Subbies Thread

According to the Kingston Saints website / newsletter, Hawthorn have also been in discussions with them in regards to a possible merger.
Without claiming to know all the facts:
- Believe HMU were talking with Noble, but were unhappy with where things were going;
- They spoke to the Saints about the possibility of merger, we were open to the proposal, but wanted more information;
- Unbeknown to us, talks with Dandenong occurred, with, I assume, a merger agreed. Apparently the only thing stopping this deal is Dandenong members not ratifuing the deal (need 75% of the vote or more).

Without claiming to know all the facts:
- Believe HMU were talking with Noble, but were unhappy with where things were going;
- They spoke to the Saints about the possibility of merger, we were open to the proposal, but wanted more information;
- Unbeknown to us, talks with Dandenong occurred, with, I assume, a merger agreed. Apparently the only thing stopping this deal is Dandenong members not ratifuing the deal (need 75% of the vote or more).

Never thought the Noble merger would gain CV support. Heading to Bayside region makes perfect sense, distance between St Kilda and Frankston-Peninsula is as big as Footscray to Geelong so the case for a Premier club in that area is as strong as the case for Werribee coming in which has been promoted as likely. I just don't get the Dandenong takeover option, seems the only thing in it for Dandenong would be $$$ from CV. Reading between the lines, looks like Kingston Saints were blindsided by the Dandenong discussions, that Kingston thought HMU were fully on board. Says a little bit about the integrity of HMU folk if they did not inform Kingston of the Dandenong discussions. Thoughts on that SS?

Never thought the Noble merger would gain CV support. Heading to Bayside region makes perfect sense, distance between St Kilda and Frankston-Peninsula is as big as Footscray to Geelong so the case for a Premier club in that area is as strong as the case for Werribee coming in which has been promoted as likely. I just don't get the Dandenong takeover option, seems the only thing in it for Dandenong would be $$$ from CV. Reading between the lines, looks like Kingston Saints were blindsided by the Dandenong discussions, that Kingston thought HMU were fully on board. Says a little bit about the integrity of HMU folk if they did not inform Kingston of the Dandenong discussions. Thoughts on that SS?
Wouldn't say fully on board, however, we were progressing not knowing that there were other suitors.
We have been told that if the Dandenong move falls over, we are the next option, fair to assume that talks will be different if that happens.

Wouldn't say fully on board, however, we were progressing not knowing that there were other suitors.
We have been told that if the Dandenong move falls over, we are the next option, fair to assume that talks will be different if that happens.

I am sure they would be very different. Hopefully Dandenong members vote against but difficult to see that occurring if all they have to give up is a few square metres of wall space for some dusty honour boards. I suspect the financial benefits will be considerable. They won't gain very much by way of players so really what other incentive could there be?

I am sure they would be very different. Hopefully Dandenong members vote against but difficult to see that occurring if all they have to give up is a few square metres of wall space for some dusty honour boards. I suspect the financial benefits will be considerable. They won't gain very much by way of players so really what other incentive could there be?
I suspect cash and probably a sizeable amount!

Fernando has gone to a local club (non-Sub District) in the Western suburbs as captain/coach I think.

My North-West ladder prediction:

Plenty Valley
Werribee
Altona
Kew
Brunswick
Balwyn
Melton
Williamstown
Ivanhoe
Preston
Sunshine

with a new season brings new challenges the boxes are being ticked on and off the field with a positive vibe around we WILL improve on last seasons results and WILL continue to promote the s.c.c as a club demanding constant improvement across the board from the u/11's to the first xl.....apart from the werribee oakleigh and ormond outright loss last year can comfortably say with the 3 wins we were at times in winnable positions in another 4 or 5 games noble park melton altona willy games stand out in terms of us being super competitive.....the mssg is quite simple we WILL compete physicallymentallyemotionally for the s.c.c in 14/15....

we are under no illusions there WILL be ups and downs and disgruntled people from outside voicing their opinions which cant be stopped internally the commitment is there we know where we are at and thats all that matters......cant wait for coburg giddy up!!!!

with a new season brings new challenges the boxes are being ticked on and off the field with a positive vibe around we WILL improve on last seasons results and WILL continue to promote the s.c.c as a club demanding constant improvement across the board from the u/11's to the first xl.....apart from the werribee oakleigh and ormond outright loss last year can comfortably say with the 3 wins we were at times in winnable positions in another 4 or 5 games noble park melton altona willy games stand out in terms of us being super competitive.....the mssg is quite simple we WILL compete physicallymentallyemotionally for the s.c.c in 14/15....

we are under no illusions there WILL be ups and downs and disgruntled people from outside voicing their opinions which cant be stopped internally the commitment is there we know where we are at and thats all that matters......cant wait for coburg giddy up!!!!
Settle down old chap

If I am in the above category you can cross me off your list as made clear in my post on p27. You are very well aware that the club's problems have not been caused by outsiders voicing their opinions on internal mismanagement. Yes, irritating to those at whose feet the blame must be laid, but that is all. I have a great deal of respect for my neighbour who is the new president and will not do anything to cause him distress. I liken the task ahead of him, and his committee, to that of mending the wreckage following a china shop that has been managed for a while by a couple of elephants. I do not recall you and I having ever met, but people who do know you I have spoken to say you are a good bloke--entirely different to the impression one may get simply fr posts on this forum. You will not find any post of mine having been critical of your perfomance. I understand the difficulty of your job. I hope the changes in the club's management team will be helpful to you.

At this point, I must say I am a little intrigued by the lack of player/coach announcements from a lot of clubs.
Certainly from my experience at the Saints, the sooner appointments and announcements are made, the quicker you can get a good vibe happening at the club. Delay leads to suspicion, which could lead to players considering coming to your club going elsewhere.

At this point, I must say I am a little intrigued by the lack of player/coach announcements from a lot of clubs.
Certainly from my experience at the Saints, the sooner appointments and announcements are made, the quicker you can get a good vibe happening at the club. Delay leads to suspicion, which could lead to players considering coming to your club going elsewhere.
Not to mention blokes from the club without any appointment thinking of leaving as well.

Weiss captain of moorabbin? Kidding me... If he's captain of moorabbin I'm half a chance for the Aussie team!

If you're referring to Brighton then I wouldn't be concerned, the 3 'ins' they have are very,very good. Just because it's not public knowledge on Social Media doesn't mean signings haven't been made.

Back