South Division 2011/12

Could you tell me who bowls quicker than D. Petley in the whole competition?
I'm tipping some bloke looking for his wallet, might back himself redefine? He seems fairly adamant that Pipe bowls medium and abit concerned that our attack is a bit thin for Senior. Lucky we're not playing Senior isn't it?

Redfine your loyalty is admirable but there would be at least 10 blokes sharper than Petley across the whole comp, he's had a great start to the year but he has not suddenly become Dale Steyn. He is sharp not quick.

I havent seen this bloke bowl, so I can't comment on if he is indeed the new Dale Steyn, but I'd like to know how you Parkdale guys suddenly think you're a Senior Division side when you
A) havent ever been above South Division, and
B) Havent won a Ones final in the past few years

Its been a great start to the year, but they dont hand out premierships in November, or your clubrooms would be a lot fuller than they are. And they have beaten two teams from South A last season,a nd Chelsea, who many thought were folding at the start of the year. Yes you are probably flag favourites, but wait until you beat Port Melbourne & Old Mentonians before crowing so loudly about being a Senior Division club.

FWIW, a couple of fast bowlers in Senior, not neccesarily out and out lightning, but guys with wickets on the board at that level - Bronca, Daisy (when on song), his mate Nigel, Chris Street & Adrian McIness, Jeremy Brown from Greenvale, Nicky Caunce from Sth Caulfield, Dickinson & Robertson from Spotty, and Adam Contessa for sheer consistency. Im sure Sledge or any others could add a few more.

I havent seen this bloke bowl, so I can't comment on if he is indeed the new Dale Steyn, but I'd like to know how you Parkdale guys suddenly think you're a Senior Division side when you

Its been a great start to the year, but they dont hand out premierships in November, or your clubrooms would be a lot fuller than they are. And they have beaten two teams from South A last season,a nd Chelsea, who many thought were folding at the start of the year. Yes you are probably flag favourites, but wait until you beat Port Melbourne & Old Mentonians before crowing so loudly about being a Senior Division club.

FWIW, a couple of fast bowlers in Senior, not neccesarily out and out lightning, but guys with wickets on the board at that level - Bronca, Daisy (when on song), his mate Nigel, Chris Street & Adrian McIness, Jeremy Brown from Greenvale, Nicky Caunce from Sth Caulfield, Dickinson & Robertson from Spotty, and Adam Contessa for sheer consistency. Im sure Sledge or any others could add a few more.

Settle down mate, one bloke from Parkdale offered his opinion, I'm just happy we're finally playing above South A1 and making a fist of things, so I'll tip my hat to your greater knowledge of the competition. As you stated we've got to play some fairly decent clubs before we even look at next season let alone higher grades.
From what I've seen competition wide, which is admittedly fairly restricted to the South and a few years running around in the old Senior A comp, there isn't the spread of fast bowlers there once was. Blokes who could and would hurt you for playing a front foot drive don't seem to bother playing local cricket anymore. Flav at Dingley, McGuiness at Mordialloc, there was a quick at Seddon from the West Indies a few years back that gave me sleepless nights, don't seem to be as many as there once was. Do you agree?

Settle down mate, one bloke from Parkdale offered his opinion, I'm just happy we're finally playing above South A1 and making a fist of things, so I'll tip my hat to your greater knowledge of the competition. As you stated we've got to play some fairly decent clubs before we even look at next season let alone higher grades.
From what I've seen competition wide, which is admittedly fairly restricted to the South and a few years running around in the old Senior A comp, there isn't the spread of fast bowlers there once was. Blokes who could and would hurt you for playing a front foot drive don't seem to bother playing local cricket anymore. Flav at Dingley, McGuiness at Mordialloc, there was a quick at Seddon from the West Indies a few years back that gave me sleepless nights, don't seem to be as many as there once was. Do you agree?

Very much agree, I had to rack my brain to think of many 'quick' bowlers. They comp seems to have enormous batting depth but bowling wise is falling away. Last genuine quick that had the comp talking was Billy Rudge at the Beena, and White at McKinnon.

Very much agree, I had to rack my brain to think of many 'quick' bowlers. They comp seems to have enormous batting depth but bowling wise is falling away. Last genuine quick that had the comp talking was Billy Rudge at the Beena, and White at McKinnon.

Yeah Rudgey was quick, didn't have the chance against White, some other blokes who might not have been out and out quick, but I class as nasty simply for lift off a length, were Effie & McKinley at Moorabbin Park, Massie from Beaumaris was a right b@stard cos he was always cranky and hated batsmen, there was a huge bloke from Brighton East called Oorloff, but I think he just scared me sh!tless cos I was 14 and he was 8 foot tall.
As for Parkdale, you're right we haven't played above South A before but don't go ragging the bowlers for not winning more premierships. Seeary and Atkins have played the grade and been succesful and came straight back more or less and have busted their nuts off for the clubs' sake. And as for Young not taking bags, well get in line!

Away from delusions of granduer (Redefine) and the household names of VTCA Senior, who do we reckon will win the upcoming South matches?
Bonbeach Tangy Vs Mentone
Chelsea Vs Murrumbeena
Brighton District Vs Old Mentonians
Port Melbourne Vs Hampton
Parkdale Vs Cheltenham

Away from delusions of granduer (Redefine) and the household names of VTCA Senior, who do we reckon will win the upcoming South matches?
Chelsea Vs Murrumbeena
Parkdale Vs Hampton

Just quietly I got all 5 right last week! I'm just driving to work now so will do my tips at work as I'm sure I'll be doing as little as possible while I'm there!!

Mentone should win this tangy still seem to struggle with the bat...

Chelsea Vs Murrumbeena
Chelsea have tiny covers and if this rain stays around they might not get on! Tipping a one dayer and chelsea to smash beenas bowlers around the park... Beenas bowling is a bit thin and very reliant on lamb to score runs.

Old mentonians...
Port should get back on track in this game, too much fire power for Hampton who are very reliant on there 2 poms

Parkdale Vs Cheltenham
Don't think this will be as clear cut as it looks on paper, Chelt have been batting alright. Still tipping parky and Dougherty to take a bag!

Parkdale Vs Cheltenham
Don't think this will be as clear cut as it looks on paper, Chelt have been batting alright. Still tipping parky and Dougherty to take a bag![/quote]

You should be right, with the best bowling attack in the VTCA though, surely?

Parkdale Vs Cheltenham
Don't think this will be as clear cut as it looks on paper, Chelt have been batting alright. Still tipping parky and Dougherty to take a bag!

You should be right, with the best bowling attack in the VTCA though, surely?[/quote]

Yeah your right but im still sticking with what I'm saying... We haven't played Chelt for 3 or 4 years so they are a bit of an unknown to us

Not sure what your talking about.... :) The result will take care of itself you can mill over it once scores are posted on the vtca website.

Sorry I missed this MSG, I didn't say we were a senior division side at all I just stated our bowling line up would be equal to any in senior... No matter stirred things up a little and your right we still need to win finals games, bring it on!!

Sorry I missed this MSG, I didn't say we were a senior division side at all I just stated our bowling line up would be equal to any in senior... No matter stirred things up a little and your right we still need to win finals games, bring it on!!

"Have you seen a parkdale game yet there bowling line up would be as good if not better than any in senior division"

Better than any in Senior Div was what got my attention. Anyway point taken, time to get on to some cricket this weekend.

"Have you seen a parkdale game yet there bowling line up would be as good if not better than any in senior division"

Better than any in Senior Div was what got my attention. Anyway point taken, time to get on to some cricket this weekend.
Think Mentone will smash the tang, Mentone might be allright
Chelsea to make plenty against a ordinary Murrumbeena attack.
Old mentonians to beat Brighton, Old Mentonians are coming good
Port to smash Hampton, Daykin to ton up
Cheltemham to beat Parkdales seconds ( Who gets married in cricket season)

Back