Swann Retires

Nope, just can not spell the word is lacking.
You seem to find the greatness in a bloke that has never been the best of personalities. We all like our hero's but be objective, i always liked Ricky Ponting as a player but he was somewhat childish when things did not go his way, the Steve Waugh was one of my all time hates, could not stand the guy but i can still admit he was a very great player.
You seem to think Swann bled it all out for the red white and blue, but don't fool yourself he did it for his million dollar pay packet.

Dunno, I met Graeme a few times when I lived in Nottingham and he seemed like a decent guy. I certainly think you would be hard-pressed to find any quotes from team mates who would describe him as anything other than a fantastic dressing room presence over the past 8 years.

It just seems to me that the people that were surprised and "shocked" by his retirement obviously don't follow cricket very closely. Anyone who followed the English cricket team knows that he hasn't been bowling at his best for the past 2 years and could easily have retired 12 months ago.

The cricketers that are doing it for the money instead of for the pride in playing for their country are easy to spot: they're the blokes that retire from test cricket to go and play in the IPL instead.

Nope, just can not spell the word is lacking.
You seem to find the greatness in a bloke that has never been the best of personalities. We all like our hero's but be objective, i always liked Ricky Ponting as a player but he was somewhat childish when things did not go his way, the Steve Waugh was one of my all time hates, could not stand the guy but i can still admit he was a very great player.
You seem to think Swann bled it all out for the red white and blue, but don't fool yourself he did it for his million dollar pay packet.

Pretty scathing. Can I assume you spent a lot of time in the English dressing room to observe his personality first hand? Was it during this time that he told you he was doing it for the money?

Back