South A 2012/13

The fixtures have been changed aspendale were ment to play
Bonbeach at bonbeach rd 1 but know we r playing carnigie at there ground and bonbeach
Rd 2 at our ground.
All the rounds have been changed anyone know why ?

It was nice to see a young umpire turn up yesterday at 11.45am for a A2 match. Clearly the lines of communication don't work in the ump dept?

I think the words used were "no way? F#ck off... Look at the ground and the wicket?!!!" (Insert sub continent accent)

Any player movements in south A ?,
I hear mentone have got 2 England players coming over.
Carnegie have picked up a few ?
Any one else ?

Yer fair call hope we find out soon what sides r in south a and south

With 16 sides left in South (outside of Senior), you’d figure 8 and 8 in each division, which would mean either Clayton don’t come up from South A, or 3 go down from last year’s South – or something else that I couldn’t think of

When they formed an 8 team division comp last time was it half one dayers and half two dayers?

Works well. It does give you an extra Sunday game, and it can sometimes cause issues when your lower grades are in the middle of a two day game and you have to find a player for the 2nd one day game in a two week block (if that makes sense) – but playing every team in 1 and 2 day games is terrific

As long as the two dayers are done first, which it was last year (but not 2 years ago) – I think it is the best way of doing it

With 16 sides left in South (outside of Senior), you’d figure 8 and 8 in each division, which would mean either Clayton don’t come up from South A, or 3 go down from last year’s South – or something else that I couldn’t think of
in order to keep 5 sides in the VTCA McKinnon need to play their 2nds in south A or 3rds in South A2 and on top of that I believe Old Mentonians are playing their 2nds in one of the south divisions aswell so there is some work to do to make that work...

in order to keep 5 sides in the VTCA McKinnon need to play their 2nds in south A or 3rds in South A2 and on top of that I believe Old Mentonians are playing their 2nds in one of the south divisions aswell so there is some work to do to make that work...

That might be the something I didn’t think of!!

There will be 2nds teams without 1st teams in the aligned comp, or vice versa – so only thing I can think of is if OMCC and McKinnon align as the 1st and 2nds in the one comp (say South A and South A seconds). But that only makes 17 teams, meaning byes in one of the grades

Given the 1s and 2s have been diluted this season, maybe it is time to get rid of the 2s comps. 4 or 5 teams would come back from Senior seconds, so at least there would be a bit more depth to the south comp

Back