Sri Lanka In Australia

I didnt expect such a good win from Sri Lanka, on paper it looks amazing, but it seemed Australia didnt fully turn up for the match...

So all out for 74.. Starc and Doherty saving Australia from total embarrassment with the final wicket partnership after coming together with only 40 on the board.

Still wasn't Australia's lowest score which is 70 that has happened twice. New Zealand has once been knocked over for 64 :p

Just seen the replay of those 2 edged lbw decisions, absolute howlers.

Handy 52 runs from Starc to get Australia to bat out the overs and get them something to bowl at with a total of 222.

Starc batted very well for his 52. He should be a all rounder. David Warner also batted well for his 60. David Hussey is batting too high up the order and needs to have the role as the finisher. Even with some terrible LBW decisions Australia have changed the momentum in this match. If they can bowl well, they should be able to win this match.

Unconvincing performance for Oz in my eyes, Sri Lanka soundly won and there didnt seem to be enough fight from Australia. This was a big surprise for me as I expected an australia win, Warner did well but there was no support from the rest of the batting order to continue the run tally. The fact that Australian media are saying Sri Lanka crushed Australia says it all really...as you can tell Im disappointed. Saving grace was Warner, he played well.

Sri Lanka eventually win the last Twenty20 game with the help of the Duck Worth Lewis system. Glenn Maxwell did very well to hit his first two balls for 4. Sri Lanka really made hard it for Maxwell to hit the last ball for 4, by taking a very long time to bowl the last ball. The umpires even told the Sri Lankans to hurry up but they ignored the umpires and kept talking. You can understand why there was a heated discussion at the end, between the two teams. Disappointing from Sri Lanka in my opinion, a ugly end to a good match.

Back