South Division 2011/12

Anyone know who R.Johnson is batting for Port? Havnt noticed his name before, he got 42 batting at 5 so they may have more batting then just Daykin & Khawaja who knows? I bet their president is not thrilled that they still struggle to chase decent scores though. I imagine holding on to Daykin would not be easy.

Poor effort on Chelsea's behalf. Fielding their 3'rd XI with more players than their 2'nds. I can understand that their 3'rds are still at chance at making finals, but 7 players in a 2'nd XI match is ridiculous.
Doesn't show much signs of good depth if the money at Chelsea ever runs out.

Poor effort on Chelsea's behalf. Fielding their 3'rd XI with more players than their 2'nds. I can understand that their 3'rds are still at chance at making finals, but 7 players in a 2'nd XI match is ridiculous.
Doesn't show much signs of good depth if the money at Chelsea ever runs out.

Apparently there 2s get $25/game plus bonuses... Clearly not working or it's run out...

Surely not...Who do they think they are? Yarraville Club? That is the most ridulous thing I have ever heard...Chelsea twos havent won a game this year - why would they bother with any sort of incentive?[/
Surely not...Who do they think they are? Yarraville Club? That is the most ridulous thing I have ever heard...Chelsea twos havent won a game this year - why would they bother with any sort of incentive?
I went and watche our 2s in the first round on a Sunday and was talking with someone from there club and that's what they said... God knows why

Are you sure they werent just having a lend of you? Do you actually believe that a club would be forking out $200 per game on a Seconds side that has been beaten outright in 5 of their 9 games? How many drinks had these guys had when they told you this?

Surely not even Yarraville pay two's players these days! With Baker making another 100 he must of pilled up a nice wad of cash from the club over a number of years though.
Yarraville must be back to flag fav's in Snr Div again with a big win over AP West?
South ladder looking tight and I see Seeary was back with a handy 6/24 and Daykin was in some handy form making 170, this looms to be a mouthwatering clash come finals!

Surely not even Yarraville pay two's players these days! With Baker making another 100 he must of pilled up a nice wad of cash from the club over a number of years though.
Yarraville must be back to flag fav's in Snr Div again with a big win over AP West?
South ladder looking tight and I see Seeary was back with a handy 6/24 and Daykin was in some handy form making 170, this looms to be a mouthwatering clash come finals!

daykin is a gun he just needs to make runs in the finals to shake that tag... just hopefully not against parkdale!

The top four in South are separated by less than one point. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I suspect that those four will be playing in the finals. Chelsea (5th) play Parkdale and OM, and although winning round 10 would slip them into the four, they would (probably) need to win again to stay there. Beena are 6th, 10 points out, and need to win two games with one of the top four losing both to make the finals. With OM's next game I don't really see that happening...

So, barring unexpected outrights, it's hard to see any change in the four, but the positions within the four are all up for grabs.

Back