South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

gib;391396 said:
Looks like MHSOB had a real crack at making a game of it, but Bentleigh declined the offer.

Why would Bentleigh attempt to chase MHSOB's score when they didn't have to. Granted, the wicket at Bentleigh was a belter even with the rain, the Demons did the smart thing and got some valuable batting practise in for the upcoming Grand Final.

Beaumaris seemed comfortable batting for as long as they had to and not "making a game of it" against Port.

Should be a cracking GF.

Gib, after calling in, all be it for 5 or 6 overs on saturday and sunday of the Parkdale game, it seemed Mentone got the better of the conditions and outfield.Good win all the same.

lifemember;391183 said:
can anyone tell me when the this bullsh__t rule came in about splitting overs when there is rain??? When did the Clubs agree to this?? What a joke!!

Big WELL DONE to the vtca for introducing this rule! this means the better team on the day/s progresses and the teams who finish higher on the ladder cant just shut up shop and play boring as batshit cricket.

you all know i dont give praise that easily but im rasing my glass 'to the VTCA'

well done, bout time someone made 'fair play' (as fifa put it) into cricket

Kev Davis;391459 said:
Big WELL DONE to the vtca for introducing this rule! this means the better team on the day/s progresses and the teams who finish higher on the ladder cant just shut up shop and play boring as batshit cricket.

you all know i dont give praise that easily but im rasing my glass 'to the VTCA'

well done, bout time someone made 'fair play' (as fifa put it) into cricket

Well here's a big NOT WELL DONE on what the rumor is. How does two Clubs who have their 1st and 2nd XI in the Grand Final play at a ground in which has not been recognised as one of the better grounds all year. To spell it out, Bentleigh V Beaumaris 1st and 2nd XI Grand Final is rumored to be played at Sth Caulfield. What I know is that both Bentleigh and Beauie agreed to play the 1st XI final at Bentleigh and the 2nd XI final at Beauie. Beauie captain even sent an email to the VT requesting same - fell on deaf ears apparently. I though the VT were all about promoting a strong competition and supporting local clubs. How does playing all teams at a ground whose teams are not even in the finals support the clubs whose teams are? Apparently if your Club has someone on the VT Exec, you seem to get your way (you do the math). Given that the two Clubs wanted to support each other, and given that both grounds (Beauie and Bentleigh) are far better grounds than Sth Caulfield, as well as the facilities, I am not sure what the decision makers at the VT have been smoking. Big shout out to the VT for once again failing to listen to the Clubs - I mean they are the ones who make the competition after all.....aren't they?

lifemember;391183 said:
can anyone tell me when the this bullsh__t rule came in about splitting overs when there is rain??? When did the Clubs agree to this?? What a joke!!

Fair dinkcum mate, the rule has been in place for at least 8 or 9 years.
How long have you had your head up your clacker for ?

lifemember;391701 said:
Well here's a big NOT WELL DONE on what the rumor is. How does two Clubs who have their 1st and 2nd XI in the Grand Final play at a ground in which has not been recognised as one of the better grounds all year. To spell it out, Bentleigh V Beaumaris 1st and 2nd XI Grand Final is rumored to be played at Sth Caulfield. What I know is that both Bentleigh and Beauie agreed to play the 1st XI final at Bentleigh and the 2nd XI final at Beauie. Beauie captain even sent an email to the VT requesting same - fell on deaf ears apparently. I though the VT were all about promoting a strong competition and supporting local clubs. How does playing all teams at a ground whose teams are not even in the finals support the clubs whose teams are? Apparently if your Club has someone on the VT Exec, you seem to get your way (you do the math). Given that the two Clubs wanted to support each other, and given that both grounds (Beauie and Bentleigh) are far better grounds than Sth Caulfield, as well as the facilities, I am not sure what the decision makers at the VT have been smoking. Big shout out to the VT for once again failing to listen to the Clubs - I mean they are the ones who make the competition after all.....aren't they?

Obviously your head is still up your clacker.
It has been a long established and accepted principle that 1st XI Grand Finals are played at neutral venues.
Where the hell have you been for the last half a dozen years ?

lifemember;391701 said:
I would think you would find that 1st X1 Grand Finals have been played at neutral venues for quite a few years. Both sides are playing at the same venue, whats your problem. Isn't one of your favorite sons in Wes Vaughan on the Exec, or still has some influence.

Ifya Adballs;391711 said:
It has been a long established and accepted principle that 1st XI Grand Finals are played at neutral venues.

I accept that Ifya, but when both Clubs agree, what;s the problem. And why then can't the 2nd XI final be played at one of the other venues in Beauie or Bentleigh - far better grounds than South Cauflieds second oval (whom also don't even have change rooms!!).

Last years South 2nds final was played at Cheltenham (home team).

Ifya Adballs;391711 said:

Understand the neutral ground principle, but why on earth would you need to follow this when an OPPOSING captain agrees to concede any home advantage the other side may have by playing on their ground... Bloody ridiculous in my book.

Not sure if its because other clubs are unable/unwillingly to, but Sth Caulfield seems to have a monopoly on hosting GF's. Do they need the bar sales that badly?... Clearly not the best ground to be hosting this GF, given the alternatives

Southern Son;391736 said:
Understand the neutral ground principle, but why on earth would you need to follow this when an OPPOSING captain agrees to concede any home advantage the other side may have by playing on their ground... Bloody ridiculous in my book.

Not sure if its because other clubs are unable/unwillingly to, but Sth Caulfield seems to have a monopoly on hosting GF's. Do they need the bar sales that badly?... Clearly not the best ground to be hosting this GF, given the alternatives

Here Here SS!! i understand the VT like to use a neutral ground, but as you say, when the opposing captains agrees, what's the problem?

My earlier post (all be it bashed by Iffya) was not due to my head being up my clacker and not knowing the rules, rather it was a dig at the VT not listening to the Clubs who are actually playing the game. Bentleighs ground is far better than Sths and even if the 1st XI have to play at a neutral venue, why then do the 2nd XI have to play at Sth - especially on that shocking thing they call a second ground? History shows that the 2nd XI final needs not to be on a neutral ground.

I'll tell you why Sth Caulfield are getting both finals, it's because a certain VT Exec Member has ties with the Club and wants the extra revenue for his Club because all their cricket has finished. Hey don't get me wrong, I think the Sth guys are great, but this should be about the Clubs involved and the game itself. The wicket at Bentleigh has been getting strong wraps (my mail is a 10 from the MHSOB captain even with last weeks rain) and surely a former state player in Ian Hewitt, should hold some credibility when he asks to play at Bentleigh - but then he is only a player and not on the exec.

If he didn't ask to play there, then a neutral venue it should be - accepted, but the fact is two former state players (who know a thing or two about wickets and grounds) have both approached the VT and asked to play at Bentleigh.

lifemember;391742 said:
Here Here SS!! i understand the VT like to use a neutral ground, but as you say, when the opposing captains agrees, what's the problem?

My earlier post (all be it bashed by Iffya) was not due to my head being up my clacker and not knowing the rules, rather it was a dig at the VT not listening to the Clubs who are actually playing the game. Bentleighs ground is far better than Sths and even if the 1st XI have to play at a neutral venue, why then do the 2nd XI have to play at Sth - especially on that shocking thing they call a second ground? History shows that the 2nd XI final needs not to be on a neutral ground.

I'll tell you why Sth Caulfield are getting both finals, it's because a certain VT Exec Member has ties with the Club and wants the extra revenue for his Club because all their cricket has finished. Hey don't get me wrong, I think the Sth guys are great, but this should be about the Clubs involved and the game itself. The wicket at Bentleigh has been getting strong wraps (my mail is a 10 from the MHSOB captain even with last weeks rain) and surely a former state player in Ian Hewitt, should hold some credibility when he asks to play at Bentleigh - but then he is only a player and not on the exec.

If he didn't ask to play there, then a neutral venue it should be - accepted, but the fact is two former state players (who know a thing or two about wickets and grounds) have both approached the VT and asked to play at Bentleigh.
I would think the VT would have loved to have used Yarraville, but can't because of the neutral venue rule. I believe it is a fair rule and has been used for quite a few years.
Bentleighs ground is better than Souths, infact it is better than most grounds in the State.
Would love to know where all of the finals are being played, lifemember has Beaumaris been told this is where your playing.

Southern Son;391739 said:
By the way, any chance the venues might be posted on My Cricket before Saturday?

On the VT site now SS.

Looks like the VT have made up their minds and Bentleigh V Beauie 1's and 2's will be played at Sth (obvioulsy being on the Exec has got its perks)!

Apparantly my mail is that the VT told Council last week that Bentleighs ground would not be required - even though games had not been decided. Looks as though the VT had made up their own mind despite the Clubs wanting different. I thought this was the Clubs competition - not the Execs!

Went out and looked at Sths second oval - very patchy to say the least. Took some photos and happy to post them - just to show all what condition the ground is in. My mail is that both Beuie and Bentleigh as late as today again asked the VT to move the game from such a poor ground - not gonna happen!

Looking at the 2's finals fixture across the grades, both the Senior Seconds and North Seconds are being played at home grounds where a Club has made the final - and not always the Club that finished top. Apparently those members on the VT Exec affiliated with clubs over there are more concerned with where the best ground to play the game is - not how much their own clubs can get out of the finals when they are not in them.

lifemember;391815 said:
On the VT site now SS.

Looks like the VT have made up their minds and Bentleigh V Beauie 1's and 2's will be played at Sth (obvioulsy being on the Exec has got its perks)!

Apparantly my mail is that the VT told Council last week that Bentleighs ground would not be required - even though games had not been decided. Looks as though the VT had made up their own mind despite the Clubs wanting different. I thought this was the Clubs competition - not the Execs!

Went out and looked at Sths second oval - very patchy to say the least. Took some photos and happy to post them - just to show all what condition the ground is in. My mail is that both Beuie and Bentleigh as late as today again asked the VT to move the game from such a poor ground - not gonna happen!

Looking at the 2's finals fixture across the grades, both the Senior Seconds and North Seconds are being played at home grounds where a Club has made the final - and not always the Club that finished top. Apparently those members on the VT Exec affiliated with clubs over there are more concerned with where the best ground to play the game is - not how much their own clubs can get out of the finals when they are not in them.
would love to see the pics, upload away!!

No suprises with the venue for the final of the 1st seems to be the 1st option they look at every year.If they are playing the 2nds game on the ground next door just because it involves the same clubs as the 1st X1 final then that is just to line the pockets.Give the players a fair go and let them play on a high standard ground where you don't have to leave your bags at the side of the ground!
As my season is over i await the fixtures for next year to be announced friday before the 1st game!:eek:

This seems amazing.

Maybe cop the neutral 1st XI grand final business, even though both teams agreed they wanted to play at Bentleigh, but to have the 2nds at South Caulfields B ground, and not even use Bentleigh, is remarkable.

Oh well, maybe the Bentleigh and Beauy fans should bring their own beer in protest. :cool:

Northern $uper$tars;391822 said:
This seems amazing.

Maybe cop the neutral 1st XI grand final business, even though both teams agreed they wanted to play at Bentleigh, but to have the 2nds at South Caulfields B ground, and not even use Bentleigh, is remarkable.

Oh well, maybe the Bentleigh and Beauy fans should bring their own beer in protest. :cool:

Spot on Northern. They teams may even have to bring their own umbrellas to change and store their kit under.

Back