Test XI Selection Thread

Really sad news about the passing of Max Walker. Genuine guy, and always with a smile on his face, and a funny story to tell. Great Test career, and also played 99 games for Melbourne in the VFL/AFL. I am reminded of his lion hearted effort in the West Indies in 1973 after DK Lillee broke down with stress fractures. He bowled off the wrong foot, but he could swing and cut a ball at a whim. R.I.P mate.

Test Matches: 34 between 1972-1977 when cricketers were part timers.
Overs: 1449.2
Balls: 10094
Maidens: 380
Runs: 3792
Wickets: 138
Average: 27.48
5 Wickets in Innings: 6
10 Wickets in Match: 0
Best (Innings): 8/143
Best (Match): 8/143
None for 100 0
Economy Rate: 2.25
Strike Rate: 73.14

Smith's under bowling of Mitch Marsh in Sri Lanka was ridiculous.
Will be interesting to see what happens if Australia gets beaten by South Africa. Apart from Warner and Smith, no other batsman is guaranteed a spot.
Then we have Pakistan. A seriously under rated team. If they lift and beat the Aussies in Australia, then you have to wonder whether Lehman's position is tenable.

Australian cricket is in tatters. Fast bowlers that continually break down, batsmen who struggle against a swinging ball and cannot play spin.
The whole coaching and selection structure needs to be overhauled. Too many athletes being selected instead of kids that can play the game.
Then we are off to India, where we will lose, just trying to minimize the damage to 2-0 series loss, would be a victory. Reality is probably cop a 4-0 drubbing.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Australia gets beaten by South Africa. Apart from Warner and Smith, no other batsman is guaranteed a spot.
Then we have Pakistan. A seriously under rated team. If they lift and beat the Aussies in Australia, then you have to wonder whether Lehman's position is tenable.

Australian cricket is in tatters. Fast bowlers that continually break down, batsmen who struggle against a swinging ball and cannot play spin.
The whole coaching and selection structure needs to be overhauled. Too many athletes being selected instead of kids that can play the game.
Then we are off to India, where we will lose, just trying to minimize the damage to 2-0 series loss, would be a victory. Reality is probably cop a 4-0 drubbing.
Sounds like to me that you are fed up with the game

Seems to be too many questionable decisions being made with the selectors and within the team. Will be a long hard summer but i am sure the team can dig in and get things going again. Seems that any trip to the subcontinent takes a heavy toll on the team and its performance for months after. I remember a really hard trip to the UUAE for a Pakistan series not so long ago that was followed by a strong home summer.

Seems to be too many questionable decisions being made with the selectors and within the team. Will be a long hard summer but i am sure the team can dig in and get things going again. Seems that any trip to the subcontinent takes a heavy toll on the team and its performance for months after. I remember a really hard trip to the UUAE for a Pakistan series not so long ago that was followed by a strong home summer.
To be totally fair i reckon that the guys are playing too much cricket in the lead up to the summer. The selectors are only trying to manage the team as much as they possibly can but the fixture they get means that there is more cricket which is good but it means by the time our summer arrives the players are cooked.

To be totally fair i reckon that the guys are playing too much cricket in the lead up to the summer. The selectors are only trying to manage the team as much as they possibly can but the fixture they get means that there is more cricket which is good but it means by the time our summer arrives the players are cooked.
Well seems i could not have been more wrong. The team is at that crisis point like the team back in the eighties when Kim Hughes was captain. The questions are different but still as difficult as they were then. The batsmen seem to have lost confidence to do the job. I think the line up is ok and funnily enough it is the bowling stocks that really miss that special something. The batsmen just need to put an innings together and they will be on the way. I still feel uneasy about Warner. For a vice captain he has horrific discipline. Maybe they need to select a group to play test cricket and require them to not play T20 as part of the contract.

Massive changes for Adelaide.

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith (c)
Handscomb
Maddinson
Wade (wk)
Starc
Hazelwood
Bird / Sayers)
Lyon

Massive changes for Adelaide.

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith (c)
Handscomb
Maddinson
Wade (wk)
Starc
Hazelwood
Bird / Sayers)
Lyon
Well the panic button has been well and truly pressed. Some of these changes are as untested as the ones they dropped. Totally disagree with dropping Neville. Wade was moved on in the first place because he was so ordinary behind the stumps, has that changed suddenly? Good Khawaja is still there he was monumentally screwed in SriLanka and the super touchy selectors cried when called for it. The third seamer is a good one, either would be good and i would probably take Sayers as the pink ball has proven to swing lots when the evening kicks in otherwise it would be Bird. Bring on the Test match.

I think Labu should drops for Renshaw (better than nothing ) for tomorrow's Abu Dhabi test

Khawaja
Finch
Renshaw
Shaun
Head
M.Marsh
Paine
Siddle
Starc
Lyon
Holland

Paine wants to win series 1/0

Really sad news about the passing of Max Walker. Genuine guy, and always with a smile on his face, and a funny story to tell. Great Test career, and also played 99 games for Melbourne in the VFL/AFL. I am reminded of his lion hearted effort in the West Indies in 1973 after DK Lillee broke down with stress fractures. He bowled off the wrong foot, but he could swing and cut a ball at a whim. R.I.P mate.

Test Matches: 34 between 1972-1977 when cricketers were part timers.
Overs: 1449.2
Balls: 10094
Maidens: 380
Runs: 3792
Wickets: 138
Average: 27.48
5 Wickets in Innings: 6
10 Wickets in Match: 0
Best (Innings): 8/143
Best (Match): 8/143
None for 100 0
Economy Rate: 2.25
Strike Rate: 73.14
RIP

I think Labu should drops for Renshaw (better than nothing ) for tomorrow's Abu Dhabi test

Khawaja
Finch
Renshaw
Shaun
Head
M.Marsh
Paine
Siddle
Starc
Lyon
Holland

Paine wants to win series 1/0