South Africa's best XI and Neil Mckenzie.

Re: South Africa's best XI and Neil Mckenzie.

Can JP open?

Looks more suited to a number 4 position, which is obviously unavailable at the present. He'll end up there though.

Trouble is, the only one with any real experience opening is De Villiers, and he wasn't too good at it. They don't want to shift the batting lineup much by pushing Amla to open.

I think when Prince is back, Duminy or De Villiers will have to open.

Would be surprised if they put AB opening. Looks pretty settled where he is, doubt he would want to move.

Sundries;300813 said:
Can JP open?

Looks more suited to a number 4 position, which is obviously unavailable at the present. He'll end up there though.

Yes he opens in first class cricket. I don't think De Villiers will 0pen as they have tried him there before and he is more comfortable at 6.

grapedo;301132 said:
Yes he opens in first class cricket. I don't think De Villiers will 0pen as they have tried him there before and he is more comfortable at 6.

Don't see what the problem is if he opens in first class cricket. Much more solid than McKenzie.

Sundries;301171 said:
Don't see what the problem is if he opens in first class cricket. Much more solid than McKenzie.

Yeah he rotates between opening and middle order for his south african provincial team.

Back