South A & B 2011/12

Any bloody news yet? WHO is playing in what comp down here???

South Division:
Bonbeach Tangy
Brighton District
Chelsea
Cheltenham
Hampton
Mentone
Old Mentonians
Port Melbourne
Murrumbeena
Parkdale

South A1:
Aspendale
Carnegie
Clayton District
Dingley
East Malvern
Heatherton
Highett
Maccabi Ajax
Middle Park
Moorabbin Park
Parkdale United
RMIT

youd assume that they asked to go back down wouldnt you ? which is strange seeings they spent so much money on getting troy lamb to push to go up only a few years ago...
On good authority i heard they asked to go down...with the loss of lamb, weinstock, onas, gelbart, litinski, rosenthal just dont have the debth that some other clubs have.....should b good in years to come blooding lots of kids thoguh

Rebuild or Refresh at AJAX???
Rebuild phase. Last two years have been painful and id expect that to continue. However the key positive will see the club continue to blood and nurture many young kids at senior level. Rumour has it Dave gelbart was spotted training with Bentleigh. Would b crushing for ajax loosing an ex captain and legend of the club. How are all the other clubs gearing up for the season? early season premiership tips?

Rebuild phase. Last two years have been painful and id expect that to continue. However the key positive will see the club continue to blood and nurture many young kids at senior level. Rumour has it Dave gelbart was spotted training with Bentleigh. Would b crushing for ajax loosing an ex captain and legend of the club. How are all the other clubs gearing up for the season? early season premiership tips?

Clearance has gone through on the latest list. Just needs paperwork submitted.
Have heard the teams coming up from South A (Hampton & the Tang ) have recruited well.
In South A itself, Moorabin Park would be an early favourite considering they'lll be playing most of the teams from South B that they beat last season.

There is a massive gap in South A, from the better teams (Moorabin Park, Dingley, Clayton, Ajax) to the truly awful (Parkdale United, Aspendale, East Malvern, RMIT).

The top 4 sides are undefeated and should fight it out. I'd say Moorabbin Park are probably the ones to drop out, with looking at their top order they only have Trav Campbell and an unhealthy reliance on the veterans from 10 years ago! Clayton have recruited well, Dingley have some good youngsters coming through, but Ajax have the experience of playing in a higher grade and are my pick at the moment. If the Matjlis brothers play all year, they should be too strong.

There is a massive gap in South A, from the better teams (Moorabin Park, Dingley, Clayton, Ajax) to the truly awful (Parkdale United, Aspendale, East Malvern, RMIT).

The top 4 sides are undefeated and should fight it out. I'd say Moorabbin Park are probably the ones to drop out, with looking at their top order they only have Trav Campbell and an unhealthy reliance on the veterans from 10 years ago! Clayton have recruited well, Dingley have some good youngsters coming through, but Ajax have the experience of playing in a higher grade and are my pick at the moment. If the Matjlis brothers play all year, they should be too strong.

I tend to disagree. I think the top 4 look pretty good but I wouldn't discount Heatherton and Highett just yet. I think any team at this level Dave Dervan could b pretty dangerous. Highett probably have the best draw in the comp and it looks as though there new skip is quite handy with bat and ball. Highett will prob need 2 get theri 2 elder statesman ( Bambridge & Bayliss) on the park more often 2 b rite up there. I think Clayton r the team 2 beat. They look 2 easily have the most depth. All recruits look 2 have the goods including Rengarajah, Harkness & Williams. Street may have got injured does ne1 know ne news there? Calbera boys look 2 b scoring heavily as well. I think theyll b hard 2 beat. Id say Moorabin Park r prob just behind them but r prob 2 reliant on T Campbell. If he doesnt fire with both bat and ball they may struggle. They have some good expereince including B Campbell A Tressider and Gilchrist but they really need Trav 2 fire 2 go the whole way. Then I rate Dingley and Ajax pretty similiarly. I think Dingley have some good kids and they cud have the most destructive player in the comp Luke Grant. Christo Otto 2 has has a good start 2 the year and cud b influential with bat and ball. Ajax look a chanec 2 and have started really well. Agree if the Majtlis bros play consistently theyll b hard 2 beet. A Goldstein looks a good pik up.What r other people thoughts?

Thoughts going into last round and finals,

Heatherton 2 win the flag and Dave Dervan 2 bcome Mayor of Heatherton!
I want ppls thoughts r team of the year. My team is as follows:

1) R. Carson
2) S. Campbell
3) M Greene
4) T. Campbell (c)
5) R. Caldera
6) C. Otto
7) L. Grant
8) D. Majtlis
9) S. Williams
10) J. Bradley
11) D. Dervan

Unlucky to miss out: R. Goodbody, C.Mcready & A.Ray

Well that says two things -
1. Aspendale have discovered gold under their pavilion. They are a rabble and wouldnt think they could afford him for 1 match let alone a season.
2. Moorabbin Park in huge trouble. Pay the price for having 1 player perform over 2 years. Not good for them.

Back