Senior Division 13/14

agreed Rumop, can you blokes take it somewhere else, save it for F/Book or what ever, lets talk cricket here
All you seem to do is bag people ,association give us something to talk about then imbecile sorry south side sledger. Anyway I have my sight set on our pres first year in the job spent a fortune and we will miss the finals,didn't happen under my husbands watch

Cathy Yccc, Rubblewearsamoomoo, Mr Warrigal, Singa, President eddie etc...and those other stupid alias names you all hide behind, you are an embarrassment and the fact that you think your ridiculous ravings are even remotely funny speaks volumes of your lack of IQ. If you do actually have anything to do with the YCCC, do the club a favour and leave.

aawwww Cathy, now you've gone and hurt my feelings :(, imbecile! at least wait to meet me before you judge my intelligence or lack thereof. Ok so you want something to talk about, apart from your own lack of confidence in your lads to beat Strathmore and sneak in.

Your mob has spent a fortune on paid players and 7 other Senior clubs are in the same boat, not forgetting South and North division clubs. What about a conversation targeting the amount of money VTCA clubs continue to toss away in search of a flag. Massive pressure is being brought on Clubs finances, stressing Club treasurers everywhere.
Who benefits? a bunch of Poms and sub continental types who don't ultimately give a rats toss about the Club. They play a little cricket, most not anywhere near as good as the're reputation and agent promised, have a great summer drinking aussie beer and piss off to the next highest bidder.
The points system might give a couple of young locals to shine in some clubs but ultimately the money we spend on these out of towners is leaving so many clubs on the brink of financial impovereshment (barring those 'lucky' clubs reaping the benefit of mug punters pressing buttons on those damn machines).
When is the association going to see some sense and put restrictions on paid player payments?
There we go Cathy! feel free to discuss darling

Here, here tobogganist! I heard the presidents meetings are this week. Lazy clubs full of cash arguing against the points cap. It is the sports future, and being able to retain volunteers, that is at stake. Clubs feasting off the ills of gambling ridden individuals and some others who just simply spend beyond their means.
We need a strong vtca which has the future of the sport at its heart!

I think Beauy will get in, they have Strathmore and Brighton in the last 2 and should win those, and then it's between Bentleigh, Airport West and Yarraville. Very tight!!

Going to be a fascinating final days play.
1st and 2nd are set, although South Caulfield still a chance to take top spot.
With first innings points taken already, Airport West have sealed their finals berth.
4th is still a lottery.
After Day 1, less than half a point between Old Mentonians, Yarraville Club and Bentleigh, with Bentleigh in the best position to take first innings points of the 3 teams.
If all 3 go down, St. Bernards the main chance of the rest, needing another 150 against Greenvale.
Beaumaris in trouble needing 145 with only 5 wickets remaining.
Hoppers Crossing are chasing the largest score of the round.
Strathmore a chance to climb 1 or 2 positions if they can find another 31 runs against Yarraville Club.
The bottom 2 teams seem confirmed as both Keilor and Brighton District.

Going to be a fascinating final days play.
1st and 2nd are set, although South Caulfield still a chance to take top spot.
With first innings points taken already, Airport West have sealed their finals berth.
4th is still a lottery.
After Day 1, less than half a point between Old Mentonians, Yarraville Club and Bentleigh, with Bentleigh in the best position to take first innings points of the 3 teams.
If all 3 go down, St. Bernards the main chance of the rest, needing another 150 against Greenvale.
Beaumaris in trouble needing 145 with only 5 wickets remaining.
Hoppers Crossing are chasing the largest score of the round.
Strathmore a chance to climb 1 or 2 positions if they can find another 31 runs against Yarraville Club.
The bottom 2 teams seem confirmed as both Keilor and Brighton District.

Our side bentleigh will make it now Yarraville Club look like losing :) Southern sledge when was last time Yccc have not participated in vtca finals? It's a shame:D would love to see the old fags faces next Saturday night in rooms

Our side bentleigh will make it now Yarraville Club look like losing :) Southern sledge when was last time Yccc have not participated in vtca finals? It's a shame:D would love to see the old fags faces next Saturday night in rooms

Don't be surprised if money has changed hands to pay for Strathmores players end of season trip as they cannot get relegated and there is nothing in vtca rules regarding players throwing wickets away .Eg tullamarine v pegs last week all out 15 give me a spell

What a ripper day of cricket for the last round. The stars aligned for yccc after a game to forget. Another finals series awaits with a massive challenge at greenvale next week. The boys are in so anything can happen as we all know with semi final week and the boys are up and about. It's a new season now!

All you seem to do is bag people ,association give us something to talk about then imbecile sorry south side sledger. Anyway I have my sight set on our pres first year in the job spent a fortune and we will miss the finals,didn't happen under my husbands watch
English is more effective than this as a form of communication. Very few of us are fluent in gibberish. Just a hint.

the way youre going you might just meet up with him soon
Ha Ha, you may well be right. As I remember he was a very passionate YCCC president and could fire up at times. I remember the time back in 1987, when a few verbal exchanges' between players and spectators during a match V Buckinhham IOOF in the FCA comp so tickled John Meddings, that he ran on to the ground and tried to have it on with player Ian Marks on two occassions. Loved his club did John.

Hey Guys', Do I detect a mood in the vtca competition that their is a desire to reduce the "player points cap" even further throughout the grades'. From the present 42 to what?

Last edited:
Back