South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

Northern $uper$tars;375632 said:
I'm happy I'm on Bentleigh and Beaumaris for this round.
Chelsea looks ok.

But I think both Brighton and Hampton are up against it.
Although weather conditions for the rest of the week should produce good decks for Saturday. MHSOB's bowling isn't exceptionally strong, so Hampton could get close.

Lamb is struggling, no doubt. A second ball duck on Saturday. Although from all reports, Street's spell of bowling was something to behold. Had the Beena's 3-1, and ended up with 4-9 from 8 overs.

Lamb finding form with the bat is Murrumbeena's only chance of avoiding relegation but they were well off the pace in South A last year and should never have been promoted. It's pathetic if Old Mentonians didn't want to go up - I thought teams staying down so they can win premierships finished with the Mordialloc and Aspendale problems of a few years ago???

Cash Man;375800 said:
Lamb finding form with the bat is Murrumbeena's only chance of avoiding relegation but they were well off the pace in South A last year and should never have been promoted. It's pathetic if Old Mentonians didn't want to go up - I thought teams staying down so they can win premierships finished with the Mordialloc and Aspendale problems of a few years ago???

Problems last season as well - Chelsea asking to be relegated down 2 divisions and ended up winning the premiership.

Can't remember it ever being an issue in the North.

Is it rude to laugh out loud when thinking and reading about the performances of Murrumbeena's IPL super-recruit ??!! Whoever is holding the purse strings down there needs to take a good look at themselves

This is turning in to a race out of three teams, Port, Beaumaris and Bentleigh with the forth spot up for grabs. All three would go well in the top grade at the moment with their present teams.

southern sledge;376795 said:
This is turning in to a race out of three teams, Port, Beaumaris and Bentleigh with the forth spot up for grabs. All three would go well in the top grade at the moment with their present teams.

Agree with that assessment. Clearly 3 teams on top, and Murrembeena clearly going to be relegated, Ajax is surprising and might avoid it. 6 teams could finish from 4th to 9th.

Agree Sledge. 3 very strong teams in this division with gun recruits who are performing well.

Hard to rate how they'd go in Snr Div. I'm sure Beauy and Bentleigh would be competitive (Port less so), but how would they go if each of their 2-3 stars fail to fire?

Northern $uper$tars;376809 said:
How big this week - Bentleigh vs Beaumaris. 1st vs 2nd.

Early tip from me, Beauy just. Hewitt is in white hot form and will be hard to stop.

Yeah, Beauy, although their depth outside Hewitt and Hignett will be tested if Street puts in another spell like he did last week.

Kidding. Top division very strong this season, the jump from what was a poor south representation in Snr A last yar to top division is bigger than just adding 1 player.

I would say 2 or 3 teams will struggle all year in Senior Div. and would be beaten by Beaumaris, Bentleigh or Port if Daykin fires. St. Bernards are going well and CYMS have been competitive and seem to rely on Law, but i believe these South sides are pretty good and would aquit themselves well.

Ajax have genuinely surprised so far, but really can't see them beating Brighton who would see themselves as a top 4 side.
Beauy over Bentleigh in what should be the best match so far this year.
MHSOB also the surprise this year and should take care of Chelt. Fairly reliant on two bats to score runs, but Villani is in decent form at the moment.
Chelsea will thump Murrembeena who look like they are 2 grades out of their depth.
Port should account for Hampton who look short on batting and would be wanting Docksey to bowl himself.

Vicious and Well Directed;377475 said:
Ajax have genuinely surprised so far, but really can't see them beating Brighton who would see themselves as a top 4 side.
Beauy over Bentleigh in what should be the best match so far this year.
MHSOB also the surprise this year and should take care of Chelt. Fairly reliant on two bats to score runs, but Villani is in decent form at the moment.
Chelsea will thump Murrembeena who look like they are 2 grades out of their depth.
Port should account for Hampton who look short on batting and would be wanting Docksey to bowl himself.

I'm cheating a bit, but I'll put my tips in now, after week one.
[Forgot on Friday]

Maccabi Ajax vs Brighton Dist 9-196 [cc]
Ajax - they'll will be disappointed if they don't chase down 200.
Lasky's innings must have been something special.

MHSOB 0-5 vs Cheltenham 276
MHSOB will have to bat well, but always a chance to score big on the small Melb High school ground. Cheltenham should still win.

Chelsea vs Murrumbeena 7-177 [63.1]
Obviously rain affected. Murrumbeena not without a chance if they can get up to 200 in the 7 or so overs they will bat this coming week.

Bentleigh vs Beaumaris - no play
Beaumaris just. Should be a cracker.

Port Melb vs Hampton - no play
Port Melbourne comfortably.

Northern $uper$tars;377830 said:
I'm cheating a bit, but I'll put my tips in now, after week one.

Maccabi Ajax vs Brighton Dist 9-196 [cc]
Ajax - they'll will be disappointed if they don't chase down 200.
Lasky's innings must have been something special.

was down at albert and saw laskys innings....toughed it out when everyone around him was falling.....got the score to around 130 then went nuts with 8 overs to go....very good bat....AJAX would be rewing dropping lasky on around 65 at 8-135....could have been a very different score had that been taken..AJAX have question marks on the batting line up but i think they may just get up.

As for my other tips

Bentleigh will restrict beauy to a low score and win comfortably.
Port will be to strong for hampton
runs on the board are always important...cheltenham over MH.
Chelsea will score 250+ against murrumbeena..

Saw lamby got into double figures this week.....good for him

its been the word around the circles of people in the know.

the tiges have huge wraps on him and are keen to secure him its just a matter of the shakrs letting him go

dorothydixer;378392 said:
its been the word around the circles of people in the know.

the tiges have huge wraps on him and are keen to secure him its just a matter of the shakrs letting him go

You still did not answer the question??:confused:

dorothydixer;378399 said:
Well all u need to do is look at the man to realise he wont be taking Richo's CHF possie next season

So you are telling me that he is going to Richmond for his batting talents?? While I dont think I have seen him play, I can only go on his stats. And wow, don't his numbers stack up...... I can see why they would want him...............NOT!!! Are you sure you are not the player and posting about yourself?? It has been done before so don't be shy...

Back