subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Having done so a number of times in the past, the VTCA wish to offer a challenge to the Subbies....a Comp representative game.

I think everyone is sick of hearing the VTCA vs Subbies arguement, lets get it on....

Anyone in a position to give me an official word of interest ??!!

BCC_;347945 said:
Is he keeping? I heard is back was no good? Will be interesting to see how he goes considering the money he's probably getting.
...or the amount of 'moisture' being poured into his pocket. haha

my info is that he'll only keep occasionally.

BCC_;347945 said:
Is he keeping? I heard is back was no good? Will be interesting to see how he goes considering the money he's probably getting.

moneyball;348017 said:

Have heard that he won't be keeping at all, because his pockets will be too heavy to get up to the stumps! Brighton must not be happy with him going to Caulfield, seeing as he has a family link to them.

moneyball;348017 said:

Have heard that he won't be keeping at all, because his pockets will be too heavy to get up to the stumps! Brighton must not be happy with him going to Caulfield, seeing as he has a family link to them.

The Field;348030 said:

from a Brighton point of view yes we are filthy about it but lets quash this Money talk , he's not getting paid that much , there are a few "other" reasons he is playing at Caulfield ... none that make it better but money is not the issue Ricks not the type of bloke who would play for money .... he's got plenty

The Field;348030 said:

from a Brighton point of view yes we are filthy about it but lets quash this Money talk , he's not getting paid that much , there are a few "other" reasons he is playing at Caulfield ... none that make it better but money is not the issue Ricks not the type of bloke who would play for money .... he's got plenty

BCC1842;348043 said:
from a Brighton point of view yes we are filthy about it but lets quash this Money talk , he's not getting paid that much .... he's got plenty

my sources heard otherwise from a few caulfield players at the Hatch medal...

BCC1842;348043 said:
from a Brighton point of view yes we are filthy about it but lets quash this Money talk , he's not getting paid that much .... he's got plenty

my sources heard otherwise from a few caulfield players at the Hatch medal...

Should be a good game BCC vs Caul next year.. Caulfield should be keen to win one back after Macca destroyed them last season

Should be a good game BCC vs Caul next year.. Caulfield should be keen to win one back after Macca destroyed them last season

i've been away for a little while, can someone please tell me who won the championship final?

cheers
c.face

i've been away for a little while, can someone please tell me who won the championship final?

cheers
c.face

Not Just Empty Words;348003 said:
Having done so a number of times in the past, the VTCA wish to offer a challenge to the Subbies....a Comp representative game.

I think everyone is sick of hearing the VTCA vs Subbies arguement, lets get it on....

I didn't realise there was an arguement... Subbies is clearly the better comp.

Not Just Empty Words;348003 said:

I didn't realise there was an arguement... Subbies is clearly the better comp.

Not Just Empty Words;348146 said:
Who you trying to kid ??!!

I don't really think subbies clubs give a crap about the VTCA. Obviously the VTCA has a inferior complex about themselves.

Not Just Empty Words;348146 said:
Who you trying to kid ??!!

I don't really think subbies clubs give a crap about the VTCA. Obviously the VTCA has a inferior complex about themselves.

The Field;348147 said:

Far from it. VTCA is the strongest club comp in Victoria, proven with the talent that plays within it and the strength of the clubs involved.
Very easy for Subbies to sit in their little Cricket Victoria funded glasshouses with an opinion of self-percieved importance....

When CV eventually decide to let Premier Cricket's pathetic little sister walk on their own, Subbies will collapse. Already the laughing stock of other Comps and cricket administrators state-wide.

The Field;348147 said:

Far from it. VTCA is the strongest club comp in Victoria, proven with the talent that plays within it and the strength of the clubs involved.
Very easy for Subbies to sit in their little Cricket Victoria funded glasshouses with an opinion of self-percieved importance....

When CV eventually decide to let Premier Cricket's pathetic little sister walk on their own, Subbies will collapse. Already the laughing stock of other Comps and cricket administrators state-wide.

Not Just Empty Words;348151 said:

could you please provide in a little more detail why your comp is stronger and why subbies is so pathetic? other than the funding which you speak of that is hardly anything i assume your talking about all your Top line clubs in senior division being stronger

could you please provide in a little more detail why your comp is stronger and why subbies is so pathetic? other than the funding which you speak of that is hardly anything i assume your talking about all your Top line clubs in senior division being stronger

If the VTCA is so good, why bother trying to organise to play the subbies - if it is the 'strongest club comp in Victoria' (verbatim) they should have no trouble taking on a Premier Club side and beating them easily with the talent pool that they have at their disposal.

I would like to see how the strong VTCA sides would handle subbies cricket. I think it may be a bit too tough!

If the VTCA is so good, why bother trying to organise to play the subbies - if it is the 'strongest club comp in Victoria' (verbatim) they should have no trouble taking on a Premier Club side and beating them easily with the talent pool that they have at their disposal.

I would like to see how the strong VTCA sides would handle subbies cricket. I think it may be a bit too tough!

The Field;348158 said:

to be honest i would like to see subbies v vtca rep game.........

but totaly agree with you other subbies boys that there is no question vca grants or not subbies the better comp......when we speak of local cricket vtca is all that......too many grades too many different clubs.......subbies all the same clubs every year......

this is how i see it..afl=premier cricket...vfl=subbies....ammo's=vtca......and so on and so on....

The Field;348158 said:

but totaly agree with you other subbies boys that there is no question vca grants or not subbies the better comp......when we speak of local cricket vtca is all that......too many grades too many different clubs.......subbies all the same clubs every year......

this is how i see it..afl=premier cricket...vfl=subbies....ammo's=vtca......and so on and so on....

laughing stock you reckon - I would beg do differ you dunce. The VTCA for a long time has been the laughing stock amoungt then high grades of cricket in Victoria due to the crazy amount of money they payout to their top players but more so to the blokes that are just players. Dont wory about the funding the subbies clubs get it would not even cover 2 games match payments for some of the clubs in the VTCA. Some clubs have payrolls in excess of $85k - some subbies clubs would not have this as a turnover for their whole club. The quality of (or lack of) the comp it also shown with 2 blokes nearly making 1000 and then it drops away pretty quickly - there is no depth just money hungry "so called superstars" looking to rake in the cash and be the big fish in the little pond and then subbies borderline 1's and 2's cricketers make up the rest. This is slown with a quick look at the ladders. If you look at the VTCA ladder for runs scorred and wickets taken and for example the SthEast ladder in the subbies and take out the top team and bottom team to make it 12 teams vs 12 teams - The subbies scorred over 2000 runs more than the VTCA.

Wont be long before the VTCA is shot when their player points system comes in it will stop the stacking of sides.

As a comp the subbies is much better but as a rep game It would be a very good game - our best 11 against yours would be a tight game - although it would never go ahead you blokes would want appearance money.

laughing stock you reckon - I would beg do differ you dunce. The VTCA for a long time has been the laughing stock amoungt then high grades of cricket in Victoria due to the crazy amount of money they payout to their top players but more so to the blokes that are just players. Dont wory about the funding the subbies clubs get it would not even cover 2 games match payments for some of the clubs in the VTCA. Some clubs have payrolls in excess of $85k - some subbies clubs would not have this as a turnover for their whole club. The quality of (or lack of) the comp it also shown with 2 blokes nearly making 1000 and then it drops away pretty quickly - there is no depth just money hungry "so called superstars" looking to rake in the cash and be the big fish in the little pond and then subbies borderline 1's and 2's cricketers make up the rest. This is slown with a quick look at the ladders. If you look at the VTCA ladder for runs scorred and wickets taken and for example the SthEast ladder in the subbies and take out the top team and bottom team to make it 12 teams vs 12 teams - The subbies scorred over 2000 runs more than the VTCA.

Wont be long before the VTCA is shot when their player points system comes in it will stop the stacking of sides.

As a comp the subbies is much better but as a rep game It would be a very good game - our best 11 against yours would be a tight game - although it would never go ahead you blokes would want appearance money.

you're out of your mind if you think you have more talent. why would we have had 3 ex-australian players in the last 5 years and numerous ex-state players come back to subbies. clearly not for the coin or else they would have have defected to VTCA. the standard is by far better right across the board and is only getting better. i'm glad the better players realise playing better cricket outways chasing coin in a sub-par league

you're out of your mind if you think you have more talent. why would we have had 3 ex-australian players in the last 5 years and numerous ex-state players come back to subbies. clearly not for the coin or else they would have have defected to VTCA. the standard is by far better right across the board and is only getting better. i'm glad the better players realise playing better cricket outways chasing coin in a sub-par league

weapons05/06;348245 said:

Weapons much rather see a round robin T20 concept as the rep game next season - North vs South, East vs West over 3 Sundays with the two top teams playing Australia Day weekend instead of a Saturday/Sunday for everybody else. Think it would draw a fair crowd, no matter where it was played.

weapons05/06;348245 said:

Weapons much rather see a round robin T20 concept as the rep game next season - North vs South, East vs West over 3 Sundays with the two top teams playing Australia Day weekend instead of a Saturday/Sunday for everybody else. Think it would draw a fair crowd, no matter where it was played.

sounds like you might be a 5th x1 players or p/c nerd,got a mate that plays vtca 1s and he reckons the best thing about the comp is it pays his mortgage off

sounds like you might be a 5th x1 players or p/c nerd,got a mate that plays vtca 1s and he reckons the best thing about the comp is it pays his mortgage off

The Field;348361 said:

word on the street is that the T20 comp u speak of is a big chance of getting off the ground, also trial games for the rep sides .... best of the south v best of the East ..so on so fourth.... then the subbies side will be picked form that

The Field;348361 said:

word on the street is that the T20 comp u speak of is a big chance of getting off the ground, also trial games for the rep sides .... best of the south v best of the East ..so on so fourth.... then the subbies side will be picked form that

anchorman;348343 said:

Subbies 'A' side beats the VTCA 'A' side most times I reckon, would be a great game though.

The difference between the two comps is at the bottom of senior division compared to the bottom of subbies. Because of the promo/relo system, crap teams fall away (whether thats cos the money runs out or whatever). Any team in Senior Division would beat the bottom four/six teams in subbies, easily. The top vs the top of each comp would be a pretty interesting encounter as well...Clubbers V Melton.

anchorman;348343 said:

Subbies 'A' side beats the VTCA 'A' side most times I reckon, would be a great game though.

The difference between the two comps is at the bottom of senior division compared to the bottom of subbies. Because of the promo/relo system, crap teams fall away (whether thats cos the money runs out or whatever). Any team in Senior Division would beat the bottom four/six teams in subbies, easily. The top vs the top of each comp would be a pretty interesting encounter as well...Clubbers V Melton.

Greetings all, been around subbies for over a decade now. Whats the form guide for this year coming up? Sth v West and East v Nth. Whats the movements? I see from here that Caulfield have picked up the ex Dandy keeper and Yarraville have picked up Love from the scraggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back