Subbies Thread

This one doing the rounds on the DVCA thread :

"Plenty valley captain brad Mitchell to play at research Eltham collegians. Also linked with Simon bray . Brad signing a 3 year deal"

Anyone confirm or Deny ?
Definitely won't be at Plenty Valley. As to where he ends up. Nothing confirmed I believe as yet with 2 DVCA Barclay Shield sides in the mix, including one that will deny their interest.

Great appointment by Brighton with Sam Kindlen as coach .With 1st class experience in England the youngest coach to gain top level accreditation in UK and Australia will be fantastic.

Great appointment by Brighton with Sam Kindlen as coach .With 1st class experience in England the youngest coach to gain top level accreditation in UK and Australia will be fantastic.

Sounds like this coach might last longer than the last... any other recruits on the horizon for the boys from brighton beach?

Harsh. Although does take me back to one of the funnier posts I've seen when RPB said they'd offered him a "5 year deal" to not head to Werribee

To be fair, if Werribee hadn't sacked him his aim was always to coach Premier and believed when he was heading to Werribee he would achieve that through their move into Premier cricket. I think he was poorly advised and probably doesnt look back too fondly of that time.

Fascinating to see what team he plays in and how effective a Club Coach can be if he's playing in their 2nds/3rds...Essendon have an abundance of spinners, seems an odd fit for Essendon to pick up a playing coach.

Subbies Team of the Year - Squad of 24 announced

Aaron Fenton (Croydon)
Brad Erasmus (Elsternwick)
Brent McMinn (Williamstown)
Chris Thompson (Kew)
Daniel Gledhill (Kew)
David McKay (Brunswick)
Graeme Rummans (Caulfield)
Issy Perera (Noble Park)
Jacob Thorne (Caulfield)
James Pearson (Box Hill)
Justin Lampard (Box Hill)
Liam Fitzpatrick (Balwyn)
Luke Robinson (Plenty Valley)
Matt Love (Yarraville)
Mitch Carey (Balwyn)
Nick Chamberlain (wk) (Kew)
Patrick Matautaava (Coburg)
Paul Gloury (Box Hill)
Paul Hill (wk) (Noble Park)
Rodney Bird (Ormond)
Shannon Clarke (Altona)
Simon Normanton (Oakleigh)
Wayne White (Malvern)
Yoshan Kumara (Taylors Lakes)

Thorne, Love and Kumara are my early tips - will have a closer look at the form during the week.

I think if Yarraville had won a few more games that Love would have romped it in but considering they didn't he will probably poll a lot of 1 and 2 votes.

As always, helps being an all rounder and for that reason Thorne and Kumara should be right there at the end.

Thanks for the update Brad. Can you fill us in as to why you left PV?

It might have something to do with Plenty Valley doing the ring around just after their season fell apart after 20 or so overs in the GF.
Have heard they approached a few people to take over the captaining role whilst Mitchell (who was still under the impression that his position was fine) was unaware of this happening.
He caught wind of it and proceeded to look elsewhere.
Quite poor from PV if you ask me

It might have something to do with Plenty Valley doing the ring around just after their season fell apart after 20 or so overs in the GF.
Have heard they approached a few people to take over the captaining role whilst Mitchell (who was still under the impression that his position was fine) was unaware of this happening.
He caught wind of it and proceeded to look elsewhere.
Quite poor from PV if you ask me

James Dickinson from Essendon signed as their new Captain.

I've gone round-by-round votes for the Val Holten Medal for some of the favourites and it looks like this:

J.Thorne 22
Y.Kumara 19
M.Love 14
B.Erasmus 14
R.Bird 12

I'll go through the rest of the contenders tomorrow, but looks like B2B.

Back