so far apart from what "Cricket Purists" would say is the right thing that you have become a joke.
Actually I take that back...it's not a joke because it is serious and sad.

I always thought that a draw is better than losing. A draw beats a loss in Test Cricket, One Day Internationals, State Cricket (in both long and short versions of the game) District cricket...need I go on any further.
Obviously the VTCA and their embarassing point system thinks otherwise and knows better than the rest of the world.
I see that Willy lost and are 3rd. The "stuck in the mud" committee wanted a system that sets us apart. Well you got your wish.
You are so far apart from what "Cricket Purists" would say is the right thing that you have become a joke.
Actually I take that back...it's not a joke because it is serious and sad.

M8 there was a vote of ALL VTCA clubs and your proposal got voted down by the clubs not the committee, get over it!!!!!!
We need to play until 6pm cricket is expensive from a council perspective and they would love to replace us with soccer especialy now we have so many Female councilors. Just get on with it we are Park cricket.

yer, not sure about OEG and McKinnon being so high, especially McKinnon, would have thought they would be close to relegation this year. put RPB at 5-6 along with Bernards, and McKinnon down to 2nd last and and take Willy out of the bottom 2. keilor to finish bottom.
Is their any side who could be a roughy to make the top 4?

Bentleigh off to an impressive start. I'm sure they will be finals contenders. And no doubt the North sides will enjoy playing out there too with their new surface and electronic scoreboard.

The clubs voted something like 45-12 so I think you guys are in the minority. It was an overwhelming no to change the system.

So NCDPP and Big Coq...give me one staight answer without all the spin...do you agree that a loser should get more points than two teams that draw?
If, as I suspect, you and any other fair person would say no, a loser should not get more points, then all we are taking about is addressing just this one aspect of the point sysytem.
Unfortunately this particular negative aspect of the VTCA point system has been caught up in all the rest of what the VTCA is trying to achieve and it is a real pity that votes are taken on a "all of it or none of it" basis.
Can we have constructive discussion on how to fine tune it to avoid this laughable happening. e.g. A team that loses can accumulate points up to a capped max of 2.95

So NCDPP and Big Coq...give me one staight answer without all the spin...do you agree that a loser should get more points than two teams that draw?
If, as I suspect, you and any other fair person would say no, a loser should not get more points, then all we are taking about is addressing just this one aspect of the point sysytem.
Unfortunately this particular negative aspect of the VTCA point system has been caught up in all the rest of what the VTCA is trying to achieve and it is a real pity that votes are taken on a "all of it or none of it" basis.
Can we have constructive discussion on how to fine tune it to avoid this laughable happening. e.g. A team that loses can accumulate points up to a capped max of 2.95

Better still, let's give all these soft cocks who don't like a little bit of mud on their boots or would rather be at the races zero points for a draw. at least those who lost had a crack.

Better still, let's give all these soft cocks who don't like a little bit of mud on their boots or would rather be at the races zero points for a draw. at least those who lost had a crack.

Spot on.

A fairdinkum club should everthing possible to get a game on. Ofcourse there may have been some exceptions over this weekend where groundsmen/clubs were simply unlucky with overnight showers. BUT

There are many examples on the weekned where teams managed to get on the park n paly and others only a few k's away did not play. Weather was stable enough on saturday for cricket even if there was some leaky covers/outfield wet pathes, clubs which didn't play should have played with a delayed start.

Points system works well here rewards clubs who want a game even if they lose at the expense of "soft cocks" as you put it, who much rather do something else. A month into 2010/11 season we have had only one day of cricket, if that's too much for some blokes who are ready to use a bit of overnight drizzle as an excuse not to play then i reckon they should get nothing and hope come the end of the season they miss out on a finals spot by 6 points that'll serve 'em right.

Yarraville club will be as dominate as ever this year with young Matt Murphy only gettng better and better and justin Baker looking for another amazeing season. However Bronca needs to learn how to say no to the afternoon tea's down a yarraille club;)

Ifya Adbrains you'd know that there are times when, despite the best efforts, a game cannot be played even when everyone who turned up to play wants to play.
Sorry you lost on the weekend but Ifya Adanycluesatall you'd know that there are cricket players out there that are mad as all hell that they didn't get to play.
If we follow your thinking (lol) then the AFL should have taken the Grand Final replay away from Collingwood and St Kilda cos they drew and given it to the losers...Geelong and Footscray

From my recollection there was a vote about fixing this problem but keeping bonus points at the last match committee meeting but the VTCA were strongly against it for some reason and therefore the clubs voted to leave things the way they are. Go figure.

You will never stop moaning at Brighton East, get over it or go and play CMCA

Good to see it didn't take long for games to be cancelled due to covers being removed on friday nights
thanks to the aholes who removed the covers at Airport West
twice in two games (Grand Final )
Club has employed security for this week beware !!!!!!

I agree. We should play cricket to 6 oclock. Even when you've been on the end of a thumping it's just gone 4.30pm and it's stinking hot. Keep the bonus points system. Zero points for a draw. Too many piss ant captains scared of loosing, thus conceeding 6 points to the opposition, would rather take 3 each and call it a day. Knowing full well that those that got a start would only get about 6 points up on them rather than 9 or so.

Ifya Adbrains you'd know that there are times when, despite the best efforts, a game cannot be played even when everyone who turned up to play wants to play.
Sorry you lost on the weekend but Ifya Adanycluesatall you'd know that there are cricket players out there that are mad as all hell that they didn't get to play.
If we follow your thinking (lol) then the AFL should have taken the Grand Final replay away from Collingwood and St Kilda cos they drew and given it to the losers...Geelong and Footscray

So how many points did Collingwood recieve for winning the Granny?:confused:

what are the thoughts on the games this round?
should be a couple close ones with RPB vs Keilor and Spotswood vs St.Bernards.

Yarraville to beat Sth Caulfield, St Bernards to beat Spotty ,Bentleigh to beat Old Essendon, Airport West to Beat Mckinnon in a close one , Keilor to beat Royal Park and Willy cyms to beat Greenvale IMO .

Back