Seymour & District Cricket Association

Re: Hi all anyone in Seymour & district cricket Association

yeah i read that bigfooty thread but for some reason it wont let me reply or anything on there.
Our Captains are yet to be chosen, they will be selected next thursday (very late i know) i will keep you up to date but!
i think Broadford are losing a few players this season from what i have heard so things not looking good for Broadford if this is true

Taz89;367893 said:
yeah i read that bigfooty thread but for some reason it wont let me reply or anything on there.
Our Captains are yet to be chosen, they will be selected next thursday (very late i know) i will keep you up to date but!
i think Broadford are losing a few players this season from what i have heard so things not looking good for Broadford if this is true
This might sound like a stupid question, but did you create a BigFooty account?

Re: Hi all, anyone in Seymour & District Cricket Association

Back to the cricket talk I suppose, what are everyone's predictions with the season just a week away, I suppose it's a bit hard to make any predictions in B-Grade and C-Grade, but my A-Grade predictions for this year:

Avenel: Still more or less the same side, with Luke Nolan coming in to replace Scoota Donovan.
Kilmore: As we all know they've picked up Trav Blackwell as Captain-Coach, as well as Xav Youngman
Alexandra: It's a bit hard to know what goes on out that way, but if they have a similar side to last year, they should still be right up there - any side with Marcus Hill in it has to be fairly competitive.
Tallarook: Probably be able to mix it with the better sides with players like Subba and Lachy Watts, however they do lack a bit of depth.
Yea Tigers: They seem to underachieve these boys, they've got some good young players in Lachy Atkins and if Dan Evans stays around they should really be in the top 4 come finals time.
Broadford: They were competitive last year but the loss of probably their most important player (as well as their captain-coach) Trav Blackwell will hurt them.
Eastern Hill: It seems as though they're in a similar boat to Broadford.
Seymour: Well unless they've done some recruiting we're not aware of, the Maroons might be in for a long Summer.

From what I've heard around the traps, it seems as though it may be a 5-horse race really, although you never really know until the season starts.

Rampant;368048 said:
This might sound like a stupid question, but did you create a BigFooty account?

lol yeah Tazy Devil
it wont send me a confirmation email or anything but and when i go to create a dif one it wont let me use the same email. o well i still read it a lot

Rampant;368450 said:
Back to the cricket talk I suppose, what are everyone's predictions with the season just a week away, I suppose it's a bit hard to make any predictions in B-Grade and C-Grade, but my A-Grade predictions for this year:

Avenel: Still more or less the same side, with Luke Nolan coming in to replace Scoota Donovan.
Kilmore: As we all know they've picked up Trav Blackwell as Captain-Coach, as well as Xav Youngman
Alexandra: It's a bit hard to know what goes on out that way, but if they have a similar side to last year, they should still be right up there - any side with Marcus Hill in it has to be fairly competitive.
Tallarook: Probably be able to mix it with the better sides with players like Subba and Lachy Watts, however they do lack a bit of depth.
Yea Tigers: They seem to underachieve these boys, they've got some good young players in Lachy Atkins and if Dan Evans stays around they should really be in the top 4 come finals time.
Broadford: They were competitive last year but the loss of probably their most important player (as well as their captain-coach) Trav Blackwell will hurt them.
Eastern Hill: It seems as though they're in a similar boat to Broadford.
Seymour: Well unless they've done some recruiting we're not aware of, the Maroons might be in for a long Summer.

From what I've heard around the traps, it seems as though it may be a 5-horse race really, although you never really know until the season starts.

i agree with you mate. i think the top three would be kilmore, avenel and the rook (not in that particular order) but as you said, you never really know until the season starts

Rampant;367701 said:
Will Broadford be competitive this year, no-one's heard anything about them yet...

Don't know if they will be very competative, I do know that they have picked up Joel Dunn from flowerdale and young James Ingham from Assumption. So it will be interesting to see how they go.

Taz89;367893 said:

They lost there 2 most important players. In Trav Blackwell and Rob Douglas. Trav went to Kilmore, while Rob is playing in South Australia for good money. So I got told. They picked up Dunn from flowerdale and young James Ingham from Assummption.

Rampant;367345 said:
Do Eildon currently have a cricket club?

Unfortunately no. Havent for a few years. Same story really. Old blokes got older. and the younger ones either moved to melb or gave up. Most of the eildon blokes who are still playing are playing with alex. Though we (thornton) will have shane parker and e meggit. Not sure what derrick is doing though. Think he played at alex last year. not sure about this year though

That's a shame, if they could get a Thornton/Eildon Cricket Club up and running, like the football club, you would think they would nearly be able to enter a side in all 3 grades.

Would that be correct, or am I long way off the mark?

Taz89;368827 said:
i agree with you mate. i think the top three would be kilmore, avenel and the rook (not in that particular order) but as you said, you never really know until the season starts
I think Yea Tigers are a pretty good side; they've got some very good young players. I think they would've been the only side that managed to run Avenel close in all their games last year.

If you look at their side they've got Lachy Atkins who would probably be in the top 5 bats in the competition.

And then there are some young guns like Daniel Evans & Josh Cunningham who were captain and vice-captain of Assumption College last year.

Rampant;369106 said:
That's a shame, if they could get a Thornton/Eildon Cricket Club up and running, like the football club, you would think they would nearly be able to enter a side in all 3 grades.

Would be doubtful - Thornton - Eildon did have a combined side for one season and struggled to field a regular side each week.
The way it is at the moment Alex have 4 or 5 guys playing for them that are from that combined side and another couple who used to play for eildon a fair while ago that came out of retirement to play again.

Cakehole - Derrick will be going around at Alex again I believe this year

Taz89;368827 said:

cant see that. A side that hasn't made the A grade finals in so long Adds a 34 yr old STAR.... but overweight and with dodgy knees and an untried pom....

Rampant;369106 said:

well with the team we have in b grade this year id say we could be reasonably competitive in a grade, but since we havent played a game yet i cant quite get a good idea. we should have a pretty good c grade team in from what ive heard. but with probably 60% of players living in melb its touch and go if we can keep people coming up every year. mainly because its the same people that play footy!! and their partners arent as enthusiastic as the lads about coming up every weekend for the entire year! but if we have a successfull year this year we may look to increase. will be a wait and see thing though

Kilmore picked up Xavier Youngman as well. So they should (theoretically) be right up there this year.

However, I'm still a big fan of Yea, I reckon they're a much better side than people give them credit for.

Cakehole;369180 said:
well with the team we have in b grade this year id say we could be reasonably competitive in a grade, but since we havent played a game yet i cant quite get a good idea. we should have a pretty good c grade team in from what ive heard. but with probably 60% of players living in melb its touch and go if we can keep people coming up every year. mainly because its the same people that play footy!! and their partners arent as enthusiastic as the lads about coming up every weekend for the entire year! but if we have a successfull year this year we may look to increase. will be a wait and see thing though
Well you boys matched it with Nagambie, and I think Nagambie would be competitive with, if not beat the bottom couple of sides in A-Grade.

Fingers-crossed you boys can enter a competitive A-Grade in the next couple of years and stay there...

Rampant;369199 said:
Kilmore picked up Xavier Youngman as well. So they should (theoretically) be right up there this year..

Shoulder reco..... wont be doing much in cricket season

Yeah, well, that might make things difficult for the Kilmore boys then. Especially when they've already lost Lachlan Richards down in Melbourne.

Rampant;369283 said:
Yeah, well, that might make things difficult for the Kilmore boys then. Especially when they've already lost Lachlan Richards down in Melbourne.

i was talking to Lachy's mum about where he was going to play this year. would you guys say its a big loss? i heard he has been improving rapidly the last couple of seasons.

well the season Kicks off tomorrow. still dont know who has who yet. anyone else know who is playing who?

Lachy would probably be up there as the quickest bowler in the league, although he tends to spray them a bit...

Taz89;369385 said:
i was talking to Lachy's mum about where he was going to play this year. would you guys say its a big loss? i heard he has been improving rapidly the last couple of seasons.

well the season Kicks off tomorrow. still dont know who has who yet. anyone else know who is playing who?

Melbourne Uni.

My prediction so far...

Avenal the favourites particularly with new allum recruits adding bowling depth. Tallarook with P Arandt at the helm will be very strong too, particularly with youngsters L Watts, L Irving and D Martin looking to improve as well. Alex will be in the mix depending on how much Hilly plays. Kilmore, enough said. Very Competitive. Yea could be the smokey with R Akers, L Atkins, Puppy in the order, looking for big improvements from Clements (x2) and Belsten for the bowling. Broadford will struggle with big losses in form of Blackwell and Douglas. Seymour still developing, but will suprise in a game or two. Boddington to take plenty of wickets. Eastern Hill will be competitive with Mr Reliables (Hager, Hanley) and looking for developments in Bergowicz and young B Coil.

End of Season Ladder (Prediction).

Avenal
Tallarook - premiers
Kilmore
Alex
Broadford

Batting: P Arandt (Rook)
Bowling: S Nichol (Alex)
Big Improver: R Hanson (Kilm)

Back