Shane Warne's comments

Warne is career great and his comments should be listened to
Not if he's constantly bagging out his own professional players.
It's actually sickening.
I mean look if somebody was to bag the crap out of Babar Azam who's your favourite Pakistan player and told you something nasty it would be like an unnecessary slap in the face for you.
Loved watching warnie play for Australia but look he doesn't need to express his opinion on everything about cricket.

I loved watching Glenn McGrath bowl. I've met the bloke and know that he's not like Warnie and will keep his comments to himself.

Problem with Warnie is that he blocks people on social media. Which makes matters worse for him.

Not if he's constantly bagging out his own professional players.
It's actually sickening.
I mean look if somebody was to bag the crap out of Babar Azam who's your favourite Pakistan player and told you something nasty it would be like an unnecessary slap in the face for you.
Loved watching warnie play for Australia but look he doesn't need to express his opinion on everything about cricket.

I loved watching Glenn McGrath bowl. I've met the bloke and know that he's not like Warnie and will keep his comments to himself.

Problem with Warnie is that he blocks people on social media. Which makes matters worse for him.
To use football (soccer) as an example Mark Bosnich is the same as Warne.

Adored the bloke as a player and was my childhood hero in that sport too but as a commentator thinks he's bigger than the sport itself and blocks people he disagrees with.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

To use football (soccer) as an example Mark Bosnich is the same as Warne.

Adored the bloke as a player and was my childhood hero in that sport too but as a commentator thinks he's bigger than the sport itself and blocks people he disagrees with.

Bozza only blocks the trolls. He doesn't block people who disagree with his opinion.

People do the same to Rohan Connelly who used to be a Head Journo at The Age Sport.
All they do is be totally disrespectful.

Kane Cornes who used to play for Port Adelaide does the same on Radio. Pots players he doesn't like on radio.
It just annoys people.

Warney is paid to give his opinion. Even if negative he knows lot about cricket
Yes but he should not be a negative idiot whilst on air.
Needs to shut up when it comes to the rules of the game.
Needs to respect his professional teammates.

If he gets paid for being a negative flog on air i'd love to see how many court cases he's been involved with for the acts of defamation he's done whilst criticising everyone on air.

I think you are all being very disrespectful to ozzie great
That stems from the differences in South Asian and Australian culture.

In Australia if our past legends say something stupid the public will say so.

It's not like in India and Pakistan where past greats are treated like gods where its a mortal sin to criticise them.

Like it or not as stated elsewhere by me and others Shane Warne was adored by us for his feats on the pitch but off it he's a complete and utter tosser.

To use a spin on the quote made by young Neil Barlow in the Aussie Rules footy movie The Merger, Warne is summed up as Great cricketer, massive tool.

just the same with your thought patterns on BabarAzam.
Not everyone will like him but there is no need to force your opinions on why he is good when he might be out of form.

Whilst we grew up watching Warnie play cricket we do not need to hear him complain about today's players, the rules of the game and the umpires whilst on air.

It's like bagging the crap out of somebody on radio and then that person who copped it taking the commentator to court for defamation

That stems from the differences in South Asian and Australian culture.

In Australia if our past legends say something stupid the public will say so.

It's not like in India and Pakistan where past greats are treated like gods where its a mortal sin to criticise them.

Like it or not as stated elsewhere by me and others Shane Warne was adored by us for his feats on the pitch but off it he's a complete and utter tosser.

To use a spin on the quote made by young Neil Barlow in the Aussie Rules footy movie The Merger, Warne is summed up as Great cricketer, massive tool.

I respect your reply. My thought was Ozzie fan didn’t like king of spin comments being negative.

i like commentator who give opinion whether positive or negative.

I respect your reply. My thought was Ozzie fan didn’t like king of spin comments being negative.

i like commentator who give opinion whether positive or negative.

When he's talking about spin bowling I like listening. He's useless otherwise. It would be like Sunil Gavaskar talking about spin bowling it's a waste of time.

Old no breaks. I watched him bowl his first over in shield cricket and he did not turn them then.. does not turn them today. His major weapon is accuracy which gives him many of his wickets as bats get frustrated and mistime wild slog sweeps or the like. IMO our most promising young left armer is Matt Kuhnemann. He is also ultra accurate but he can utilise attacking and defensive balls. He is a gun.. perhaps better than Ashton Agar. Having said that, give me a big turning, skillful wristie any day.

As for Shane Warne. Loves to hear his own voice.. hogs the mike and is a touch over opinionated. Overdoes the Victorian bias. But the man has a good cricket brain and knows a good cricketer when he sees one and will bag a bad one when he sees one.

Last edited:
Old no breaks. I watched him bowl his first over in shield cricket and he did not turn them then.. does not turn them today. His major weapon is accuracy which gives him many of his wickets as bats get frustrated and mistime wild slog sweeps or the like. IMO our most promising young left armer is Matt Kuhnemann. He is also ultra accurate but he can utilise attacking and defensive balls. He is a gun.. perhaps better than Ashton Agar. Having said that, give me a big turning, skillful wristie any day.

As for Shane Warne. Loves to hear his own voice.. hogs the mike and is a touch over opinionated. Overdoes the Victorian bias. But the man has a good cricket brain and knows a good cricketer when he sees one and will bag a bad one when he sees one.

O'Keefe has always been fairly accurate with his bowling and relies on his accuracy, line and length plus drift to get wickets. He's never been a big turner of the ball but his first class record is pretty good and he was alright when called upon at test level but not in the same class as Lyon in my opinion.

Kuhnemann continue to improve and has had his best season in all forms of the game to date. Certainly one to watch in the spin ranks over the next few seasons along with Swepson.

Last edited by a moderator:
O'Keefe has always been fairly accurate with his bowling and relies on his accuracy, line and length plus drift to get wickets. He's never been a big turner of the ball but his first class record is pretty good and he was alright when called upon at test level but not in the same class as Lyon in my opinion.

Kuhnemann continue to improve and has had his best season in all forms of the game to date. Certainly one to watch in the spin ranks over the next few seasons along with Swepson.
If you're on about Steven O'Keefe he's injury prone. But T20 cricket suits him more.

Lyon is an off spinner. A bit like Tim May and Greg Matthews.

Would love to see Steve Smith bowl more! He's more like Warnie.

Would love to see Steve Smith bowl more! He's more like Warnie.
Control has always been Smith's problem. He has huge hands and give's it a Warne like tweak but he just can not land them consistently. To be brutally honest accuracy is what separates the moderate spinners from the good ones.

Last edited:
Control has always been Smith's problem. He has huge hands and give's it a Warne like tweak but he just can not land them consistently. To be brutally honest accuracy is what separates the moderate spinners from the good ones.
Steve's a great bowler don't get me wrong there. But to get a wicket 6 years after bowling in a game means he's still got it.

Warnie these days i'm not too sure about.

Back