South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

underarm bowler;366149 said:
well good for South A what about the rest of us that have to put up with 2 day games....this response will be met with the same old...well don't play in the comp if you don't like it....but i can be pretty certain that if local cricket doesn't revert to more 1 day cricket in the next 5 years clubs will drop out...fold etc. Those who say the longer form of the game isn't fading are kidding themselves.
Reckon that underarm of yours needs a good case of deoderant mate.
It's not the VTCA that doesn't want 1 day cricket, it's the Clubs.
My Club was one which applied on the affiliation form to enter the Saturday One Day Comp, only to be contacted by the VTCA to say it couldn't happen due to the lack of entries, only 3 in the north and 5 in the South applied.
We then got a phone call to say that the best they could do for us was to fixture us in the Sunday One day or create a 8 team draw with some of the Clubs that wanted to play 2 day in a 7/7 comp. we opted for the 7 one 7 two day option.
On the question of the 8 team 7/7 draw,it was our understanding when it was raised at a meeting that where the fixturing under the restructure necessitated 8 team divisions that the 7/7 was the Clubs preference. I see this has been done in South A1/2,South B 1/2,South C2&3,North B1/2& North C3.
The VT cop their fair whack on quite a few things, and rightly so, however on this one the Clubs didn't want it.
Maybe you should start putting that deoderant under those arms instead of sniffing it.

Ifya Adballs;366190 said:
Reckon that underarm of yours needs a good case of deoderant mate.
It's not the VTCA that doesn't want 1 day cricket, it's the Clubs.
My Club was one which applied on the affiliation form to enter the Saturday One Day Comp, only to be contacted by the VTCA to say it couldn't happen due to the lack of entries, only 3 in the north and 5 in the South applied.
We then got a phone call to say that the best they could do for us was to fixture us in the Sunday One day or create a 8 team draw with some of the Clubs that wanted to play 2 day in a 7/7 comp. we opted for the 7 one 7 two day option.
On the question of the 8 team 7/7 draw,it was our understanding when it was raised at a meeting that where the fixturing under the restructure necessitated 8 team divisions that the 7/7 was the Clubs preference. I see this has been done in South A1/2,South B 1/2,South C2&3,North B1/2& North C3.
The VT cop their fair whack on quite a few things, and rightly so, however on this one the Clubs didn't want it.
Maybe you should start putting that deoderant under those arms instead of sniffing it.

Ifya Adballs ( i don't think you do), as far as the VTCA goes, i wouldnt be surprised if most clubs DID want the change, we all no the VTCA doesnt like change, as the old farts running the show might be a bit outdated if they did change things.

if it was the case that most clubs didn't want the change then why was our club told it was a done deal????????

the main problem with this comp is that the COMMITTEE doesn't have the balls to make a decision and stick with it as happens in other associations and if clubs dont like the decision they are TOLD TO DEAL WITH IT, you don't see the board bowing down to a few clubs.

as for your comment about clubs not wanting to play one day games, i find that hard to believe as 98% of people last season wanted more one dayers.

Lets all face the reality, WE ARE SOCIAL CRICKETERS with the exception of a few clubs (hi to all at YCCC and AWSC), we will never play test cricket so Rupert to the 2dayers off and have less availabilty issues for the smaller clubs.

Underarm, you smell fine all i can smell is the opposition shi**ing themselves when your bowling.

Ifya your post actually probably made sense just a shame you spoilt it by trying to start and finish the post with some 'average humour'!
My post was my humble opinion on the way the league possibly should look to.My understanding was that the league were bringing the 2 dayers and 1 day split format.My mistake. Looks like i'll have to slip down the grades then.
Kev....good to see you back.

Looks like they've made a meal of the 3rd and 4th XI fixtures lower down in the south... There's been wholesale changes with teams going up and down for seemingly no apparent reason. Expect a few noses out of joint

Southern Son;366292 said:
Looks like they've made a meal of the 3rd and 4th XI fixtures lower down in the south... There's been wholesale changes with teams going up and down for seemingly no apparent reason. Expect a few noses out of joint
I think it was to accomadate the teams out of last years Saturday one -dayers

Kev Davis;366209 said:
Ifya Adballs ( i don't think you do), as far as the VTCA goes, i wouldnt be surprised if most clubs DID want the change, we all no the VTCA doesnt like change, as the old farts running the show might be a bit outdated if they did change things.

if it was the case that most clubs didn't want the change then why was our club told it was a done deal????????

the main problem with this comp is that the COMMITTEE doesn't have the balls to make a decision and stick with it as happens in other associations and if clubs dont like the decision they are TOLD TO DEAL WITH IT, you don't see the board bowing down to a few clubs.

as for your comment about clubs not wanting to play one day games, i find that hard to believe as 98% of people last season wanted more one dayers.

Lets all face the reality, WE ARE SOCIAL CRICKETERS with the exception of a few clubs (hi to all at YCCC and AWSC), we will never play test cricket so Rupert to the 2dayers off and have less availabilty issues for the smaller clubs.

Underarm, you smell fine all i can smell is the opposition shi**ing themselves when your bowling.

Kev, Firstly, I understand that there is new blood on the Executive this year, with the new President being an "old 30 something". As for the VTCA not liking change, correct me if I am wrong but haven't they changed the 2 paid player rule?? And who are the 98% of people who wanted 1 dayers?? Obviously yourself and "Piefrower" who again is you, but who else?:D

Port lost last year because they had too much focus on Daykin and their others couldnt step up.

I'm hearing big things re Hewitt at Beauy so I'm re assesing my views on them, I think they'll be anywhere from 3-6. Its a cracking comp:

Bentleigh
Brighton
Port
Murrumbeena
Beauy
Chelsea
Hampton
Maccabi Ajax
MHSOB
Chelt

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;367982 said:
Port lost last year because they had too much focus on Daykin and their others couldnt step up.

I'm hearing big things re Hewitt at Beauy so I'm re assesing my views on them, I think they'll be anywhere from 3-6. Its a cracking comp:

Bentleigh
Brighton
Port
Murrumbeena
Beauy
Chelsea
Hampton
Maccabi Ajax
MHSOB
Chelt

Ajax with no Weinstock and Lamb will be lucky to finish that high.

Bentleigh
Brighton
Port
Murrumbeena
Beauy
Chelsea
Hampton
Maccabi Ajax
MHSOB
Chelt

If Chelt finish last I will run down Charman Rd nude at peak hour.....

Ladder Predictions
1. Brighton Dists
2. Bentleigh
3. Port Melb
4. Beaumaris
5. Hampton
6. Murrumbeena
7. Chelsea
8. Cheltenham
9. Maccabi / Ajax
10. MHSOB

pdog pizza's;368096 said:
Ladder Predictions
1. Brighton Dists
2. Bentleigh
3. Port Melb
4. Beaumaris
5. Hampton
6. Murrumbeena
7. Chelsea
8. Cheltenham
9. Maccabi / Ajax
10. MHSOB

Agree with Ajax & the Old Boys battling it out for the spoon. Not much love for Cheltenham on here. Is Cheetham still going around?

Southern Star - Chelt will be no good... Beauy with Hewitt will be strong - do u know anything about Hampton and their Pommy? I've heard from a bloke i know O/S saying he's a beauty! And they may have a lightening quick Pommy coming too - have u heard this?

Bentleigh
Brighton
Port
Murrumbeena
Beauy
Chelsea
Hampton
Maccabi Ajax
MHSOB
Chelt

How'd they snag him?!... Along with Roach and Street at Bentleigh, he'll add some definite flavour to this comp. Beauy have always been a club with good depth and strong batting, so his left-armers will add some definite potency. Can bat too.

On another topic, the VT have advised that details of their regional T20 comp will be out in a week or so. Apparently it will be up to competing teams to organise venue/dates etc... Most south div clubs up for this?

Qball;368403 said:
Southern Star - Chelt will be no good... Beauy with Hewitt will be strong - do u know anything about Hampton and their Pommy? I've heard from a bloke i know O/S saying he's a beauty! And they may have a lightening quick Pommy coming too - have u heard this?

SS has spies everywhere and the reports I hear is they just may well have a good un' on their hands. Can only be better than the stinker they had last year. What does your OS bloke say about him?

Don't know anything about a quick. Have the seahorses loaded up on poms this year?

Back