Subbies Thread

rang1

Hi All,

It has been awhile since a new thread and 11/12 is two years ago now. Lets get a new thread cranking here!

My prediction for North/South

Plenty Valley
Coburg
Ormond
Elsternwick
Caulfield
Balwyn
Ivanhoe
Birghton
Malvern
Preston
Brunswick
Moorabin
Kingston Saints
Kew

Plenty Valley
Coburg
Ormond
Elsternwick
Caulfield
Balwyn
Ivanhoe
Birghton
Malvern
Preston
Brunswick
Moorabin
Kingston Saints
Kew

NOt sure about Elsternwick and Brighton, they may struggle. Saints will be higher as well, may push for finals again.

Malvern will finish higher than the three teams listed directly above them, Kingston should be in the mid tier/finals mix.

Brighton could surprise if they promote from their super strong second XI, any word on Caulfield recruits?

Malvern will finish higher than the three teams listed directly above them, Kingston should be in the mid tier/finals mix.

Brighton could surprise if they promote from their super strong second XI, any word on Caulfield recruits?

Malvern have lost Perrera which is massive and only picked up a quick so I think they will battle this season. Not heard anything about Caulfield except that they might have picked up a quick from StKilda but no sure who it is.

Malvern have lost Perrera which is massive and only picked up a quick so I think they will battle this season. Not heard anything about Caulfield except that they might have picked up a quick from StKilda but no sure who it is.

Singh staying?

Plenty Valley
Coburg
Ormond
Elsternwick
Caulfield
Balwyn
Ivanhoe
Birghton
Malvern
Preston
Brunswick
Moorabin
Kingston Saints
Kew
Second last??? An interesting ladder rang. Are you from the North or South?

I offer the following:
- Don't seem to have lost anyone at this point, however, whether the Poms we had last year return is always a question;
- Currently looking at a couple of quick bowlers, 1 a local cricketer who we think we have over the line, one a seasoned campaigner who may add a fair bit. Will be the first to know if/when they are signed;
- Look for a big season from Rohan Best. After walking in off the street, played 5 games, and averaged over 50, a full season will see plenty, along with his little left armers;
- The negative is that we play 'on the road'. However, as Willy showed a few years ago, can turn a negative into a positive.

I look at the South teams you've picked above us and offer the following:

Moorabbin: Who have they picked up and will Pradeep still be there?
Malvern: Alford will make a difference, but losing Perera is a blow
Brighton: Losing Manser and McDonald is a huge blow, is Whatham back?
Caulfield: Who have they picked up?
Elsternwick: Always solid and will be there abouts
Ormond: Wild a good in, question is will Hansen play?

I can't really comment on the North teams except to say PV will be there abouts. I would also thing Balwyn and Ivanhoe would have to have picked up a few and Balwyn's coach has gone to Bayswater.

Someone wrote us off very early as finishing low and we proved that pundit wrong, hopefully we will do so again!

Second last??? An interesting ladder rang. Are you from the North or South?

I offer the following:
- Don't seem to have lost anyone at this point, however, whether the Poms we had last year return is always a question;
- Currently looking at a couple of quick bowlers, 1 a local cricketer who we think we have over the line, one a seasoned campaigner who may add a fair bit. Will be the first to know if/when they are signed;
- Look for a big season from Rohan Best. After walking in off the street, played 5 games, and averaged over 50, a full season will see plenty, along with his little left armers;
- The negative is that we play 'on the road'. However, as Willy showed a few years ago, can turn a negative into a positive.

I look at the South teams you've picked above us and offer the following:

Moorabbin: Who have they picked up and will Pradeep still be there?
Malvern: Alford will make a difference, but losing Perera is a blow
Brighton: Losing Manser and McDonald is a huge blow, is Whatham back?
Caulfield: Who have they picked up?
Elsternwick: Always solid and will be there abouts
Ormond: Wild a good in, question is will Hansen play?

I can't really comment on the North teams except to say PV will be there abouts. I would also thing Balwyn and Ivanhoe would have to have picked up a few and Balwyn's coach has gone to Bayswater.

Someone wrote us off very early as finishing low and we proved that pundit wrong, hopefully we will do so again!

Just not 100% sure your mob can back it up - I think a lot relies on Entwhistle and like you said, you're on the road. I would happily see you guys succeed however.

I believe Caulfield have lost some depth? Could hurt. Brighton still a good all round team even without Manser. Malvern seemed like a bit of a rabble last year and i expect that to continue. Elsternwick to go ok - like you said. Strong word is Hansen will play.

Welcome to new season. Bit early for predictions. Manser and McDonald were big contributors on the field. Couple of big ins expected plus ongoing successful junior program suggests real depth. Will be competitive and looking forward to travelling north. Where are PVCC playing now ?

My sources tell me the fast bowler Caulfield picked up from St Kilda is Singh's mate from NZ. Also interestingly, St Kilda gave him the 'lemonade and sars' last year, so probably wouldn't think he'll be a gun recruit.

A couple of updates from Twitter. Monto left Malvern for Mordialloc in the DDCA. Box Hill have appointed ex-Preston bat Paul Gloury as captain, to go with ex-AFL ump M.
Vozzo as playing coach. Mitch Jonestone from ESS to Broady.

A couple of updates from Twitter. Monto left Malvern for Mordialloc in the DDCA. Box Hill have appointed ex-Preston bat Paul Gloury as captain, to go with ex-AFL ump M.
Perera interesting. Word was he was going to Noble, obvioudly the Mordi Social Club has had a huge 12 months.

Mitch Johnstone is a really good pick up for Broady, he will go well for them. As has been mentioned Perrera will be a huge loss for Roosters who I am tipping to slide a bit.

Back