Subbies Thread

Love your contributions and loved playing Kingston. But now gone to another comp. look forward to reading your comments on Premier thread.

Pretty harsh, but I guess you have a point given neither Parkdale nor KH are in the subbies. Your post prompts me to ask where you stand in respect to Phil O'Meara remaining on the subbies executive? There may be good reason for it, but I have no idea what it is.

Pretty harsh, but I guess you have a point given neither Parkdale nor KH are in the subbies. Your post prompts me to ask where you stand in respect to Phil O'Meara remaining on the subbies executive? There may be good reason for it, but I have no idea what it is.

Phil O'Meara was unanimously voted to remain on the VSDCA Executive as Chairman and VP by 56 VSDCA Club Delegates given his invaluable experience and expertise as well as importance to the VSDCA as a whole.

Ridiculously coy and flippant statements being expressed here.

As for Brightboy questioning as to what club Phil represents, maybe he should engage his 2 club Delegates for background on Phil's specially elected 12 month appointment to the VSDCA.

As for any suggestion that SuperSaint should take his comments elsewhere given he is no longer associated with a VSDCA club, out of interest - who are you associated with?

Here's a novel and refreshing idea, how's about we don't run down significant contributors to club, Association or the game as a whole.

Love your contributions and loved playing Kingston. But now gone to another comp. look forward to reading your comments on Premier thread.
Interesting comments. Given that Scratch bagged my club on this forum/thread, thought it made sense to refute on thread. Interesting that they have now been charged nfirmed personally by Parkdale as rubbish.

I am still interested in the Subbies comp, who knows, could be back in it........

And boys, before you start bagging someone like Phil O'Meara, you had better be ready to take up some of the slack he would leave. Fair to say people more attuned to running their clubs are happy to have him remain.

Phil O'Meara was unanimously voted to remain on the VSDCA Executive as Chairman and VP by 56 VSDCA Club Delegates given his invaluable experience and expertise as well as importance to the VSDCA as a whole.

As for Brightboy questioning as to what club Phil represents, maybe he should engage his 2 club Delegates for background on Phil's specially elected 12 month appointment to the VSDCA.

As for any suggestion that SuperSaint should take his comments elsewhere given he is no longer associated with a VSDCA club, out of interest - who are you associated with?

Here's a novel and refreshing idea, how's about we don't run down significant contributors to club, Association or the game as a whole.

My question was valid, and the explanation provided in the first para of your post was not unexpected. You cannot pre-suppose that all posters on this forum are as well informed on such issues as you. At times, I look to this forum to become better informed on certain issues.

Interesting comments. Given that Scratch bagged my club on this forum/thread, thought it made sense to refute on thread. Interesting that they have now been charged nfirmed personally by Parkdale as rubbish.

I am still interested in the Subbies comp, who knows, could be back in it........

Why not go back into it! Why should you make yourself a martyr to the interests of CV? It has used your club as a means to suit its ends and responsibilities. Ben Wood's summation of this issue suggest his club could lose 70% or so of its existing membership in the event it was to take the Kingston Saints path. I have to wonder how many of your members seriously thought through the implications of their decision.

On a lighter note, I am pleased to advise 79/80 Ryder Medallist and 85/86 RM Hatch Medallist whilst playing for Sunshine, Barry Watson, has decided to have a go at umpiring. Always a thorough gentleman both on and off the field, I have no doubt you will all be on your best behaviour when he fronts up to umpire your match!
His team-mate at Footscray, Rex Bennett, will give Stoney a hand in the coaching role at Sunshine (despite Bennett having been sacked as senior coach just prior to 2013/14 and Weapons appointed in his stead). I admire him for that, particularly as he is still owed money by Sunshine from his stint as coach.
I have been advised that, in recent seasons, Dick Norris has been particularly helpful to Sunshine in providing guidance in the preparation financial reports meeting the subbies requirements, and I take this opportunity to thank him.

Why not go back into it! Why should you make yourself a martyr to the interests of CV? It has used your club as a means to suit its ends and responsibilities. Ben Wood's summation of this issue suggest his club could lose 70% or so of its existing membership in the event it was to take the Kingston Saints path. I have to wonder how many of your members seriously thought through the implications of their decision.
Valid points. Whether it is right or wrong, educated or uneducated, the membership has decided and we move on.

Valid points. Whether it is right or wrong, educated or uneducated, the membership has decided and we move on.

I fully understand ''we move on'', but that is of no consolation to you in the event you wish to continue active involvement in the subbies. As far as that goes, the club has effectively left you, not the reverse.

I fully understand ''we move on'', but that is of no consolation to you in the event you wish to continue active involvement in the subbies. As far as that goes, the club has effectively left you, not the reverse.
Mate, unfortunately that is how it goes. I certainly won't hold a grudge against the club. It has given me 25+ years of great memories and I owe it, it doesn't owe me anything.

First time I've agreed with something that you have said.

On a lighter note, I am pleased to advise 79/80 Ryder Medallist and 85/86 RM Hatch Medallist whilst playing for Sunshine, Barry Watson, has decided to have a go at umpiring. Always a thorough gentleman both on and off the field, I have no doubt you will all be on your best behaviour when he fronts up to umpire your match!
His team-mate at Footscray, Rex Bennett, will give Stoney a hand in the coaching role at Sunshine (despite Bennett having been sacked as senior coach just prior to 2013/14 and Weapons appointed in his stead). I admire him for that, particularly as he is still owed money by Sunshine from his stint as coach.
I have been advised that, in recent seasons, Dick Norris has been particularly helpful to Sunshine in providing guidance in the preparation financial reports meeting the subbies requirements, and I take this opportunity to thank him.

Barry 'Watto' Watson is a Champion of a Bloke and player (obviously). Wish him all the best in his Umpiring endeavours. Hope he reports anyone that gives him lip!

Anyone know whether the subbies 1sts and 2nds will follow Premier in changing the starting date to 2nd October? The sooner we curators are advised the better.

The VSDCA Executive will be making a decision this evening with regards to the scheduled start date of the Round 1 2015/2016 fixture. This decision will then be disseminated to affiliate club officials.

I'm very confident that most clubs are conscious of the need to engage curation and commence work as soon as both possible and allowable following the end of the local football season. This noted, I wouldn't have thought that there would be a significant material or tangible difference in preparation between a Friday 2 October or Sunday 4 October start date.

Dare suggest that there are probably greater logistical/operational issues for the VSDCA Exec to consider than the prospect of an additional 2 days wicket preparation time.

The VSDCA Executive will be making a decision this evening with regards to the scheduled start date of the Round 1 2015/2016 fixture. This decision will then be disseminated to affiliate club officials.

I'm very confident that most clubs are conscious of the need to engage curation and commence work as soon as both possible and allowable following the end of the local football season. This noted, I wouldn't have thought that there would be a significant material or tangible difference in preparation between a Friday 2 October or Sunday 4 October start date.

Dare suggest that there are probably greater logistical/operational issues for the VSDCA Exec to consider than the prospect of an additional 2 days wicket preparation time.

So your council curator would work the Friday public holiday and the Saturday to prepare your deck?

So your council curator would work the Friday public holiday and the Saturday to prepare your deck?

Don't have a Council Curator.

This noted, again - Dare suggest that there are probably greater logistical/operational issues for the VSDCA Exec to consider than the prospect of an additional 2 days wicket preparation time.

How's about we entrust the elected Executive of the VSDCA to make a decision and announce and we take from there. Where opinions have needed to be sought, I am sure that they have been and an informed decision will be made by those entrusted to make such decisions.

Just bloody vote to play Friday so we can enjoy GF day! Fair dinkum if you don't you OC's on the committee should be forced to play for us on Sunday ...

Back