Seymour & District Cricket Association

rayt74

Seymour & District Cricket Association

Hi All
As I am new to this, Is there anyone out there that has any info on SDCA or is playing in the SDCA. This is the league that I play in. :)
I play with Kilmore Cricket Club.
I am just trying to find out if there is any other cricketers out there that know about or play
in this league.

Re: Hi all anyone in Seymour & district cricket Association

G'day pal

Alot of the boys use the thread that is on big footy, you can find it under the regional footy forum. What grade do you play in? i myself play with the rook up the road.

Thornton for me. Been down at burwood for the last 2 years cause the travel got a bit much. but with most games in seymour or area, away games are the new home games for me. only 55mins opposed to hour and a half to thornton. But have played there all my life and won a flag 2001-02 in the old alex and euroa district comp. Filled in for a game just after xmas and had a great time with the boys. Look for us this year in b grade (i think?!) me and a couple others are coming up from melb each week so a far improved team from last year

Cakehole;362162 said:
Thornton for me. Been down at burwood for the last 2 years cause the travel got a bit much. but with most games in seymour or area, away games are the new home games for me. only 55mins opposed to hour and a half to thornton. But have played there all my life and won a flag 2001-02 in the old alex and euroa district comp. Filled in for a game just after xmas and had a great time with the boys. Look for us this year in b grade (i think?!) me and a couple others are coming up from melb each week so a far improved team from last year

Welcome to the league cakehole, you will have a ball pal, your right you boys are in b grade and i think you will be feilding a c grade this year which is great, when you play at the rook ask for me and ill buy you a beer i think its fair to say we have the best tasting beer in the comp

Big Ned;362173 said:
Welcome to the league cakehole, you will have a ball pal, your right you boys are in b grade and i think you will be feilding a c grade this year which is great, when you play at the rook ask for me and ill buy you a beer i think its fair to say we have the best tasting beer in the comp

Will do. Hopefully im not driving that day! Are fielding a c grade this year. Huge improvement in numbers considering 2 years ago we had to fold for a year!! Its good that c grade is all one dayers. Good for the people who can do both weeks in b grade. handy to have a hit instead of 2 weeks off. Will miss dave evans son (james) who plays school cricket for carey grammer i think down town. Played for us during the school holidays last year. Did his knee playing footy for them (got b&f to. had 4 afl scouts at his games) Mind you, when your dad is the next head of the essendon board, you would want to have someone looking at you! Rumour is, and its still a long way off happening, but dave said that he recons he can get james hird to play a few games for us over the summer. That would be something i tell you! But still, i long way off being set in stone!

Big Ned;359703 said:
G'day pal

Alot of the boys use the thread that is on big footy, you can find it under the regional footy forum. What grade do you play in? i myself play with the rook up the road.

Hi big Ned
I play c grade mainly. Get the occassional run in b grade. How are you guys going for numbers this year? We have had some new guys show up at our first training session on sunday. Hopefully they will strengthen our A grade.
What grade do you play in? :)

Cakehole;362162 said:

Hi Cakehole
It is nice to here that Thornton will have a stronger side. Hopefully we will catch up at some stage this year. It will be interesting to see, who has do the recruiting in the off season? I hope you guys have a c grade this year.
You are right about the travel. It stops alot of people these day. catch ya later:)

rayt74;362840 said:
Hi Cakehole
It is nice to here that Thornton will have a stronger side. Hopefully we will catch up at some stage this year. It will be interesting to see, who has do the recruiting in the off season? I hope you guys have a c grade this year.
You are right about the travel. It stops alot of people these day. catch ya later:)

strangely enough its never been about recruiting! in the last 10 years, i can only think of 2-3 new players we've ever had? its always been about getting guys there on saturday. Plus all the older guys keep getting older and retire. Then its up to us younger ones to keep going. But this year, from what ive learnt so far, is its the older guys coming back to play and the younger ones who live down town like me, are coming back up. 95% sure we'll have a c grade. Everyone loves playing one dayers so im sure we can find enough sober people for that!

Hey all,

i think the draw is out already but not sure if its been finalized or anything. great to hear the good news bout thornton and good luck to them this season.
i myself play for Royals and have done for the last 5 years. its a shame we still dont have an A-grade but im hoping we perform well enough with our B and C grade's to lift the club

I think its good that country cricket in general is back on the rise. Before i left to come down town i didnt hold much hope. With the euroa and district folding, eildon folding, and other teams coming up very short. But from the brief look i had at the comp last year the quality looks pretty good and so does the enthusiasm. Which is a bonus!

yeah things are looking a lot better this season for most clubs. i heard a whispser that tallarook were lookin at entering 2 C-grade teams can you confirm if this is true Big Ned?. does anyone know if they did or not? i also heard that there was a big signing for Kilmore this season with T Blackwell transfering from Broadford. anyone else know of any new signings or whispers going around?

Taz89;366467 said:
yeah things are looking a lot better this season for most clubs. i heard a whispser that tallarook were lookin at entering 2 C-grade teams can you confirm if this is true Big Ned?. does anyone know if they did or not? i also heard that there was a big signing for Kilmore this season with T Blackwell transfering from Broadford. anyone else know of any new signings or whispers going around?

No just the one c grade this year, its been a problem in the past two years with no one to lead the c graders and strugling to fill the team, but our secretary jazzy will lead the boys this year and he has managed to get a few of the boys from melbourne to come back and play with him, so they should be very competitve.

Trav blackwell is captaining the boys down at kilmore this year which is a big coup for them and i think he has managed to get a few blokes to go with him which means the kilmore b graders should reap the rewards of a few blokes who have played regular a grade droping back, i also heard the y have a english import playing with them this year as well

Taz89;365840 said:
Hey all,

i think the draw is out already but not sure if its been finalized or anything. great to hear the good news bout thornton and good luck to them this season.
i myself play for Royals and have done for the last 5 years. its a shame we still dont have an A-grade but im hoping we perform well enough with our B and C grade's to lift the club

Taz how are you boys fairing for numbers this year? is n allum going around for you blokes again?

Cakehole;366030 said:
I think its good that country cricket in general is back on the rise. Before i left to come down town i didnt hold much hope. With the euroa and district folding, eildon folding, and other teams coming up very short. But from the brief look i had at the comp last year the quality looks pretty good and so does the enthusiasm. Which is a bonus!
Do Eildon currently have a cricket club?

Big Ned;367336 said:
Taz how are you boys fairing for numbers this year? is n allum going around for you blokes again?

na he isnt playing for us this season and either is d allum which is a shame because darren is a quality cricketer. nathan i dont think is interested in playing at all anywhere.

i went down to our training last night and overheard a couple of the senior blokes at the club talking about possibly only havin numbers for one side...which is very disappointing considering all the people that were 'keen' to have a hit with us prior to the start of training.

i myself recieved bad news from the doc and i am unable to play this season which is unfortunate but i will still have alot to do with the club.

Taz89;367413 said:
na he isnt playing for us this season and either is d allum which is a shame because darren is a quality cricketer. nathan i dont think is interested in playing at all anywhere.

i went down to our training last night and overheard a couple of the senior blokes at the club talking about possibly only havin numbers for one side...which is very disappointing considering all the people that were 'keen' to have a hit with us prior to the start of training.

i myself recieved bad news from the doc and i am unable to play this season which is unfortunate but i will still have alot to do with the club.

Who is captaining you blokes this year taz?

Will Broadford be competitive this year, no-one's heard anything about them yet...

Back