South Division 2011/12

Hometrees a flog, i can't believe you've devoted a whole page to the tang... they're a basketcase and have made a career out of losing grannys.. Time to switch to the rumour mill..... The one decent player hampton have "Hawley" is apparently in love and over cricket, Nick Youngs is eyeing a return to the tone after a 20-20 game recently, Chelsea are eyeing a name change to Chelsea-Tangy on the back of their recent acquisitions and Dayks has quoted he'll top his best season now that he's found form

Welcome SS and you will be a welcome addition to this forum, I like your thoughts and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Could you confirm a rumour that Parkdale's "better than senior division" attack may potentially lose their first change bowler A Young to Australian test duties this summer?

I just wanted to offer my congrantulations to the decison makers at the VTCA for making everyone turn up to the grounds on Saturday. Given maybe a handful of games got going across all grades it was definetley a worthwhile exercise. May i suggest those in power get some weatherzone apps so they can see what rain is coming and perhaps take a walk across their back garden or local cricket field to see how much rain has happened before making hundreds of blokes waste their time . Ridicoulous call

Have to agree BingLee that saturday was a waste of time (although got me out of the house for an hour). I think the VTCA are trying to make up for last year when they called games off too early only for Saturday to be sunny and fine in the arvo. My theory is that its to keep the umpires happy so they at least get some money. He got my money on saturday and all i got for it was wet feet and the chance to pull the covers on and off.

have to disagree guys - after 2 hours of hard work, we got our ground playable..... it then poured again and we only got 8 overs in, but the later rain was barely on the radar (when we started play we thought we'd get hours in, not 45 minutes)... would rather err on the side of trying to get a game going - cant help it if it rains again and certainly cant call it off because forecast says it will rain later.....

saturday was just unlucky, but we know in october we've booked out our saturdays for next 6 months - im happy to report to grounds 99% of weeks and hope we get on.

The VTCA are fighting a losing battle here. If they had of called off all cricket Saturday, the teams involved in the games that could have been played/the games that were very close to getting a result on the second day would be angered. And now they've called report to grounds where the majority of games would have been a slim chance at playing and they're getting critised. Easiest solution is to report to grounds- Unless the high majority of clubs notify the VTCA that their wicket will be unplayable.

The VTCA are fighting a losing battle here. If they had of called off all cricket Saturday, the teams involved in the games that could have been played/the games that were very close to getting a result on the second day would be angered. And now they've called report to grounds where the majority of games would have been a slim chance at playing and they're getting critised. Easiest solution is to report to grounds- Unless the high majority of clubs notify the VTCA that their wicket will be unplayable.
Surely when only a few games out of a whole competion get on it is the wrong call. Everyone hopes to play and would rather the VTCA erred on the side of caution and this would be the case if half the games played. But when only a few get on then it is a shocking decision particuarly when it was pouring with rain when the announcement happended at 10.15. Anyway it was a blunder by the VTCA, umpires got paid so they are happy otherwise it was a massive waste of a day

Very sensible post YB. Anyhow it should be good for revenue if the players turn up and down a few frothies.

Surely when only a few games out of a whole competion get on it is the wrong call. Everyone hopes to play and would rather the VTCA erred on the side of caution and this would be the case if half the games played. But when only a few get on then it is a shocking decision particuarly when it was pouring with rain when the announcement happended at 10.15. Anyway it was a blunder by the VTCA, umpires got paid so they are happy otherwise it was a massive waste of a day

All Premier was report to grounds, all Subbies was report to grounds, all Eastern was report to grounds, all Dandenong was report to grounds, and the VTCA was report to grounds - It's a bloody conspiracy

Fair call that we bitch and moan and the VTCA can't win either way. Im just happy we were at home, wouldn't like to be someone like Mckinnon and have a nice trip to Hoppers on a day like that.

on a completely unrelated topic pink balls have been replaced this season- at your club's discretion- with pink stumps.
So to join in you can paint your poles pink!

Here we go again , rain at times Saturday after light rain Friday. What should they do call it off Friday night , so Port don't have to go to their ground.

Here we go again , rain at times Saturday after light rain Friday. What should they do call it off Friday night , so Port don't have to go to their ground.

The weather forecasts are so screwed YESTERDAY on weatherzone it was sunny thursday friday and saturday now its raining friday and saturday...

All week they were saying fine on the weekend
Is more rain scheduled than there was last weekend, which no doubt means "report to grounds". Not many grounds in the South that can cope with much rain at all. They always seem to get on at Murrumbeena but the other grounds always seem to be washed off.
Any thoughts on the unlikely chance we get on this week on who will win, seems like last years big guns are all styarting to fire.

I'll do some tips in an hour or so when work quietens down a bit...
No worries ill have a crack at it.

Mentone to thrash the beena, Mentone have a decent side and Beena have just one player.Mentone could make plenty.
Chelt to upset Old Mentonians, Cheltenham always play better at home.
Brighton District to score at more than a run an over and find some form to beat a dissapointing Hampton
Port to beat Chelsea, Chelseas attack is average and Daiks is back in form.
Parkdale to do a number on Bon Beach, Lucky for Bonny it might only be a second week one dayer. There bats will struggle against Parkdales senior division attack. If we do get on this week Parky to win outright.

Mentone over a struggling Beena,
Old Mentonians to rack up a big total over Cheltenham,
Hampton to regain their feet after last week's flooring,
Eastwood to towel up his bunny and Perera to enjoy the ball coming on- Chelsea,
Parkdale to prevail against the Tang.

Back