Bayswater
Ivanhoe
RPB
Mt Waverley
Coburg
Croydon
Brunswick
Preston

Endeavour Hills in the Top 6? Winning 3 games would be a huge effort for them, given they've lost almost all of their first 3 XI's.

Dare say the East is now a lot weaker minus Oakleigh, however Kew will present most teams with sufficient challenges.

An early thought would be: Noble Park, Kew, Box Hill, Bayswater, Plenty Valley, Balwyn - in no particular order.

South will have a lot of very very good matches this year! The combination of Caulfield, Oakleigh, Ormond, Malvern and Brighton will make for some ripping viewing. Will be some unlucky teams in the South/West this season.

Endeavour Hills in the Top 6? Winning 3 games would be a huge effort for them, given they've lost almost all of their first 3 XI's.

Dare say the East is now a lot weaker minus Oakleigh, however Kew will present most teams with sufficient challenges.

An early thought would be: Noble Park, Kew, Box Hill, Bayswater, Plenty Valley, Balwyn - in no particular order.

South will have a lot of very very good matches this year! The combination of Caulfield, Oakleigh, Ormond, Malvern and Brighton will make for some ripping viewing. Will be some unlucky teams in the South/West this season.
Yep, can't see Endeavour making finals, although I do believe they have kept Zac Allen. At least they can build a team around him.

Both big outs for a year and half year respetively, but I'm sure Caulfield will have replacements in the wings. They are very good at replacing like for like.

Long-time leader of the MVP Rankings Chris Rushworth is officially the Most Valuable Player of the 2015 domestic season.

The Durham opening bowler finished 42 points clear of Kent’s Darren Stevens, who came second for the second season in succession. Last year’s winner, Jeetan Patel, was third after a strong final week helped him climb four places.

Rushworth took 100 wickets across all formats and became the first bowler since 2007 to take over 80 wickets in the LV= County Championship. He won the Championship MVP by a staggering 104 points.

Who is and isn't getting a wicket up Friday?

Can pretty confidently say my club won't be at this point.
What's been the problem at your club? Kick off only a day earlier than usual, and weather has been perfect for preparation! With an El Nino developing don't know if it'll be a good year for military mediums this year.

What's been the problem at your club? Kick off only a day earlier than usual, and weather has been perfect for preparation! With an El Nino developing don't know if it'll be a good year for military mediums this year.[/QUOT

Every ground is different as there are different Football Club's involved.

With Williamstown VFL getting through to the GF it has made it very tough on us to get a wicket up, fingers crossed we can.

It happens most years because of footy commitments on some grounds and very little grass growth on the centre wickets table.

It takes a li'll more than dusting off the carpet and buying a new box of chalk to get the season underway, so cut them some slack.

It happens most years because of footy commitments on some grounds and very little grass growth on the centre wickets table.

It takes a li'll more than dusting off the carpet and buying a new box of chalk to get the season underway, so cut them some slack.
Thanks mate, I know the work it takes. My point simply being, subbies often get away week one. And you couldn't have hoped for much more accomodating weather in the lead up to Round 1, so, why will clubs struggle to get wickets up R1?

And, things like football tenants going deep into finals is a perfectly understandable reason.

Thanks mate, I know the work it takes. My point simply being, subbies often get away week one. And you couldn't have hoped for much more accomodating weather in the lead up to Round 1, so, why will clubs struggle to get wickets up R1?

And, things like football tenants going deep into finals is a perfectly understandable reason.
It will be interesting to see if Bayswater can get a wicket up? That ground hosted the EFL grand final 11 days ago, which the mighty Balwyn Tigers won.
If Bayswater can get a wicket ready, there aren't too many excuses for the rest of the comp, given the favourable weather conditions

Speaking of not having time to get a wicket up, have a look at the sunnies Twitter page and the wicket at Kew. Glad I won't be bowling on that

Back