South East Cricket Association (seca) 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would also like to confirm a rumour that we've picked up Fawad Ahmad and Brad Hodge.

Will the big fella let Hodge bat @ 3 Leroy? If its your call Im sure you'll make the right call. He may take a little time to get use to the synthetic wicket

Az - yes.
Hodge -no.

Wouldn't be able to fit the egos of hodge, Delac, Gregory, jules, Pothitos and Jewell in the one change room.

Although, a question to golf and mal - on top of forking out more hard earned for the egos, is there any cash left in the bank at omeeeeeega to build new rooms to fit their heads through the door? Hmmmm....

Of course there is!
After attending last night's Liverpool v Victory game, we're now placing a bid for Luis Suarez. Don't know where he'll bat, whether he can bowl, or catch the ball, but I'm sure he'll drag the crowds in. With a record number of snags and stubbies sold throughout the year, we'll be able to recoup his $90 million dollar transfer fee by the year 9524.
We've also engaged Scott Cam, and Channel 9 to film the The Block, Bricker Style next year. We will then have the most aesthetic looking clubrooms in the SECA. After being part of the construction, Foreman Keef will realise how much he has missed terrorising batsmen, will make a comeback, giving ANA a celebrity bowling partnership of Keef and Lloydy!

the suns staying out longer, which only mean one thing. cricket season is near! hows clubs preseasons going. any major departures/arrivals? how does the reduction to 10 teams in wooly effect C grade down! which grade will have the dreaded 14 team comp. wat sort of effects/impact does the FDCA joing the CMCA have? gees boys/girls any opinions/facts of the above questions is surely better than the silence this forum is experience. And finally the big boys (uncle mick/brett(milfhunter)ernst) get the SECA facebook page running.

Yep. Not too far away now!

At Elwood, things are progressing nicely. No real onfield news. A bit of a shake-up off field with a new president and treasurer, both of whom are universally liked and respected, so we are just going about things in our own way. Rather boring really :)

Looking forward to see how we do with Elwood in both Longmuir AND Woolnough for the first time, but I back our boys in 100%.

Should be a great season ahead...

More news from the SECA- it seems this is due to the juniors merge:

Re South East Cricket Association (SECA)

As I am sure you are fully aware by now, a mandate was given in June 2013, to change the name of the City of Moorabbin Cricket Association (CMCA) to the South East Cricket Association (SECA).

Also your Executive Committee has been in discussions and negotiations with the Federal District Cricket Association (FDCA), which is a Junior only association about joining the SECA over a period of time. With that I am pleased to announce that a Memorandum of Understanding was signed off on Sunday August 4th 2013, for the FDCA clubs to join the SECA for this coming season.

Obviously there are a lot of issues that have and are being addressed for this partnership to be successful and enhance junior cricket participation in our vast region. Part of our strategy has been to form a separate Junior subcommittee to manage the day to day operational functions of running this expanded Junior competition.

There will be three current appointed SECA Executive members on this Junior Subcommittee who will report back when required to the full SECA Executive Committee. Matt Dwyer has been appointed Chairman of this new Management structure, and he has put together a very impressive list of highly credentialed people to assist him with this important task.

Matt, will be writing to you all shortly outlining his team and their vision for our Junior competition. As part of this, there will be a very important compulsory meeting for ALL Clubs with Junior teams, to be held on
Monday August 26th upstairs at the Mordialloc Sporting Club 528 Main Street Mordialloc at 7.00pm.

We trust you will give Matt and his team your full support, as we begin this very exciting new adventure together.

Yep. Not too far away now!

At Elwood, things are progressing nicely. No real onfield news. A bit of a shake-up off field with a new president and treasurer, both of whom are universally liked and respected, so we are just going about things in our own way. Rather boring really :)

Looking forward to see how we do with Elwood in both Longmuir AND Woolnough for the first time, but I back our boys in 100%.

Should be a great season ahead...

Has Screwballs finally put his hand up for President?

I must say SECA (CMCA) seem to be behind the times with up to date info on there website/social media/fixtures/ gradings... such a strong competition they seem to behind the 8 ball in regards to off field matters and communicating it to stakeholders. Obviously my opinion from afar. Don't know how it's run in the inner sanctum. Not trying to to bag out the league, more of a suggestion for improvement. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back