subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Struggling to pick a winner for the Hatch Medal tonight, any hot favourites for the other grades. Tommy Maloney (Brighton) would have to be a massive shot for the 2's, 30 wickets before xmas and some big bags amongst them.

Massive Hoop;346727 said:
Struggling to pick a winner for the Hatch Medal tonight, any hot favourites for the other grades. Tommy Maloney (Brighton) would have to be a massive shot for the 2's, 30 wickets before xmas and some big bags amongst them.

Kevin Lowe would be a short priced favourite and should win by a small margin. The Price Medal should be a race in 3 between Lawson, (Broady), Freeman, (Willy), and Pauwels (Oaks).

Should be a great night again, and very much looking forward to receiving a couple of premiership plaques.

Massive Hoop;346727 said:

Kevin Lowe would be a short priced favourite and should win by a small margin. The Price Medal should be a race in 3 between Lawson, (Broady), Freeman, (Willy), and Pauwels (Oaks).

Should be a great night again, and very much looking forward to receiving a couple of premiership plaques.

Time will tell, but are these awards normally won by batsmen. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I know in the 2's there are a few guys who got a lot of wickets (30+), and also blokes with lots of runs (500-600), not too many allrounders stood out. Also depends obviously on who else performs well in the polling games, and whether wickets/runs were taken in bags or more consistantly.

Time will tell, but are these awards normally won by batsmen. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I know in the 2's there are a few guys who got a lot of wickets (30+), and also blokes with lots of runs (500-600), not too many allrounders stood out. Also depends obviously on who else performs well in the polling games, and whether wickets/runs were taken in bags or more consistantly.

bloody hell......i should be a gambler.........

well done to a.goldsmith........i tipped the winner as per usual........
and the other award winners especially the young blokes who won the 3rd and 4th 11 medals well done........was i too pissed and talking sh1t to notice the team of the year.......must have been.........a good night still feeling it today.........

26 votes from 6 games in the magoos im happy with that.......didnt think id get that many......must have been the quality meds i bowl.......

bucket head rumor is that your a keeper.....?

and the other award winners especially the young blokes who won the 3rd and 4th 11 medals well done........was i too pissed and talking sh1t to notice the team of the year.......must have been.........a good night still feeling it today.........

26 votes from 6 games in the magoos im happy with that.......didnt think id get that many......must have been the quality meds i bowl.......

weapons05/06;346906 said:

Close but no cigar brown dog,keep on guessing thou

weapons05/06;346906 said:

Close but no cigar brown dog,keep on guessing thou

how are the vote awarded?

Is it both umps give 3,2,1 or is it 5,4,3,2,1

and whatta bout for the 3s nd 4's since they only have 1 ump.

Im tipping Weapons will be the first to answer this one ....

Spin King;346993 said:

i think both umps in ones and twos give 3,2,1.........dunno about 4rds n 4ths id say it would be similar.......

was speaking to goldsmith before the count he was on 19 votes with 3 games to go.......confident as he was he said he'd get 6,6,6 in the last 3 games and he did......

Spin King;346993 said:

i think both umps in ones and twos give 3,2,1.........dunno about 4rds n 4ths id say it would be similar.......

was speaking to goldsmith before the count he was on 19 votes with 3 games to go.......confident as he was he said he'd get 6,6,6 in the last 3 games and he did......

bucket head;346871 said:
well done Anchor,but dont think your little mate deserved his spot thou!?

Thanks. But my little friend did deserve his spot. Opened the batting all year for 500+ runs. He is an excellent keeper and a match winner.

Care to explain why he shouldn't have been in? And who you think should have?

bucket head;346871 said:
well done Anchor,but dont think your little mate deserved his spot thou!?

Thanks. But my little friend did deserve his spot. Opened the batting all year for 500+ runs. He is an excellent keeper and a match winner.

anchorman;347045 said:

Only going on past criteria Anchor,nothing personel
On ability alone street,conway and kremer have better hands ,and hewitt has been more than consistent over the last 5 years with bat and gloves and has not been rewarded.IMO!

anchorman;347045 said:

On ability alone street,conway and kremer have better hands ,and hewitt has been more than consistent over the last 5 years with bat and gloves and has not been rewarded.IMO!

bucket head;347055 said:

the keeper selection will always cause some sort of stir. farrow too has now been playing 4 years with us and is averaging 40 with the bat. not too bad i think.

i've many a chat about this with many people, and it's very difficult to decide on just 1 player. i guess it was just hard for them to ignore his runs this year. it makes a big difference to a team to have a keeper who is capable of that many runs.

bucket head;347055 said:

the keeper selection will always cause some sort of stir. farrow too has now been playing 4 years with us and is averaging 40 with the bat. not too bad i think.

i've many a chat about this with many people, and it's very difficult to decide on just 1 player. i guess it was just hard for them to ignore his runs this year. it makes a big difference to a team to have a keeper who is capable of that many runs.

Can anyone who wasnt too pissed on the night remember the team of the year ? If so, please post it. I cant see where they have put it up on the subbies website.

Did any clubs table stuff up on the night ? How did the victorious Melton boys trek ?

cheers.

Can anyone who wasnt too pissed on the night remember the team of the year ? If so, please post it. I cant see where they have put it up on the subbies website.

Did any clubs table stuff up on the night ? How did the victorious Melton boys trek ?

cheers.

Undoubtedly the highlight was the impromptu and unscripted speeches throughout the night which have been sadly lacking over the past few years.

One team played a drinking game whenever Mellton was mentioned, as you can imagine quite often. Seemed to be more fun than in previous years - a very good night.

AWARDS ANNOUNCED AT VSDCA "RM HATCH" DINNER

"RM Hatch" 1st XI Medallist - Andrew Goldsmith (Box Hill)

"WJ Price" 2nd XI Medallist - David Lawson (Broadmeadows)

3rd XI Best Player - Daniel Castellano (Melton)

4th XI Best Player - Ejaaz Alavi (Kew)

"Spirit of Cricket" Award - Caulfield

VSDCA Team of The Year

Kevin Lowe (Capt) (Preston)
Tahir Afridi (Bundoora OP)
Simon Beshara (Ormond)
Shawn Craig (Malvern)
Justin Farrow (Box Hill)
Andrew Goldsmith (Box Hill)
Alex Hales (Croydon)
Leigh Holmes (Yarraville)
Brad Jones (Melton)
James McMahon (Brighton)
Shane Peake (Endeavour Hills)
Susantha Pradeep (Moorabbin)

Junior Player of the Year - Mitchell Streiff (Broadmeadows)

Leader Newspaper Players of the Year

North Group - Kevin Lowe (Preston)
East Group - Andrew Goldsmith (Box Hill)
South Group - James McMahon (Brighton)
West Group - David Kirk (Melton)

Undoubtedly the highlight was the impromptu and unscripted speeches throughout the night which have been sadly lacking over the past few years.

One team played a drinking game whenever Mellton was mentioned, as you can imagine quite often. Seemed to be more fun than in previous years - a very good night.

VSDCA Team of The Year

Simon Beshara (Ormond)
Shawn Craig (Malvern)
Justin Farrow (Box Hill)
Alex Hales (Croydon)
Brad Jones (Melton)
James McMahon (Brighton)

My highlight was the little master from Kew accepting the 4th XI player of the year award. 13 years old, 4 foot 11 and 44 wickets at 6 (and a 4-fa in the one game he played in the 3rd XI)

I'm not sure he was tall enough to stand behind the lecturn and be seen by the audience.

My highlight was the little master from Kew accepting the 4th XI player of the year award. 13 years old, 4 foot 11 and 44 wickets at 6 (and a 4-fa in the one game he played in the 3rd XI)

I'm not sure he was tall enough to stand behind the lecturn and be seen by the audience.

Hi guys, first time poster.
I was at the Hatch Medal & it is great to see that there is some young talent coming through then competition through the 3rd and 4th XI.
It was a great night except for the food I thought, the comedian was hilarious! I must admit I thought more Melton Players would have received awards. Good to see Lowey captain of the Team of the Year though!

Hi guys, first time poster.
I was at the Hatch Medal & it is great to see that there is some young talent coming through then competition through the 3rd and 4th XI.
It was a great night except for the food I thought, the comedian was hilarious! I must admit I thought more Melton Players would have received awards. Good to see Lowey captain of the Team of the Year though!

B&G OCC;347161 said:

VSDCA Team of The Year

Simon Beshara (Ormond)
Shawn Craig (Malvern)
Justin Farrow (Box Hill)
Alex Hales (Croydon)
Brad Jones (Melton)
James McMahon (Brighton)

Thought all the rewards were pretty right. Peake in the team of the year ahead of Boglis and Ensil came as a suprise and maybe McMahon ahead of Pritchard but apart from that i thought the selectors got it pretty right.

B&G OCC;347161 said:

VSDCA Team of The Year

Simon Beshara (Ormond)
Shawn Craig (Malvern)
Justin Farrow (Box Hill)
Alex Hales (Croydon)
Brad Jones (Melton)
James McMahon (Brighton)

Thought all the rewards were pretty right. Peake in the team of the year ahead of Boglis and Ensil came as a suprise and maybe McMahon ahead of Pritchard but apart from that i thought the selectors got it pretty right.

quietone;347897 said:
"Fielders greet young gun"

Not sure about the heading!! Never fulfilled expectations at Dandy. His record wasnt great but will be handy behind the pegs.

Is he keeping? I heard is back was no good? Will be interesting to see how he goes considering the money he's probably getting.

quietone;347897 said:
"Fielders greet young gun"

Not sure about the heading!! Never fulfilled expectations at Dandy. His record wasnt great but will be handy behind the pegs.

Is he keeping? I heard is back was no good? Will be interesting to see how he goes considering the money he's probably getting.

Having done so a number of times in the past, the VTCA wish to offer a challenge to the Subbies....a Comp representative game.

I think everyone is sick of hearing the VTCA vs Subbies arguement, lets get it on....

Anyone in a position to give me an official word of interest ??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back