Shane Warne's comments

Renegadesfan

Also known as Sooz
What annoys me at the moment is Shane Warne making comments about the game that he made a name for himself.
It's getting to the point where you make a comment to Shane to tell him to shut up on twitter and the guy blocks you.
He needs to be spoken about in here.

What do you think of his comments about the whole game?

Warne is a very knowledgeable commentator in my opinion but also likes the sound of his voice and does enjoy making headlines with his comments. I feel it's a role he enjoys while commentating here plus it attracts attention to the Fox broadcast of matches with viewers, he also seems to favour certain players and has others he is a bit more critical of.

I certainly prefer the Channel Seven coverage as I feel it is more well rounded. Ricky Ponting is an excellent commentator, extremely knowledgeable about the game and has great insight. I also feel Tim Lane does a great job with the play-by-play commentary as well. Seven do a pretty good job in my opinion and their free-to-air (FTA) coverage has taken that side of things up a few notches when compared to the most recent season Nine had the FTA rights.

I also think that warnie sounds a bit like kane cornes at times where he's potted players in public.

as for the coverage they need to do the same as what they do with the footy.

Warne likes to be controversial, keeps his name in lights and creates discussion and interest in the broadcaster he works for (Foxtel).

I think Fox needs a few tweaks, if Warne could tone it down a bit that would be good but they should also get rid of Mark Howard who comes across as a flog if I'm honest.

Warne likes to be controversial, keeps his name in lights and creates discussion and interest in the broadcaster he works for (Foxtel).

I think Fox needs a few tweaks, if Warne could tone it down a bit that would be good but they should also get rid of Mark Howard who comes across as a flog if I'm honest.
I'd love it if they did the same thing as what ch7 and the AFL did and show the same game across the board and then the guys such as Mark Howard only do the BBL

Shane Warne is very similar to former Socceroos goalkeeper Mark Bosnich in a lot of ways.

The latter used to do the same things Warne does on Fox Sport's A-League coverage up until when they lost the rights.

Both sensational players in their respective sports in their day but unfortunately their own ego drives them in the commentary box.

A pity Shane Warne didn't take note of the late legendary commentator and former Test captain Richie Benaud when Warne shared the commentary box with him.

It's TV we can see what's going on we don't need Warne going on with his verbal diarrhoea.

Like Richie always said if you can't add something to the picture keep your mouth shut.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Mate let me remind you he thought Michael "at least he got a test" Beer was a good spinner...

Enough said.

Warne is one of the greatest to play the game but as dumb as dishwater commentating.

There was certainly a revolving door of spinners after Warne retired. Hogg, Casson, Cullen, Beer, Krezja and Doherty just to name a few. Beer was a good white-ball spinner and was perhaps underplayed in the white-ball arena but he was always a much better white-ball player than red ball. Not turning the ball a heap didn't help him either.

There was certainly a revolving door of spinners after Warne retired. Hogg, Casson, Cullen, Beer, Krezja and Doherty just to name a few. Beer was a good white-ball spinner and was perhaps underplayed in the white-ball arena but he was always a much better white-ball player than red ball. Not turning the ball a heap didn't help him either.
This.

Also the fact that warnie pots everyone who he is salty of these days makes him sound like he's self centred and entitled.

The warnie we all used to love watching take all those wickets is now a cranky dude

The best one was actually OKeefe aside from
Lyon but the bloke loved a beer too much lol

Warnie is somebody that loves being popular, loves himself too much.
Can't have proper relationships with the opposite sex.
He's a bit too much of a narcissistic person.

Didn't mind him when he played for Australia.
Difference is that he likes being around Glenn McGrath.

Glenn's far more mature than what warnie is.

O'Keefe had a good first class record, just that he wasn't all that well behaved at times off the field which cost him in terms of his international career and he did enjoy a beer as you mentioned above. His record at test level wasn't too bad and was probably as good or just as good as Lyon, the only difference being he wasn't a prodigious turner of the ball.

O'Keefe had a good first class record, just that he wasn't all that well behaved at times off the field which cost him in terms of his international career and he did enjoy a beer as you mentioned above. His record at test level wasn't too bad and was probably as good or just as good as Lyon, the only difference being he wasn't a prodigious turner of the ball.

Lyon doesn’t turn it that much either relies a lot on bounce in fact his most successful venues are ones with bounce.

Lyon doesn’t turn it that much either relies a lot on bounce in fact his most successful venues are ones with bounce.

I think Lyon turns it more than what O'Keefe does but the bounce he extracts is his biggest weapon. That's why he does so well on the decks here.

Its also why people expect him to roll teams in the sub continent and he doesn’t. It’s not the style of spinner he is.

I agree, certainly not a huge spinner of the ball and never has been. His average of 30.58 in India backs up the fact he relies more on bounce than spin.

The cricket pitches are roads there.

Depends on the deck prepared. Some can be roads, others deteriorate (sometimes quickly) as the game progresses while others produce good turn from day one.

SCG pitch is a road.

Anyway getting back on track with Shane Warne and his comments.
He should learn to respect his professional teammates rather than potting them and making a complete idiot of himself.
What should never happen is his kids getting baited because of their Dad's actions.

Back