T20 Batting Tips?

Re: T20 Batting Tips?

Like previously mentioned, rotate the strike. Especially if your opening you need not lose wickets and put your middle order under pressure. Try to score off as many balls as possible. Because it is a T20 make sure you also attack those bad balls and make the bowler pay for bowling crap.

Alternatively, one of you could attack and try to hit boundaries and the other one rotates the strike. When one of you falls go back to option one.

I hope that helps.

Jonesy;321053 said:
Does anyone have any tips for opening the batting in T20s? I'm not really a super batsman, but I top scored last game when I had to fill in the opening spot because one of our openers was injured, and the other opener struggled, so I may have to take the spot again. Any tips? Thanks.

It is the place to bat in Twenty20, you have the best of the conditions. Yes you might have to face the quicker bowlers, the ball might swing around a little but the plus side is the field is up and the ball will come off the bat a lot easier.

Be conventional but devestating. If the ball is on the stumps and a good enough ball defend it. But the bowler gives you any width you go after it, throw the whole kitchen sink at it. You don't need to hit the ball in the air at all. Just be confident in your square drives, cover drives, leg side shots etc.

What I have seen with the field placements is with the quicker bowlers a third man and a fine leg is always always there to start off with. Don't be afraid to use your feet to the quicker bowlers, give yourself plenty of room and hit through the ball over the top or along the ground.

And finally if you are confident in sendign the ball in the air a nice and relative shot in the early overs is a flick over midwicket. You can create that shot by moving across to the off stump or just stand normally. Just be confident in your own ability.

Well I've never batted in T20's but I have batted at the death. I personally don't go for the big shots, instead I rotate the strike. I mix it up a bit. I walk across to outside off (sometimes outside leg but not as much, remember they can't bowl down leg), I charge to pace bowlers or spinners (this is good way to pinch a single to mid-on or mid-off and it helps in getting some momentum into a shot over the top) or just stay in my normal position. But yeah mix it up a bit, then the bowler won't know what to bowl.

Does anyone know what a good personal score is?
My team has played a couple twenty20's, and last one I was the highest scorer on 35 off 28.

Is this a good score or should I be getting more?

Unspinable;325848 said:
My team has played a couple twenty20's, and last one I was the highest scorer on 35 off 28.

Depends on the context of the game to be honest. Any innings at more than a run a ball is good, especially in Twenty20, when you're typically looking to go at 7/8 an over.

Context is everything. However, I would look more at strike rate than overall score. I think that's more relevant in T20 where you might only face 20 balls even as a top order batsman!

Back