South Division 2011/12

The Tang were always going to struggle in South as have the other promoted teams except for Parkdale. Parkdale are a decent team but still think Port has got them covered.Moorabbin Park might have been a better option to come up than the Tang, Murrumbeena or Hampton. Good effort by Parky to make 244 with a few "superstars" absent. Still might not be enough though with a weakened bowling line up. Think the 4 will be Port, Mentone, Parkdale, Chelsea, bottom 2 for relegation could be Hampton and Bon Beach last years grand finalist, although if either of those teams beat the Beena then could be Murrumbeena. They literally have one decent player.

Agree with what you're saying, though am surprised at Hampton's early form, I thought they'd be playing hard-nosed cricket. Bonbeach may take a match or two to start moving but have a good structure from what I've seen and should lift as a team moving forward, and no mention of Old Mentonians? Was last season's Grand Final a result of the weather??

Not sure how Hampton won last years South A flag, they really dont have much at all. BonBeach are solid enough but wont beat many teams. Old Mentonians will be thereabouts. Mentone will be good, is the Wintle that is playing for them the sme Wintle that played at St John St Bedes a few years ago. Batsman should be making plenty in the South, hardly anyone above medium pace in the whole comp (except) for Parky and not even many blokes that swing it

Not sure how Hampton won last years South A flag, they really dont have much at all. BonBeach are solid enough but wont beat many teams. Old Mentonians will be thereabouts. Mentone will be good, is the Wintle that is playing for them the sme Wintle that played at St John St Bedes a few years ago. Batsman should be making plenty in the South, hardly anyone above medium pace in the whole comp (except) for Parky and not even many blokes that swing it

Yeah I believe Luke may have played with the Saints at some stage before concentrating on footy, and I agree- alot of mediums. Hampton winning the flag, well they did and you can't take it off 'em, they had a young bloke bowling wheels who's off to Premier this season but about the same side- bit of a shock to see them rolled on the weekend though.

more moaning! the pitch is a road though so its worth the walk. we just haven't batted to its potential. I'll go as far as saying we still wont get relegated this season...
Havent batted to potential.................what potential, you might beat Hampton and Beena but not beating anyone else so not sure how you think you are avoiding relegation.

I dare say 'Home Tree Changing Room' is someone actually from Tangy. No one from Tangy would admit that there pitch is a road. I think someone's just having a laugh and trying to stir up some trouble.
I think Tangy have done well to be in the position they are in. Narrowly avoiding relegation in 2009/10 in South A, to just losing in the South A Grandfinal last season without really recruiting any players. Playing in South Division was always going to be a jump for them and they've recruited 2 Poms, but lost some experienced players as well. I think talking finals or relegation this early in the season is looking a bit to much in the future.

Lets be honest Bonbeach is an awfull place. Its in the middle of a field with no changing rooms. Average blokes and are certain to go down.

They should start there own league with Brighton District and play each other home and away each week

Lets be honest Bonbeach is an awfull place. Its in the middle of a field with no changing rooms. Average blokes and are certain to go down.

They should start there own league with Brighton District and play each other home and away each week
Dont think they are bad blokes just an ordinary team. Mind you they are very even and that showed last year when they beat Murrumbeena in a semi who paid a fortune for two gun players and still couldnt make a grand final.

I agree Binga- one thing writting them off as cricketers, but i think labelling the whole team as average blokes is a bit stiff. Given that they don't have the best facilities in the world and that Corey Martin (Not sure if he's still affiliated with them) is probably the biggest flog i've ever encountered in cricket.

I agree Binga- one thing writting them off as cricketers, but i think labelling the whole team as average blokes is a bit stiff. Given that they don't have the best facilities in the world and that Corey Martin (Not sure if he's still affiliated with them) is probably the biggest flog i've ever encountered in cricket.
Not sure who Corey Martin is but he must be an ordinary bloke. At the end of the day every team has a couple of blokes that the opposition hates, is just a part of cricket, some teams have more than others

Interesting opinions and views this week boys. I don't think this division is as lop sided as people are saying. I'd say Old Ment would be laughing at sneaking under the radar so far as would Port. I think from what i have noticed so far is that a few teams have some stand out players and when they perform....they win well, but if they don't they are brought back to the pack. Other teams such as Hampton and Tangy are based more around team effort when this fails they are a long way off (the case so far).... and when this clicks they will be back in the pack.

Interesting opinions and views this week boys. I don't think this division is as lop sided as people are saying. I'd say Old Ment would be laughing at sneaking under the radar so far as would Port. I think from what i have noticed so far is that a few teams have some stand out players and when they perform....they win well, but if they don't they are brought back to the pack. Other teams such as Hampton and Tangy are based more around team effort when this fails they are a long way off (the case so far).... and when this clicks they will be back in the pack.

This is precisely what this league is! couldn't be more right. A couple of guns in each side and if they don't fire then every batting line up is vulnerable! It's an open league this year and anyone could make the last 4.

When's redefine going to do his usual... so guys who's going to win this round? ...

UB And the fella up a tree are on the money, which makes every round a great battle! Enjoying this season a helluva lot gotta say! Looking at McKinnon in the T20 the other night highlighted the level of fielding/fitness and therefore the level of cricket played in Senior over South, which is a good wake up for the Parkdale Planktons.
Looks like Port have the bickies, Mentone and Chelsea seem well set, Old Mentinians similar and the Planktons look in a good position with a heavy wet outfield tomorrow defending 244. ************ the rain!!!

Hometrees a flog, i can't believe you've devoted a whole page to the tang... they're a basketcase and have made a career out of losing grannys.. Time to switch to the rumour mill..... The one decent player hampton have "Hawley" is apparently in love and over cricket, Nick Youngs is eyeing a return to the tone after a 20-20 game recently, Chelsea are eyeing a name change to Chelsea-Tangy on the back of their recent acquisitions and Dayks has quoted he'll top his best season now that he's found form

In my experience, the type of person that is willing to take the time to write a post that a whole team/club are "average blokes" are the same type of person that (win, lose or draw) has never bothered to have a beer with the opposition after the game. Ironically, in spite of the post, it is these type of people that are much more likely to be "average blokes"!

Back