Skins

Re: Skins

I use Canterburys armorfit which i suppose are very similar, they are top notch i use them more in the football season but i use my longsleeve one to keep me cool in the summer and theres nothing better than feeling nice and dry rather than all sweaty on you back after a long spell.

yeah i agree, playing in the 35 degree Australian sun isn't always pleasent :eek: . and as a plus they stop me from getting post cricket soreness :D

Skins are great, they keep your body temperature right and they aid recover after the action. I have worn them in the UK in the hot and cold, Singapore in the humid oppressive heat and Australia in various conditions. To the young and fit, they are a fashion icon, but the older you get the more they hold you together.
The best use in very sunny conditions is to block the sun and therefore ideal for the younger players. I've now used UnderArmour, Canterbury and Puma. They all pretty much do the same job and therefore, unless your really serious about their qualities and uses go for SKINS or it's just a fashion statement to supplement your kit.
I would recommend the tights to anyone, I usually suffer with hamstring injuries, however much stretching I do, but wearing the tights really did help and I had no muscle soreness after the match.

I have a canterbury undershirt, the one that keeps you cool in hot conditions, looks and feels nice, very comfortable to wear, and i was much more comfortable in the field when wearing it. I'm a fan of them.

As above, Canterbury all the way. I find them a godsend at all times of the year, and even have some work - find they help keep my warm\dry etc under the uniform.

I've used the canterbury skins (keep cool in hot weather) during one match. Very comfortable to wear during matches, haven't really tried it out in warm weather yet as it ended up being overcast for most of the day!

A salesman from a rival company to Canterbury, whilst trying to convince me to buy his product instead, told me that in one of the province's top club leagues, the canterbury skins were banned because of the company logo on the arm. Batsmen were objecting to the bowlers wearing them as the logo apparently distracted them from seeing the ball properly whilst bowling. Not sure if this is true or if anyone has come across it as well.

I have the skins long pants, cant say they're all their cracked up to be. They seem to help me on the field, but they certainly dont keep me cool and have done very little to decrease my recovery time.

ShaneS said:
A salesman from a rival company to Canterbury, whilst trying to convince me to buy his product instead, told me that in one of the province's top club leagues, the canterbury skins were banned because of the company logo on the arm. Batsmen were objecting to the bowlers wearing them as the logo apparently distracted them from seeing the ball properly whilst bowling. Not sure if this is true or if anyone has come across it as well.

I'm sure that if that was a problem, Canterbury would just remove the logo. Also, there is nothing to stop the players putting white tape over the logo.

ShaneS said:

Ha ha, that is a good one. Sounds like a desparate salesman to me.

lol i dunno about that... i havnt seen this logo 2 comment....

BUT i do know a fast bowler i faced a couple of games back had a tattoo all the way around his bicep.. and for some reason it was messin up my concentration just b4 he released the ball.... sooo it could be possible...

khan nasir said:
Ha ha, that is a good one. Sounds like a desparate salesman to me.

Lol, thats what I thought, I told him I'm a batsman and that I don't bowl so it wouldn't affect me anyway!

I'm thinking of gettin Skins for the upcoming season as they seem to be pretty good. Could anyone recommend long or short sleeve tops and short or full-length style tights?? Any views on the matter?

Well i got the short length for both. I got the half-tights so i can play AFL in them also and i got the short sleeve top so i can have my sleeves rolled up

OK thanks jimmy. I was thinking that there wouldn't be much benefit for having it extend onto your forearms really and it might inhibit the movement of the knee. On the other hand, your calfs are a reasonably large muscle group. I'll have a think about it.

And theres only 10 or so dollars in it, so yeah its just if you want to risk the disscomfort during your first few games. I found the ones i have quite comfortable and barely felt them under my whites

OK thanks for the advice jimmy, I've decided to get long tights and a long sleeved top to see how it goes on the basis that, with compression gradients, the more that's part of the gradient, the more the effect.

skins in canada we dont get those try looking for something called underarmour i think those might be cheaper then skins.

Back