South Division 2011/12

I agree with Mentone over beena, tipping lamb to score a hundred but not much more help from the rest of his mates??

Old mentonians to play that good boring cricket that they do so well to outclass chelt... I went and watched a bit of the 2s before the rain set in at chelt last week and there track despite all the rain was a belter! So will suit OM

I'm tipping Hampton there bowling is pretty handy and even though I haven't seen Brighton first hand they dont look like racking up big scores...

Im with daleshack on Chelsea, just!(with a little fence sitting thrown in for good measure) Chelsea have the physiological edge over port tipping this to be a massive scoring game on a good deck and super fast outfield... But can never discount daykins class...

Parkdale to beat tangy. For the first time ever our ground seems to drain ok (minus lake Stevenson) and we ave the biggest covers in the world so unless it's a terrential down poor should get on, wouldn't go as far as saying an outright though the tang always play well against us!!

Mentone over Murumbeena. Even if Lamb does make a few, i still think Mentone will be to strong.
Old Mentonians over Cheltenham.
Hampton to beat Brighton Districts.
Chelsea to beat Port Melb. Not sure if Phillips is playing for Chelsea this week, but will be a very handy inclusion into their bowling attack if he is.
Parky to beat Tang, but closer match then expected.

Beena to beat Mentone....Lamb big runs to be a difference.
Old Mentonians to beat Chelt....don't know much about either but just a feeling.
Hampton to beat rivals Brighton.... Hampton always play better when underdogs and a bit of a derby.
Port to beat Chelsea in a close one.....either a few runs or wickets seperating the result.
Parkdale to beat Tangy ....easily, just all over stronger outfit.

Options for games called off due to rain could be; firing jug balls from a bowling machine most catches wins, stump cricket in the rooms or any other suggestions ? Maybe the vtca bring it in next year!!!

UB...not far off on predictions. Looks like Hampton are really struggling along at this stage.
Port and OM seem to be lifting their rate slowly and steadily toward xmas. Parky and Beenas keep getting job done at this stage, but some really interesting games coming with these 4 teams against each other.
Tips gents?!?!
I'm hoping Hampton come good against Mentone....get an ugly win over them for a change!!!!!
Bonny need to find some runs....so Brighton for me.
Chelsea too strong for Chelt.
Toss of a coin OM & Parky. OM at home by a whisker.
Murrumbeena to upset Port. Lamb to get 80......Daykin 8.

Toss of a coin OM & Parky. OM at home by a whisker. ????

Mentone to rebound against a struggling Hampton, Rat I want some answers mate- what's happening??
Bonbeach to drop their keeper down the order and back their lineup against BD, if so the TANG. GO THE TANG!
Chelsea to wallop a struggling Cheltenham, Chelt need to find a bowler and quick.
Parkdale given their recent record against OM, but this is where we find out how we're travelling.
Port Melbourne based on the strength of the Aussie Dollar against the Beenas.

2bluesboss - ordinary prediction mate, see you in the nets!

UB...not far off on predictions. Looks like Hampton are really struggling along at this stage.
Port and OM seem to be lifting their rate slowly and steadily toward xmas. Parky and Beenas keep getting job done at this stage, but some really interesting games coming with these 4 teams against each other.
Tips gents?!?!
I'm hoping Hampton come good against Mentone....get an ugly win over them for a change!!!!!
Bonny need to find some runs....so Brighton for me.
Chelsea too strong for Chelt.
Toss of a coin OM & Parky. OM at home by a whisker.
Murrumbeena to upset Port. Lamb to get 80......Daykin 8.
only 114 off the Daykin prediction, the guys an absolute gun

Daykin is a champion. Its bewildering he didnt play first class cricket...Some of his feats in NSW and english cricket are staggering.

Predictions???

Brighton Districts 188 vs. Bonbeach Tangy.
- Backing the Tang in to pull together and get the runs at home. MacKessack to get amoungst the runs as he did last week.

Chelsea 6/281 vs. Cheltenham
- Would back Chelsea's bowling attack to defend 281. Good Innings from Kannangarra at the top of the order as well. Having another strong season so far!

Hampton 202 vs. Mentone
- I think Mentone will struggle to get the runs (not sure if Collins is playing?), but they'd need Teasedale and Wintle make some runs if Collins isn't playing. Even contribution from Hampton to get the runs.

Parkdale 114 vs. Old Mentonians 2/27.
- Toss of the coin isn't far off. You'd expect OM to chase down 88 runs with 8 Wickets in hand, but Parkdale still haven't bowled a few of there better bowlers. Early wickets could sway the game towards Parky.

Port Melbourne 9/339 vs. Murumbeena
- Lamb will need 200 for Murumbeena to get close to that total! Could be pushing for an Outright if he's skittled early.

Can someone down Aspendale way confirm if the Brett O'Hanlon taken today by Richmond is the same one who used to open the bowling for Aspendale?

It seems he played his junior footy at Edith-Asp and I thought I recognised the name?

Congratulations to david 'YUKK' teasdale on his 200th game for mentone. Feel free to write some stories about the great man about his feats on and off the field

Cheers Hugh Grant

Congratulations to david 'YUKK' teasdale on his 200th game for mentone. Feel free to write some stories about the great man about his feats on and off the field

Cheers Hugh Grant
Congratulations to david have played against him since and u12s is a handy cricketer and great clubman,and have built great friendship with over they years,BUT it's a shame to say my wife will not talk to him anymore as he decided to piss all over her leg at the bar.
Mail man out

Back