South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

underarm bowler;392009 said:
!My frustration with the VTCA grows with so many 'grey' areas.Where is a final played....how many teams go up/down.....structures of fixtures etc, points for players.These are all difficult jobs to do but not impossible. Start of the season clubs nominate their grounds....reasons etc why they should hold it. By mid season elect a ground and a reserve ground (incase its not neutral).Heypresto its locked in keeps people in the know.
Clubs are recruiting players now.....what happens if a club signs players based on the old points only to be told they are now over.

Free speech alive and well!! Not sure if it states in the fine print about Clubs being sanctioned if comments against the VTCA regime is traced back to members of clubs...Slater and Gordon will be called if that happens - they win Everthing!!!

lifemember;392812 said:
Great games of Beay v Bentleigh but pitty only one umpire knows what is happening. I know that the game cannot operate without the umpires and for the most part they do a really god job but it's really disappointing that they can have a huge effect on the game when they don't need to.

This statement is meaningless without some explanation of WTF you're talking about.

southern sledge;392686 said:
The outfield is slow, so 200 might be enough. Does like an appeal Mr. Hewitt.

Good call this. 160 proved to be a reasonable total, so far. South Caulfield provides a little bit of everything. No. 1 ground is a cow paddock and No.2 is a beach. For those who don't know, in the ones, Bentleigh made 160 and dismissed Beaumaris for 127 in the penultimate over of the day. That's a total of 287 runs from 160 overs.

In the twos, Bentleigh made 95 and dismissed Beaumaris for 96. In their second innings, Bentleigh were 7/185. Both games are still replete with interest.

underarm bowler;392408 said:
Both teams are going to put their hopes in their 2 star players...my tip is a Street v Hewitt shootout with Beauie doing the double.As proven in the past it may be whichever teams lesser known players step up that can be the difference though.

How good a call is this one.

Street and McInnes not one wicket between them, but leggie Chris Hill grabbing a '5 for' and Ben Russell snaring 3 as Bentleigh take a handy 33 run lead on the first innings.

But with 2 full days to go [weather permitting] this game is still up for grabs.

Northern $uper$tars;392872 said:
How good a call is this one.

Street and McInnes not one wicket between them, but leggie Chris Hill grabbing a '5 for' and Ben Russell snaring 3 as Bentleigh take a handy 33 run lead on the first innings.

But with 2 full days to go [weather permitting] this game is still up for grabs.

Russell not only got 3, but he got Hewitt with a pearler. Street And Mcinnes very quiet, Roach scored under 20, BCC big names didn't provide much and they still won first innings..... Just wait until they are all firing. Special note to Clarke's runout that sealed first innings for BCC.

Qball;392821 said:
OMG - no one told me that ACDC was playing at Princess Park...geepuzz...!!! What disgrace that is...clearly working of the Etihad theory, if they can play footy on something that looks like that then it is good for a Sth GF...
Nice VTCA - using logic again...

nice comment qball, it seems you may know abit about the Etihad theory, please share with us!! Btw the ACDC concerts rocked!!

parkcricket;392986 said:
nice comment qball, it seems you may know abit about the Etihad theory, please share with us!! Btw the ACDC concerts rocked!!
Yes acca dacca did rock, but i would have thought Qball might know more about the Dendy Park surface, more dogs per `square meter than anywhere in the free world.

southern sledge;393010 said:
Yes acca dacca did rock, but i would have thought Qball might know more about the Dendy Park surface, more dogs per `square meter than anywhere in the free world.

i know a bit about Eithad... but Sledge are you calling me a dog? or suggesting i enjoy the surrounds of Dendy Park? choose wisley...

Who's Wisley, no i meant the amount of damage done by dogs on some of our cricket grounds like Dendy Park and Princess Park. it is time for sports clubs to fight back, people are now taking their dogs to sportsgrounds as their way of meeting people, talk and don't watch the damage they are doing to the`surface, let alone don't pick up the poo.

southern sledge;393032 said:
Who's Wisley, no i meant the amount of damage done by dogs on some of our cricket grounds like Dendy Park and Princess Park. it is time for sports clubs to fight back, people are now taking their dogs to sportsgrounds as their way of meeting people, talk and don't watch the damage they are doing to the`surface, let alone don't pick up the poo.

True... reminds me of a day at Sedden about 4-5 years ago a very small ground... our mid off turn to case a ball hit over mid off and ran straight into an Asian bloke standing there with his dog, he had no idea that he was on the ground during a match and couldn't work out why 22 ppl were yelling at him!!

Dendy Park has some 160 games of soccer and school sports on it - hence the wicket there is ordinary, but they have the bloke from Brighton Grammar doing it - true?

ok all - last tips for the season. Bentleigh for me in both South & South 2nds. A long way to go in both games, but just think they have the slight edge at this stage.

Anyone else?

Bentleigh should win comfortably after their good start. Mind you, it's a shame the pitch isn't more batsman friendly for a final.

I've mentioned it before and it's showing to be true again. A one man team always falls over in the finals. With all due respect to cockbain and maybe a couple of others - hewitt has carried that side on the back of an outstanding solo season but the pressure is just too much for a guy like that in a final and it just becomes too hard to pull together the match winning performance required. It was the same with daykin last year and too many times prior to that.

Of course he could prove me wrong with five wickets and and ton in the second innings and I hope he does!

Well done to bentleigh though should be very competitive in senior division next year provided they retain and recruit maybe another batsman.

Bentleigh should win comfortably after their good start. Mind you, it's a shame the pitch isn't more batsman friendly for a final.

I've mentioned it before and it's showing to be true again. A one man team always falls over in the finals. With all due respect to cockbain and maybe a couple of others - hewitt has carried that side on the back of an outstanding solo season but the pressure is just too much for a guy like that in a final and it just becomes too hard to pull together the match winning performance required. It was the same with daykin last year and too many times prior to that.

Of course he could prove me wrong with five wickets and and ton in the second innings and I hope he does!

Well done to bentleigh though should be very competitive in senior division next year provided they retain and keep on improving.

It's still really anyone game.

Bentleigh are virtually 0-33 with two days to play.

The thing in their favour is with a first innings "win", a draw from here on in is sufficent. Not sure what the weather forecast is for the weekend.

Beaumaris would still rate themselves a chance, if they could knock Bentleigh off for even 150 odd, a 180 run chase is not out of the question.

As for the Seconds, Bentleigh looks to be going alright there as well. A lead of 180 with 3 wickets in hand. I doubt Beauys first innings "win" will come into to play with 2 days to go and only a maximum of 13 wickets to fall. We'll have a result in this match, possibly by Saturday evening.

Still sticking with a Beauie double. Weather meant to be ok i think...chance of a shower mid 20's. As bowler if the outfield was long i wouldn't mind it at all.

Cash Man;393577 said:

Well done to bentleigh though should be very competitive in senior division next year provided they retain and keep on improving.

With the lack of rain and regular roads being produced for the last few seasons, I reckon the batsmen have had it too good for too long. Don't mind seeing something for the bowlers, plus a final should be a greater test of skill

Just had a look on results vault and seems like Bentleigh are in the box seat. Couldn't help notice the run rate for all 3 innings so far is well below 2 an over.Can't say i have had chance to make it to any of the play but would seem either the pitch and ground are slow or theres some great bowling. In season ending showpiece i hope its the bowling!

Back