South Division 2012/13

Managed to see a bit of Port vs Chelsea on Sunday! Ports bowling was very impressive, they gave absolutely nothing away and held their chances.
It was always going to be tough for Murrumbeena if Troy Lamb doesn't get a 100.
Should be a good final Port vs Brighton! Any news on where the final will be?

Managed to see a bit of Port vs Chelsea on Sunday! Ports bowling was very impressive, they gave absolutely nothing away and held their chances.
It was always going to be tough for Murrumbeena if Troy Lamb doesn't get a 100.
Should be a good final Port vs Brighton! Any news on where the final will be?
South Caulfield

This venue has been a graveyard for the favorites for about 10 years and has brought Port down a couple of times, but this year Brighton finished on top and might be another one to go down. It should be a cracker from the two top sides.
Interesting that the last three winners of the South Division have gone on to play off in the Senior GF the following year, which sticks it up the arse of a few in the North who down grade the South.

Terrific game of cricket played in the right spirit, just a pity about the rain and the rules. Well done to Brighton and Port put up a great fight on the last day

rules?? if you're talking about us batting 160+ overs well surely they should be able to bowl us out especially after taking 3 new balls... and I bet if any other team was in our position they would've done the same thing

It sounds like the best team all year got the result they deserved.

I’ve been a vocal critic of the 4 day GF. One of the justifications I have heard for the 4 day GF is, well “if it rains then we have plenty of time to get a result”. I disagree completely. Play an 80 (or 72) over GF, with the second weekend as reserve days. No non compulsory closures kick in, until the team batting first can’t get 80 overs in prior to stumps on the 3rd day – would all but guarantee a result under the same conditions that we play all of our games

rules?? if you're talking about us batting 160+ overs well surely they should be able to bowl us out especially after taking 3 new balls... and I bet if any other team was in our position they would've done the same thing

Great job by Sledge & all at SCCC, can't wait to play there next season. Sledge u handled yourself really well all game, congrats cos it must've hurt. Princes Pk is a great venue to witness a batting display like the 1 on Saturday. Quite simply you don't bat better than that in park cricket, both our Pro's showed exactly why you invest in big game players. YT has been at our club for 12 seasons, not many pro's come back to the same club for over a decade. What a legacy he now leaves with that knock..

For a core of our blokes that got us up to Sth 14 years ago to now take us up again, its a special win for a great club. Let's hope we can follow the south premier's recent form in senior.

For a lot of us from BDCC it was the 1st time we've seen Daykin and wow can he bat!

Thinking of the Parkdale 2's boys, u didn't deserve to end such a great year that way. Congrats to Russ, Tony & his boys tho. With McKinnon down & hampton up that 2's grade will b strong next yr..

Fantastic conditions down at South Caulfield for the grand final.
The partnership between Bacon and Tillakaratne was absolutely outstanding and ensured there was no way back for Port. It looked like these 2 were going to bat the whole day themselves! Superb effort.
As an observer it would have been great if both teams were able to bat roughly the same amount of overs. On such a great deck with 2 very good batting line ups this could have been a thriller.

Brighton finishing top and also winning the toss proved crucial in the end. Personally I'd like to see the grand final treated as every other game is during the year and have both sides having the same amount of overs to bat.

Well done to Brighton District on the great win.

Great job by Sledge & all at SCCC, can't wait to play there next season. Sledge u handled yourself really well all game, congrats cos it must've hurt. Princes Pk is a great venue to witness a batting display like the 1 on Saturday. Quite simply you don't bat better than that in park cricket, both our Pro's showed exactly why you invest in big game players. YT has been at our club for 12 seasons, not many pro's come back to the same club for over a decade. What a legacy he now leaves with that knock..

For a core of our blokes that got us up to Sth 14 years ago to now take us up again, its a special win for a great club. Let's hope we can follow the south premier's recent form in senior.

For a lot of us from BDCC it was the 1st time we've seen Daykin and wow can he bat!

Thinking of the Parkdale 2's boys, u didn't deserve to end such a great year that way. Congrats to Russ, Tony & his boys tho. With McKinnon down & hampton up that 2's grade will b strong next yr..
Didn't hurt in the end as your players were outstanding on and off the field, with no whinging about anything and the covers were no issue at all. You have a great bloke as skipper thats for sure.
My only thing i would have a go at, was the supporters who chose to go in and start eating the players and umps afternoon tea, poor form and wouldn't happen with our big fella at South.

It sounds like the best team all year got the result they deserved.

I’ve been a vocal critic of the 4 day GF. One of the justifications I have heard for the 4 day GF is, well “if it rains then we have plenty of time to get a result”. I disagree completely. Play an 80 (or 72) over GF, with the second weekend as reserve days. No non compulsory closures kick in, until the team batting first can’t get 80 overs in prior to stumps on the 3rd day – would all but guarantee a result under the same conditions that we play all of our games
I new it wouldn't take long for you to have a crack, you should be happy that your club won the flag, go and get pissed and enjoy it

I agree that the rules may need tweaking but in the end they are what they are. Good venue good win.. alot of talk about numerous teams leaving the comp though. Well done to old Mentone too I think thats 3 in the last four years..

Didn't hurt in the end as your players were outstanding on and off the field, with no whinging about anything and the covers were no issue at all. You have a great bloke as skipper thats for sure.
My only thing i would have a go at, was the supporters who chose to go in and start eating the players and umps afternoon tea, poor form and wouldn't happen with our big fella at South.

Bloody fat blokes stealing arvo tea.. it's not on!!! how did the volume & numbers of support rate Sledge? The noise on Saturday was awesome..

I new it wouldn't take long for you to have a crack, you should be happy that your club won the flag, go and get pissed and enjoy it
Thanks sledge!!!! Very happy we won two, should have been three but missed out with a combo of an admin error and a ridiculous rule. Don't drink, but still celebrating long and hard sober as a judge!!!
Well done to all premier teams

Hey any danger of anyone taking a breath. I played in the game for port and we have no excuses and won't use any. The rules were set in stone when the game started and as Barrell said we had 172 over to get them out. We all acknoledgesf and appreciated the fantastic batting efforts on Saturday and showed that on the ground. We fought it out as hard as we could. We are using nothing as an excuse except to promise you that we will provide the miser ridiculously strong side that Port has ever put on a VTCA field ever next year. The Brighton boys could of really rubbed it in our face yeterday but were too classy to do that. We hate being a classy loser but pride ourselves on the way we play. Take pot shots at us but the game was played in great spirit and we tried our asses off. Peace out boys. We stick fat at Port.

Back