South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

just goes to show that the captains report at the end of the match does sfa! Both bentleigh and beauys grounds/wicket would have been getting good marks which has all accounted to nothing, as neither are now being used for finals

!My frustration with the VTCA grows with so many 'grey' areas.Where is a final played....how many teams go up/down.....structures of fixtures etc, points for players.These are all difficult jobs to do but not impossible. Start of the season clubs nominate their grounds....reasons etc why they should hold it. By mid season elect a ground and a reserve ground (incase its not neutral).Heypresto its locked in keeps people in the know.
Clubs are recruiting players now.....what happens if a club signs players based on the old points only to be told they are now over.

superfreak;391964 said:
Hampton were going to host the game but they felt that their ground was unfit for a Grand Final so the game was moved to Cheltenham.

I agree about the Sth 2nd farce though. Has to be at either Bentleigh or Beaumaris.

Completely and utterly untrue.... No-one from Hampton made any contact with the VTCA and likewise no-one from the VTCA made any contact/enquiry with Hampton about ground availability.... Hampton's curator was in the process of preparing a wicket before he got word it was at Cheltenham.

underarm bowler;392009 said:
I believe Sledges loyalty is with South Caufield as opposed to the VTCA.
i hear from a source that the head shooters at the VTCA are not happy with some of the posts on here.This forum is good as gives everyday players a chance to get their thoughts heard.....so seems they are reading this even if they are not listening!My frustration with the VTCA grows with so many 'grey' areas.Where is a final played....how many teams go up/down.....structures of fixtures etc, points for players.These are all difficult jobs to do but not impossible. Start of the season clubs nominate their grounds....reasons etc why they should hold it. By mid season elect a ground and a reserve ground (incase its not neutral).Heypresto its locked in keeps people in the know.
Clubs are recruiting players now.....what happens if a club signs players based on the old points only to be told they are now over.

Underarm - the VTCA have been very good with communicating these things. Speak to your delegate for this info, it gets relayed to them at match committee meetings.

The grand final allocations is a bit of a grey area though.

Southern Son;392011 said:
Underarm - the VTCA have been very good with communicating these things. Speak to your delegate for this info, it gets relayed to them at match committee meetings.

The grand final allocations is a bit of a grey area though.

The only thing grey is the connection between the SCCC Delegate being on the VTCA Exec and he gets what he wants without thinking of the players. Only thinking of his clubs benefits......

southern sun what happened to the new thread you started about our names being given to the VTCA?

Apparently Bentleigh also have to provide their own covers for the 2's as South Caulfield only have the one set - some great planning there by the VT decision makers. Hope they don't get damaged by the dogs that run all over that ground. Would hate for South (or worse the VT) to have to pay for any damage.

Southern Son;392010 said:
Completely and utterly untrue.... No-one from Hampton made any contact with the VTCA and likewise no-one from the VTCA made any contact/enquiry with Hampton about ground availability.... Hampton's curator was in the process of preparing a wicket before he got word it was at Cheltenham.

Sorry SS, that is just what we were told when we asked as to why it was at Chelt and not Hampton.

If that is true it is very strange indeed!

And apparently tea can't be taken at the same time as there isn't enough space in the rooms for the 4 teams to be in there at the same time.

As each fact comes to light, the decision seems more and more ridiculous.

Beaumaris has to supply the scoreboard, Bentleigh the covers. What's the point of "hosting" a grand final if you are unable to supply these sorts of things.

Which club has to bring the stumps and bails? ;)

Anyway, it's the Thursday before the Grand Final, anyone got a tip.

I'll go with Beaumaris in the ones, and Bentleigh to win the Seconds.

Apparently tea can't be taken at the same time as there isn't enough space in the rooms for the 4 teams to be in there at the same time.

Beaumaris has to supply the scoreboard, Bentleigh the covers. What's the point of "hosting" a Grand Final if you can't supply these things.

I wonder which team has to bring the stumps and bails? ;)

Anyway, it's the Thursday before the GF, anyone got a tip?

I'll go with Beaumaris in the Ones and Bentleigh in the twos.

Northern $uper$tars;392043 said:
And apparently tea can't be taken at the same time as there isn't enough space in the rooms for the 4 teams to be in there at the same time.

Beaumaris has to supply the scoreboard, Bentleigh the covers. What's the point of "hosting" a grand final if you are unable to supply these sorts of things.

Which club has to bring the stumps and bails? ;)

Anyway, it's the Thursday before the Grand Final, anyone got a tip.

I'll go with Beaumaris in the ones, and Bentleigh to win the Seconds.
Tea will be taken at the same time in the new Pavilion and both clubs also agreed to bring a Scoreboard so scores can be seen on both sides of the ground.
I will tip Bentleigh in the ones and Beaumaris in the Two's

southern sledge;392073 said:
I will tip Bentleigh in the ones and Beaumaris in the Two's

Bentleigh in the 1's for me - a better well rounded attack and Beauie in the 2's - by far the best side

southern sledge;392073 said:
Tea will be taken at the same time in the new Pavilion

If this is the case, I stand to be corrected. Thanks SS.

I still think Bentleighs top order is a bit brittle. Street and McInnes make up a potent opening attack with the ball, but Hewitt could expose Bentleighs batting.

Should be a great game though. Wouldn't be an upset if either team won.

Both teams are going to put their hopes in their 2 star players...my tip is a Street v Hewitt shootout with Beauie doing the double.As proven in the past it may be whichever teams lesser known players step up that can be the difference though.

in the early stages of the year this was my prediction

"If i had to pick a winner at this early stage it would be bentleigh streets ahead"

Not so sure bentleigh will do it that easy, however they should have enough class with the bat and ball to get the job done.

However, with players like hewett, cockbain, hignett and the old war horse harrison you never know.

Will head down to caulfield to what should b a fantastic game

sh sh shot;392581 said:
in the early stages of the year this was my prediction

"If i had to pick a winner at this early stage it would be bentleigh streets ahead"

Not so sure bentleigh will do it that easy, however they should have enough class with the bat and ball to get the job done.

However, with players like hewett, cockbain, hignett and the old war horse harrison you never know.

Will head down to caulfield to what should b a fantastic game

Well done Minister you absolute genius....

Do Bentleigh have enough? I Predict yes...Adrian McInness is an absolute champion, so underrated.....I predict McInness will get Hewitt and thus Game Over...

Great games of Beay v Bentleigh but pitty only one umpire knows what is happening. I know that the game cannot operate without the umpires and for the most part they do a really god job but it's really disappointing that they can have a huge effect on the game when they don't need to.

lifemember;391943 said:
no worries Mas - here you go. Let me know if this is not a fair representation of the ground - it shows most of the ground

ImageShack Album - 9 images

OMG - no one told me that ACDC was playing at Princess Park...geepuzz...!!! What disgrace that is...clearly working of the Etihad theory, if they can play footy on something that looks like that then it is good for a Sth GF...
Nice VTCA - using logic again...

Back