Symonds involved in Bar Fight

Jonesy

Symonds involved in Bar Fight

The international career of Andrew Symonds could hang in the balance after the all-rounder was allegedly involved in a physical altercation at a Brisbane pub.

Symonds was understood to have been drinking at the popular Normanby Hotel in Red Hill with several members of the Australian rugby league team when the fight commenced. The incident is believed to have occurred on Sunday evening, some 12 hours after the Australian cricket team sealed a 149-run victory over New Zealand in the first Test at the Gabba, and involved a confrontation between Symonds and a member of the public.

New threat to Andrew Symonds's career - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

Andrew Symonds in alleged bar fight

Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds is alleged to have been involved in a fight with a member of the public at a well-known Brisbane pub only 12 hours after the finish of the first test against New Zealand.

The incident occured at the highly popular Normandy Hotel where Symonds was drinking with members of the Australian rugby league team with the altercation occuring on Sunday evening.

It appears Cricket Australia now has a tough choice to make with Symonds on his last warning and the recent test being his second game back in Australian colours.

Symonds in alleged bar fight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh-oh. Very bad news. I'm hoping Symonds was provoked otherwise it could be the end of his international career.

This is not good at all.

Re: Rumour: Symonds involved in Bar Fight

schwab2clarkson;285416 said:
Let's hope that it was all bs. There are plenty of people who impersonate Roy these days.
Someone impersonating Symonds? Are you serious! :eek:

Must've been a big bunch of great actors then........ ;)

Symonds had been drinking with members of the Australian rugby league team about six hours after the Australian cricket team had sealed a 149-run win over New Zealand at the Gabba. Mitchell Johnson, Brad Haddin and Jason Krejza were also at the Normanby on Sunday evening, but Symonds is understood to have been in the company of the rugby league players at the time of the altercation. The remainder of the Australian cricket team had gone to their respective hotels at the conclusion of the first Test.

A man, understood to be an official with the Australian armed forces, allegedly threw two punches at Symonds after being refused a photograph with the Australian all-rounder about 6.30pm at the popular Normanby Hotel. It is not clear whether Symonds retaliated, but witnesses said he left the bar shortly afterwards and returned to the Australian team hotel.

CA is investigating whether Symonds started the brawl or was merely targeted by the man, who was subsequently ejected by hotel security staff. Should it emerge Symonds was the instigator, CA could choose to scrap his contract as he was effectively on a final warning for behavioural infractions after the infamous "gone fishing" saga in Darwin. CA could also opt for lighter penalties, or total exoneration, if Symonds is deemed to have been the victim.

Symonds under cloud after pub fight - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

I'd like to think that he was the victim- but who knows- the truth will come out shortly I'm sure! ;)

Re: Symonds involved in Bar Fight

I think he will be fine over this one.

Why would you throw a punch at the monster of a man who is Symonds? Suicidal

We all saw what he did to that streaker last year, D.K's right, Id hate to cop a punch from him, hes a big boy.

I don't think Symonds is in danger. It was the guy who threw punches at Symonds.

schwab2clarkson;285416 said:
Let's hope that it was all bs. There are plenty of people who impersonate Roy these days.
Must have been a very good impersonator then because he managed to fool Symonds himself.

Dead Set, are you kidding?
Pretty much my response to what is happening in Andrew Symonds' brain at the moment, or not happening to be more precise.
Does this guy have any idea at all how lucky he is to be playing for his Country?
Does he have any inkling how lucky he was to be in the 11 for the last match (he certainly wasn't picked on form).
Does he know what "last chance" means?
Is he stupid? or just a Queenslander? Is there a difference? What's for breakfast?

Now don't get me wrong, I love a beer as much as the next bloke (more I thought) and I hate media beat-up's.
And while I don't think Roy should be a bradmanesque tee-totaller (it took an average of 99.9whatever to get the rest of the team to tolerate him) or wrap himself in cotton-wool, but he probably should have a good hard think about his situation, or if that is beyond him he could pay someone to do some thinking for him.

Just think to yourself Roy, before going out "is this a good idea? time? company? Could anything bad happen?"

Having a few beers to celebrate a test win, if only against the lamb lovers, is fine. Commiserating with mates who just dropped the world cup, if only playing Rugby League, is fine too.
But probably not in Public you fool.

When oh when are sportsmen going to realise that they don't have to have done anything wrong in particular? Just be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
It's pretty easy guys, but for the dimmer ones out there and oh Roy...I mean oh boy there are a few, here are some tips.
Don't do drugs.
Don't drink to excess.
Don't accept lifts home from bikies after leaving a strip club at 2am.
Don't take your mobile phone on tour in England.
Best not to squeeze that woman's breast.
If on one's last chance best not to be drinking in public less than a fortnight after telling people you are going to be a good boy from now on.

Maybe it IS too hard.
Just pay someone to think for you

Ponsford;285854 said:
If on one's last chance best not to be drinking in public less than a fortnight after telling people you are going to be a good boy from now on.

You raise a good point Ponsford. After all his apoligies to team mates, Cricket Australia and his supporters he should not be putting him in any sort of situation that could have a negative effect. People who are affected by booze do random things and they react in different ways.

Don't put yourself in situations that can get out of control.

And welcome to the forum Ponsford

Welcome Ponsford, and great point, he shouldnt have put himself in that nasty sitch..

Back