South A & B 2011/12

Carnigie have signed regan Buckley as captain
Picked up Fenton and a Pom from Kingston saints
And rumour is keajawaki from heatherton too
Looks like the team to beat

Maccabi-Ajax leaving and going to play social cricket in the Mercantile comp

Is that fair-dinkum SS? That's a massive loss to the VTCA South structure if the case, just the thought of missing those awesome afternoon teas has me appalled! But seriously, was there any warning? Is the VTCA in a position to have Ajax reconsider?

Maccabi-Ajax leaving and going to play social cricket in the Mercantile comp
might not be social cricket for much longer if clubs keep on joining to take advantage of the more flexible fixture and divisional set up and god forbid i mention the proper oneday cricket restrictions.. Mercantile might become the Southern Turf CA and the VTCA the Northern Turf CA.. I for one wouldnt miss the away games over the westgate.

might not be social cricket for much longer if clubs keep on joining to take advantage of the more flexible fixture and divisional set up and god forbid i mention the proper oneday cricket restrictions.. Mercantile might become the Southern Turf CA and the VTCA the Northern Turf CA.. I for one wouldnt miss the away games over the westgate.
If you don't like the travel, drop down a division mate
The clubs that have gone to play social cricet at the MCA have nearly fallen over, MHSOB will struggle to field a side and Ajax have lost all their good players and South Yarra always fielded teams in that comp.

If you don't like the travel, drop down a division mate
The clubs that have gone to play social cricet at the MCA have nearly fallen over, MHSOB will struggle to field a side and Ajax have lost all their good players and South Yarra always fielded teams in that comp.
Well said Southern. There is such a thing as pride. Pride in the competition you play in, pride in playing at a good level. A club without a fair dose of pride soon loses it's better players.

$$$ that the so called 'Pride Ship' aka VTCA is happy to take off clubs.....what exactly do we get back?? $$$ Fines? $$$ more new covers????.......Streky you might have hit the nail on the head my man....clubs are leaving in the South = sinking 'Pride Ship'! Maybe the 'Pride Ship' should start listening to the clubs before there is a mutiny! ....the rats are squealing! What does MCA stand for....might google it!!! ;)

$$$ that the so called 'Pride Ship' aka VTCA is happy to take off clubs.....what exactly do we get back?? $$$ Fines? $$$ more new covers????.......Streky you might have hit the nail on the head my man....clubs are leaving in the South = sinking 'Pride Ship'! Maybe the 'Pride Ship' should start listening to the clubs before there is a mutiny! ....the rats are squealing! What does MCA stand for....might google it!!! ;)
What would you want from them, its alright to have a go ,but come up with some ideas.
I believe the VT is giving every club $500 for covers.

Give those clubs a couple of seasons and they will run back faster than Yusain Bolt.:)

What's happening in the South? South & South A had 22 teams last season, down to 18 for this coming season. Why are clubs like East Malvern & Ajax leaving? If things keep going at this rate not only will there be no South B but there might not be a South A.

RMIT have also left as well.. RMIT only fielded a 1st XI in A1 so there was always a bye when playing in the A2 comp. East Malvern have merged with Tooronga Districs and playing in the ECA comp. Ajax - Not sure ?, wouldn't want to speculate on rumours..

Back