South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

Vicious and Well Directed;373003 said:
Port will beat Ajax outright before tea on Day 2.
Hampton to get up purely on the basis of homeground advantage in a close one.
Old Boys over Bentleigh in another close one, could go either way
Beauey to continue their good start
Brighton which will put Murrembeena is massive trouble.

Port easily.
Hampton in a close one.
Bentleigh at home, with Riach back in the Demons line up to help.
Brighton too good for Murrumbeena.
Beaumaris comfortably against Cheltenham.

Southern Son;372607 said:
A fundamental at any club and in any comp is that the 2nd XI should be seen as the breeding ground for the 1st XI. You should be fielding the strongest possible line-up in the 2's, with the view that those blokes can step-up to the 1's when required. Thus your 'true' 2nd XI should be taking the field in the Sth 2nd's.

If you play in Sth Division, your 2's HAVE to play in Sth 2nd's - its a "mirrored" fixture, which I back the VTCA on. They simply can't re-grade your 2's lower

You blokes need to decide what type of cricket club you want to be. Can't see how you can have one foot in the VT and the other in the CMCA like that between your top two XI's.

CMCA have some good players... big fishes thou, Gorozidies comes to mind... if a bloke like that can smash 100s still, yet cannot run a single, he has no chance on the turf with uneven bounce and side ways movement...CMCA is old fashion booze culture cricket...

No play at Brighton yesterday when most did play. Could be a turn up with Ajax a chance to knock off Port, Beauy a chance of an outright against a very disappointing Chelsea, Hewitt taking 7.

Apparently the covers blew off overnight at Brighton. With the early morning sunshine coming down they could've got on but it would've been a late start. I think both captains agreed to call it off and play a 1 dayer next week.

The rules state that you can start late and split the overs. If anyone can remember didn't the Brighton covers blow off one night when Bentleigh were batting the next day resulting in a protest.

southern sledge;373250 said:
The rules state that you can start late and split the overs. If anyone can remember didn't the Brighton covers blow off one night when Bentleigh were batting the next day resulting in a protest.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Captains agreed pitch was unfit. End of discussion.

zyxwvu;373330 said:
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Captains agreed pitch was unfit. End of discussion.

The pitch is unfit every week zyxwvu, so whats the difference! ;)

southern sledge;373250 said:

No, I think the covers were left on too long.

They need to come off at 8.00am Saturday morning if there is no chance of rain.

Anyway, did Saturdays results change anything.

Was Port's loss to Ajax nothing to worry about, or are they too reliant on Daykin?

Looks like Chelsea had a fair crack at the outright points against Beauy.

Brighton and Bentleigh looked strong against teams that might struggle.

i've played against port this year and they look reliant on daykin with both bat and ball....if daykin goes for not many they are in trouble..reese jones can also bat...If i had to pick a winner at this early stage it would be bentleigh streets ahead.

sh sh shot;374711 said:
i've played against port this year and they look reliant on daykin with both bat and ball....if daykin goes for not many they are in trouble..reese jones can also bat...If i had to pick a winner at this early stage it would be bentleigh streets ahead.

"streets ahead"........very clever.

Chris Street has performed really well so far. And along with Peter Roach, Bentleigh have a couple of match winners that they needed.
They copped Port in a one dayer when Daykin was on fire [96 & 4 for].
I think you are right about Daykin, but the fact is they have him, and as long as he is playing, Port are dangerous.

I wouldn't discount Beaumaris. Also have the class players to be a contender.

sh sh shot;374711 said:

Tipping you play for Bentleigh... And didn't Port actually beat Bentleigh in Round 2...!?

Wouldn't say they are solely reliant on Daykin. Khawaja has carved up plenty of attacks over the years and made 222 in a 40 over game for Pakistan Eagles earlier in the season. Boyle has been a quality bowler in Senior Division. I'd think they are probably as deep as most other clubs pushing for a premiership.

Vicious and Well Directed;374778 said:
Wouldn't say they are solely reliant on Daykin. Khawaja has carved up plenty of attacks over the years and made 222 in a 40 over game for Pakistan Eagles earlier in the season. Boyle has been a quality bowler in Senior Division. I'd think they are probably as deep as most other clubs pushing for a premiership.

True, Khawaja can bat. A very dangerous player at the top of the order.

I don't play much these days, but I have faced Josh Boyle a few years ago when he was at Keilor. Was bowling with the wind behind him and was pretty quick and a real handful being a lefty. How does he go these days? Lost any pace?

Tips for Round 4.

Bentleigh to defeat Murrumbeena.
Hampton too good for MHSOB.
Chelsea over Ajax.
Brighton to beat Port in the match of the round.
Beaumaris to get over the top of Cheltenham in a close one.

Northern $uper$tars;375165 said:
Tips for Round 4.

Bentleigh to defeat Murrumbeena.
Hampton too good for MHSOB.
Chelsea over Ajax.
Brighton to beat Port in the match of the round.
Beaumaris to get over the top of Cheltenham in a close one.

Any changes given the week 1 results?
Brighton will need a good chase to get runs.
Murrumbeena have completely lost their way as badly as Hoppers have in North Division. Lamb is getting wickets, but has 1 run from his last 3 hits.
Don't reckon the ladder will change much from where it is now. Ajax and Murrumbeena will finish down the bottom and the top 4 might shuffle around, but don't think it will change too much.

Vicious and Well Directed;375623 said:
Any changes given the week 1 results?
Brighton will need a good chase to get runs.
Murrumbeena have completely lost their way as badly as Hoppers have in North Division. Lamb is getting wickets, but has 1 run from his last 3 hits.
Don't reckon the ladder will change much from where it is now. Ajax and Murrumbeena will finish down the bottom and the top 4 might shuffle around, but don't think it will change too much.

I'm happy I'm on Bentleigh and Beaumaris for this round.
Chelsea looks ok.

But I think both Brighton and Hampton are up against it.
Although weather conditions for the rest of the week should produce good decks for Saturday. MHSOB's bowling isn't exceptionally strong, so Hampton could get close.

Lamb is struggling, no doubt. A second ball duck on Saturday. Although from all reports, Street's spell of bowling was something to behold. Had the Beena's 3-1, and ended up with 4-9 from 8 overs.

Back