South East Cricket Association (seca) 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get this information, PM? Phil Cox himself was reasonably confident that T-P were coming across.
Regardless of which Association they join; 28 junior teams and 1 girls team is a ridiculously large pool of kids to run a sustainable senior cricket club. The thought of how much work must go into T-P in order to run the club efficiently is obscene!:eek:

Anyone know why Cove has left Union for Ormond? Seems strange after Union made the top 4 last year, not happy there?
Interesting one. He's always been a passionate Unionite. Externally, it seems like the club always has its factions. Perhaps he's on the outer at the moment and decided to move on? Either way, it's another good person the club loses.

Covey will be a loss to Union. However if the rumours are true and they're getting Az, Con Pothitos and Robbie Blair then they'll be quite a force.

Would there be slight chance that the SECA committee could actually provide some updated details on the web site.
Its an embarassment to the comp, i'm sure people would be interested at this time of the year to actually read something of note.
What about details of who won what last season, who won trophies etc, and perhaps what their plans [ if any ] are for this season.
We are a month out of cricket and all that has been put on the site is the Longy draw '' wow '' .
If you take a look at some other comps web sites, they are full of relative information, we have an administrator to do what ?
An idea would be for all clubs to provide some input into the web site so its at least its a viable option, because at the moment its not.

Usually in early-mid Sept nofox.
I know the SECA Exec had a meeting tonite, surely to finalised the grades & fixtures.
I'm sure we will hear in the next 2 weeks.
Don't hold your breath WIP ? Word coming off the street is they are still confused about what to do with the SDCA clubs.
Will they drop second 11's from Wooly who have earnt the right to be up there and replace them with 1st 11's from SDCA ??????

Don't hold your breath WIP ? Word coming off the street is they are still confused about what to do with the SDCA clubs.
Will they drop second 11's from Wooly who have earnt the right to be up there and replace them with 1st 11's from SDCA ??????

Pretty sure the Longmuir line up is as expected with West Bentleigh replacing Omega. Woolnough has changed somewhat. Omega go down, Chadstone Harlequins come in from SDCA and Melbourne Wanderers, Cheltenham Park & Le Page Park gain promotion to make it a 12 team grade. Carnegie United Kings will start in Quiney if the information is correct, but it's all speculation to this point.

Pretty sure the Longmuir line up is as expected with West Bentleigh replacing Omega. Woolnough has changed somewhat. Omega go down, Chadstone Harlequins come in from SDCA and Melbourne Wanderers, Cheltenham Park & Le Page Park gain promotion to make it a 12 team grade. Carnegie United Kings will start in Quiney if the information is correct, but it's all speculation to this point.

How many other clubs are coming across. There were 20 clubs in the league and the ECA are only claiming 10 of them? Can't imagine with their locations any would have gone to Box Hill Reporter?

Cavaliers, Chadstone, CUCC Kings, Monash, East Oakleigh, St Johns Elsternwick, Monash, East Oakleigh,
Emerald Hill, St Andrews Gardiner, Oakleigh District Footballers from the top 3 grades alone weren't taken by ECA. I'd have thought that most if not all of them would be joining SECA if they aren't joining ECA.

Monash are in ECA Burt (Div 2). I also noticed Cavaliers home page on MyCricket has a link to the SECA. Emerald Hill are in Quiney. Forgot to include them above as they already had lower grade teams. I believe St Andrews & St Johns have come into the SECA in D grade.
Again, I'm speculating on information I've received. Not entirely sure how accurate this is, but I'm confident it's in the ball park.

Cavaliers are in. Starting in one of the low grades F or G, from memory.

I'd really hope that their 1st XI aren't playing F or G, if so you'll see pretty much every league record fall at once. Even their 2nd XI would murder F or G. They finished 4th in 1st grade and 5th in 2nd grade last year!

Fairly confident that's right. Same with a few other new clubs starting quite low. Perhaps they've lost numbers or they're spreading teams across comps? All will be revealed in the coming weeks when we see our fixtures.

I'd really hope that their 1st XI aren't playing F or G, if so you'll see pretty much every league record fall at once. Even their 2nd XI would murder F or G. They finished 4th in 1st grade and 5th in 2nd grade last year!
AGREE with you pie, Surely Phil Cox and his loyal staff cannot be serious.
I hope their opinions and expertise favour existing SECA clubs rather than sweatening these fly in clubs.
Could you imagine their firsts playing on Wilson Rec ? or Little Hurly, even Coatsville.
Might be time for the comp to re-visit what was proposed and tried some years ago.
Longy firsts and longy seconds play each other, then Wooly firsts and seconds play each other, Quiney firsts and seconds play each other, 3rd 11's play each other, 4th 11's play each other and so on down the grades.
I hate to see a scenario of a 3rd or 4th 11 playing F & G against a SDCA 1st or 2nd team.
Are the clubs getting any feed back from the rule makers ? Its only a month to go !!!!!!!!!!

Agree with the sentiment of aligning clubs & grades, wp, but it's been proven over time that it doesn't work. 5 of the 12 Woolnough teams in 14/15 will be 2nd XI. A further 4 teams will have 1st XI teams in Quiney. Where do we find a 12th 1st XI team for Woolnough and is it worth bringing them in on the basis of structuring the grade as you suggest? Or do they continue with 10 teams in Woolnough? I personally think they got it half right. 10 teams is fine. The fixture needs to be reviewed to bring more balance to the grade.

With respect to the new clubs, you would expect that the SECA Exec has done their due diligence before lining up their teams in the respective grades.

As far as being vocal about fixtures it seems the SECA needs to review this process. They've been doing a lot right, but this has been an ongoing problem for as long as I can remember. Hard for non-Longmuir clubs to plan their seasons when we're waiting a week out to see a fixture. Perhaps it's worth investigating how other comps do it because looking at other competition websites it appears the fixtures have been sorted for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back