Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

ellabroz;358089 said:
Rumour has it a northern suburbs subbie club is moving to another location. Any truth?

Yes, Bundoora are moving from the school to another location.

Puppeteer;358143 said:
Yes, Bundoora are moving from the school to another location.

AK Lines, or Binnak Park?

This gets spoken about pretty much every season though.

Subbies season 09/10

Guys, Just wondering if anyone knows when the fixture is being released.
Looking forward to a hard and competitive season. Any big signings that anyone knows about.

Good news for the comp if Bundorra OP move grounds, played a 2's grand final (albeit a short one) out there a few years ago and was pretty disappointed with the condition of the ground and the pitch. Great social rooms however. Any chance they can move a few km's closer to Melbourne

Massive Hoop;358237 said:
Good news for the comp if Bundorra OP move grounds, played a 2's grand final (albeit a short one) out there a few years ago and was pretty disappointed with the condition of the ground and the pitch. Great social rooms however. Any chance they can move a few km's closer to Melbourne

I played a 2's game their last season and the outfield was outright dangerous. Pitch was ok but the outfield was crap.
Good news for the comp indeed if its true that they are moving.

Re: Subbies season 09/10

The captain of the last 2 Premier Cricket Premierships is Capt Coach at Bayswater this season.

ellabroz;358487 said:
not BOP. Another club...

So, the north clubs are:

Balwyn
Bundoora OP
Brunswick
Coburg
Ivanhoe
Kew
Preston

Out of those, besides BOP, Balwyn would be the only candidate, and that would be just down to Gordon Barnard Res (where I think the 3's and 4's play?) I'd have thought?. Unlikely though.

Brunswick have a great setup, and a good surface.

Coburg, being the VFL ground, have it pretty good. Although Coburg VFL will be playing games at Craigieburn next season, so maybe the cricket club will get booted? I've heard a few times that the two clubs have been at war for quite some time.

Preston have the best ground in subbies, though once again the VFL club could take precedence in some way?

Neither Kew or Ivanhoe have terrific grounds (especially Ivanhoe's, which has a horrible outfield), though I know alot of people at both clubs and none of them have told me of impending ground changes.

Unless there's been a late decision by a council to resurface a ground, then surely only BOPs are relocating?

EDIT: I've just been told that Cramer St is being resurfaced, so Preston are playing somewhere else for about the first half of the season.

No knowledge of this rumour, but for the record, Kew's ground at Victoria Park was re-surfaced a couple of years ago and is in good shape. Further, surely it would be one of the most picturesque in the competition.

10cc;358636 said:
No knowledge of this rumour, but for the record, Kew's ground at Victoria Park was re-surfaced a couple of years ago and is in good shape. Further, surely it would be one of the most picturesque in the competition.

Yeh i'd go along with that.
I played their last year and enjoyed it.
I also enjoyed playing at Brunswick, what a great grandstand it is that they have.

Have many clubs started pre-season?
Willy start on the 17th of August, bit later than in previous years but start training 3 times per week, I cannot wait.

Brunswick start this Sat, should be good to get down and see all the boys and get into it.

Definitely not us moving either, happy with our setup

English pro cricketer looking for a club this summer in Australia.
Has 1700 runs @ 81 & 37 wickets @ 12 in 3 years in the DDCA
England u/19 Representative currently with a County contract playing 1stx1 cricket untill inj this year.
26 years old.

After

Part time job
Air fares
Accomadation
& some renumeration

Great pick up for anyone on the verge of finals or just off the mark to winning that elusive premiership.
Contact Brett baernst35@hotmail.com

Had a quick scan of Subbie club website and here is the list of new recruits that have been announced on their websites:

Altona - Aaron Maynard - Camberwell Magpies
Balwyn - Ben Hanley - Templeton CC
Bayswater - Sean Flynn - Ringwood
Bundoora - Jesse McInnes - ex Ivanhoe CC
Endeavour Hills - John Hayes - Casey
Kew - Sam McTaggert - Northcote LLoyd Devlin Camberwell Magpies
Ormond - Sam McLeod - NZ
Yarraville - Matthew Love - Footscray

I am sure there are more but they are not mentioned on their club websites.

RexyRef;358753 said:
Had a quick scan of Subbie club website and here is the list of new recruits that have been announced on their websites:

Altona - Aaron Maynard - Camberwell Magpies
Balwyn - Ben Hanley - Templeton CC
Bayswater - Sean Flynn - Ringwood
Bundoora - Jesse McInnes - ex Ivanhoe CC
Endeavour Hills - John Hayes - Casey
Kew - Sam McTaggert - Northcote LLoyd Devlin Camberwell Magpies
Ormond - Sam McLeod - NZ
Yarraville - Matthew Love - Footscray

I am sure there are more but they are not mentioned on their club websites.
What's happened to Joyce and Harper at Balwyn? Are they still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back