subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

im a dud;195560 said:
i played every game in the seconds last year and i had a delayed start to the season due to injury so i was put in the thirds. and if im a lazy cricketer and i play first eleven cricket imagine how much better i would be if i wasnt? i've made the firsts after 3 games and i had no pre season. im pretty happy with what ive achieved and im sure ive achieved a lot more than you have buddy

well after that statement from you, seems your pretty full of yourself hey cocko, doesnt surprsie me though, with that cockiness you will only go downhill from here. yeh you should be happy with your efforts to get in the 1's but 1 thing a 16 year old chump shouldnt be doing is running his mouth on here.. anyway didnt think you would be so cocky after hodsgon neally knocked your head off on the weekend. lucky you were wearing a helmet hey?? didnt he cannon one into your helmet?? correct me if im wrong, i just have a lot of contacts, some might be a lot closer than you think ;)

weapons05/06;195570 said:
you would be loving the new trotting track and training facilities down your way......its only a horses hoof throw away from the highway[/QUOTE

im not a trotter, only horses that cant make the big time resort to trotting, im the real deal, group 1 champ

Young Willi Lad;195571 said:
Maybe if it was a decent club it would not lose 22 players.
1 last guess on who you are.
One of the Siedlecki sisters?
Maybe Justin?
Dont think you are however.
And if your not, how bout you grow some balls and tell us who you are.

young willi lad, you are a ********wit!! you probably dont know the first thing about our club, yeh your always gonna go back to not winning a flag last year which is fair enough but i think when a club wins the ken fewster champoionship in the WHOLE SUB DISTRICT competition well then its a decent club, and the year before that we come second by 2 points so i think everyone will agree with me that we are a decent club and this year we are struggling abit because we are going through a regrouping stage which every club goes through. few years ago willy was there.. but you are a dumb ******** and wouldnt have a clue anyway. apparently you have red hair?? is this true??

Young Willi Lad;195571 said:
Maybe if it was a decent club it would not lose 22 players.
1 last guess on who you are.
One of the Siedlecki sisters?
Maybe Justin?
Dont think you are however.
And if your not, how bout you grow some balls and tell us who you are.

you better hope its not one of those crazyleg seidleckis mate, because if it is they will be down your club with baseball bats and the 2 yeats twins and after your head young willi lad, good luck chipper

Piston Broke;195761 said:
Looking ahead to the conclusion of round 6 matches tomorrow where conditions should be good although some pitches might be feeling the pinch after Sunday's extra use.
There look to be some one sided games and a couple of interesting ones as well.
Willy 165 v Oak 1/22-Willy need quick wickets to be a chance,although Wepons has said ground very slow so this one will go down to the wire.
Will go the Oaks to inflict willy's first loss.
Melton 1/38 v Bayswaters 109,foregone conclusion,top effort from Melton after a couple of poor ones.
Croydon 118 vBox Hill 1/75-percentage booster,could get ugly for the cockies.
Noble Park 1/75 v Altona 124-disappointing effort from the A's,need to limit the damage here by bowling well.
Sunshine 120 vBroady 5/77-need a crystal ball,could be even an outright to either side,might stick to my original selection and go the Crows by a nostril.
Werribee v End Hills 8/361-home side would have to break a record to win this one,but not tomorrow.
Mt Wav v Yarra 190-toss a coin,Bartlett/Ferguson in great form,if both go cheaply the Eagles might get up.
Good luck to all.

Borady are a crazy team, neally get a result every week. 2 outrights an a row, doesnt happen very often, will be interesting how long they stay in top 4 for. Werribee very unpredictable side, beating two top teams oaks and box hill but losing other games against lesser oppostion. good luck chasing 400 but wouldnt surprise me if they get close on there ground. lions back on track after big weekend. go melton

*DaNcE HeRo*;195788 said:
you better hope its not one of those crazyleg seidleckis mate, because if it is they will be down your club with baseball bats and the 2 yeats twins and after your head young willi lad, good luck chipper

those crazyleg's and the yaters..don't get them angry young willi lad!

Piston Broke;195761 said:
Looking ahead to the conclusion of round 6 matches tomorrow where conditions should be good although some pitches might be feeling the pinch after Sunday's extra use.
There look to be some one sided games and a couple of interesting ones as well.
Willy 165 v Oak 1/22-Willy need quick wickets to be a chance,although Wepons has said ground very slow so this one will go down to the wire.
Will go the Oaks to inflict willy's first loss.
Melton 1/38 v Bayswaters 109,foregone conclusion,top effort from Melton after a couple of poor ones.
Croydon 118 vBox Hill 1/75-percentage booster,could get ugly for the cockies.
Noble Park 1/75 v Altona 124-disappointing effort from the A's,need to limit the damage here by bowling well.
Sunshine 120 vBroady 5/77-need a crystal ball,could be even an outright to either side,might stick to my original selection and go the Crows by a nostril.
Werribee v End Hills 8/361-home side would have to break a record to win this one,but not tomorrow.
Mt Wav v Yarra 190-toss a coin,Bartlett/Ferguson in great form,if both go cheaply the Eagles might get up.
Good luck to all.

yup good call......very interesting......
ill back us obviously......2 or 3 quickies plenty of pressure strangle them game over......i hope it pissed down in willy today....no covers on last night cause our curator wont pull them off and put them back on the friday so lets hope there is a little bit in it......ground ok a little slow also very hard to defend.......speakman for 5 of the best.......

melton though last 2 dayer 9/55 doesnt look good ill get on the disco stu train
boxhill
noble park
broady hope the sunshiners get up though.......that would make the ladders very interesting....
here we go tip of the week wezza to get the runs......
mt wav all over the eagles.......

*DaNcE HeRo*;195785 said:
well after that statement from you, seems your pretty full of yourself hey cocko, doesnt surprsie me though, with that cockiness you will only go downhill from here. yeh you should be happy with your efforts to get in the 1's but 1 thing a 16 year old chump shouldnt be doing is running his mouth on here.. anyway didnt think you would be so cocky after hodsgon neally knocked your head off on the weekend. lucky you were wearing a helmet hey?? didnt he cannon one into your helmet?? correct me if im wrong, i just have a lot of contacts, some might be a lot closer than you think ;)

your contacts are all wrong no where near the lid......

concrete;195814 said:
big call from you cocko..all you speak is crap!

get fairdinkum......talk subbies cricket....you will probably reply back saying you have been.....we all know your from melton give us reasons why melton will make the finals...1st's....talk on here say's you are struggling why is that has training changed???i wouldnt think melton have lost 22 players i got quoted 6 or 7 so give us the details why 1 of the best performing clubs in the west group are going backwards????maybe not the ones but the two's threes and fours??????or maybe horse head (dance hero) can give us a rundown......???

weapons05/06;195846 said:
get fairdinkum......talk subbies cricket....you will probably reply back saying you have been.....we all know your from melton give us reasons why melton will make the finals...1st's....talk on here say's you are struggling why is that has training changed???i wouldnt think melton have lost 22 players i got quoted 6 or 7 so give us the details why 1 of the best performing clubs in the west group are going backwards????maybe not the ones but the two's threes and fours??????or maybe horse head (dance hero) can give us a rundown......???

all the best today fellas I hope the best side wins on the day... and then smash beers tonight! oh yea thats what im talking about nollsy!@|

weapons05/06;195846 said:

ok reasons why melton 1sts will make the finals.... the batting has been a disgrace this year up until last sundays 1 dayer against noble, which was an awesome display by the champ butch gale, 15th subbies ton, great effort, and hopefully a good batting performance today will see the lions bats back in form and start posting winning scores. the big plus to the start of the season was we were 2-2 and out bats hadnt fired a shot which means our bowlers are bowling really well where the question was out at the start of the season after losing a number of 1st bowlers from last year. james wheelahan had been a revelation in the team, quality bowler, takes wickets and bowls tight. our 2 bad games have been against maybe the 2 best teams in the section willy and oakleigh so even on a good day we might have got beaten by both sides. were not gonna kid ourselves, this year we are a middle of the road team lacking a little firepower, however i think we will make finals and i think we can beat any team i nthe comp on our day... go lions.

we have lost 11 players from the first 2 sides last year, and some more from the 3s and 4s, maybe not 22 but still alot, we went from filling 5 sides easily to struggling to fill 4 at the start of the year but things are starting to come together and about 5-6 are missing out each week. players have left for all different reasons, it was just a coincidence that they left the same year. coaching opportunities... playing with mates... (prob because the training got too hard for some of them) living away from home etc. anyway the club is rebuilding and has a huge amount of young talent there and it is exciting times ahead even if we miss finals this year.

'oh were from melton.... red and the white... oh were from melton town'

dance hero i think melton can make the finals ...sure they have lost players but 1 or2 1st XI players that is an outragous call mate

*DaNcE HeRo*;195973 said:
ok reasons why melton 1sts will make the finals.... the batting has been a disgrace this year up until last sundays 1 dayer against noble, which was an awesome display by the champ butch gale, 15th subbies ton, great effort, and hopefully a good batting performance today will see the lions bats back in form and start posting winning scores. the big plus to the start of the season was we were 2-2 and out bats hadnt fired a shot which means our bowlers are bowling really well where the question was out at the start of the season after losing a number of 1st bowlers from last year. james wheelahan had been a revelation in the team, quality bowler, takes wickets and bowls tight. our 2 bad games have been against maybe the 2 best teams in the section willy and oakleigh so even on a good day we might have got beaten by both sides. were not gonna kid ourselves, this year we are a middle of the road team lacking a little firepower, however i think we will make finals and i think we can beat any team i nthe comp on our day... go lions.

we have lost 11 players from the first 2 sides last year, and some more from the 3s and 4s, maybe not 22 but still alot, we went from filling 5 sides easily to struggling to fill 4 at the start of the year but things are starting to come together and about 5-6 are missing out each week. players have left for all different reasons, it was just a coincidence that they left the same year. coaching opportunities... playing with mates... (prob because the training got too hard for some of them) living away from home etc. anyway the club is rebuilding and has a huge amount of young talent there and it is exciting times ahead even if we miss finals this year.

'oh were from melton.... red and the white... oh were from melton town'

yer good stuff......thats what we wanna hear.......positive stuff......

now some positive stuff from willy
rolled oaks for 103 with 1 of the most amazing spells of bowling i have seen.........
cam smith take a bow......8/33 dunno how many overs but just imagine his figures.....last week he finished with 1/21 off 5......lol so he took 7 for 12 today.......team lifting stuff.......oaks were in the contest but lost wickets in a row on a couple of ocasions......travaglia,hodgson,ensil didnt bother the scorers today......but the man of the moment did.........rohan smith took a blinder in the left mit......sheeds got the ball rolling with a quick couple of wickets at 7 fa 50 odd a little partnership got them to about 90 but wickets fell again once cam came back on.........second dig we were 3/60 odd i got 14 d.davis 30 odd drain a couple(r.h) along with sheeds and hodgey.......all in all the ones two's and three's all had good wins consolidating their spots in the top 4 which is great...pressure on for spots makes it an exciting place to be at the moment......2 more saturdays to go......a break.....then we get stuck back into it.........

GO WILLY

weapons05/06;196070 said:
yer good stuff......thats what we wanna hear.......positive stuff......

now some positive stuff from willy
rolled oaks for 103 with 1 of the most amazing spells of bowling i have seen.........
cam smith take a bow......8/33 dunno how many overs but just imagine his figures.....last week he finished with 1/21 off 5......lol so he took 7 for 12 today.......team lifting stuff.......oaks were in the contest but lost wickets in a row on a couple of ocasions......travaglia,hodgson,ensil didnt bother the scorers today......but the man of the moment did.........rohan smith took a blinder in the left mit......sheeds got the ball rolling with a quick couple of wickets at 7 fa 50 odd a little partnership got them to about 90 but wickets fell again once cam came back on.........second dig we were 3/60 odd i got 14 d.davis 30 odd drain a couple(r.h) along with sheeds and hodgey.......all in all the ones two's and three's all had good wins consolidating their spots in the top 4 which is great...pressure on for spots makes it an exciting place to be at the moment......2 more saturdays to go......a break.....then we get stuck back into it.........

GO WILLY

great win by willy. cam smith, top bloke great effort. i said at the start of the year use are a chance to go through the year undefeated, still a chance.

techno4;196010 said:
dance hero i think melton can make the finals ...sure they have lost players but 1 or2 1st XI players that is an outragous call mate

your statement makes no sense at all techno4, talk peoperly and get a better name.

amazing scores again yesterday, broady 5-77 chasing 120 finished the day 9-324, noble park smashing up 394 edmunds in fine touch got 89not on sunday and 145not yesterday not a bad effort.

Good win by Willy today.

Cameron Smith did bowl well today. The two LBWs seemed contentious, but that happens I guess.

How is Drain's back? How is Cam Smith's hamstring?

Brown looked solid but didn't capitalise on a dead second innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back