the best u/21 players in the wdca

Re: the best u/21 players in the wdca

jimmydcricket;182241 said:
gonna miss playing juniors, alot of great memories over the years

enlighten us on who you played for jimmy d.....

a powerhouse of the wdca jnrs or the other clubs chasing their tails....:confused:

would be great if you could give us a rundown on your career in the jnrs....also will you be still playing in the wdca........???

started out at hoppers club, then went to yccc to play A grade cricket

ive only ever played juniors in wdca, played seniors in vtca

played in 3 grand final wins in B's cricket and 2 losing grand finals

a few league batting awards

made 500 runs in a seaon, 15s i think it was ( went out twice that year)

1st hundred

list goes on

jimmydcricket;182575 said:
started out at hoppers club, then went to yccc to play A grade cricket

ive only ever played juniors in wdca, played seniors in vtca

played in 3 grand final wins in B's cricket and 2 losing grand finals

a few league batting awards

made 500 runs in a seaon, 15s i think it was ( went out twice that year)

1st hundred

list goes on

good stuff......out of 10 how do u rate the wdca jnr standard.....obviosly the jnr a grade is the cream of the crop........

A's is a good standard, each team had its 4-5 reallly good players

its prob a lil unorganised,

enjoyed playing against ur mob weapons

jimmydcricket;182643 said:

So you think yccc wont make finals , whys that ? Lose a few bowlers ?

jimmydcricket;182643 said:

yer my boys are good.......

yer funny you say that about unorganised.......was dissapointing in last years granny we couldnt choose a nuteral ground to play on as we did the year before when we went underfeated.......05/06 we played at yarravile clubs hard wicket.......which the ground itself is all closed in and was a great atmosphere pitch good outfield ok great ground for a granny..........last year we finished on top again and we had to play werribee in werribee.......and that was a joke.......suited them down to a tee........and i hate werribee.........pr1cks........lol

safe to say all that will change with a new jnr administrator......

not coaching this year.......looking f/ward to seeing the boys ive coached playing in the higher 11's at our club.......and push onto district cricket........

another thing the 17's at willy have picked up some good players this year and if things go to plan they should be right up their again.......

Hows the under 21 squad going?

Any more players turn up?

Another kid which probably didnt get a letter this year, as didnt play many games last year, T.Cooper, may be one to make the squad. Surprised me in B turf with the bowl, picked up some pace and got good bounce, bowled 14 straight for 2 for 30 or so on the weekend.

Whens the next training run, can ask a couple to go down who havent turned up yet.

WDCAcricketer;186659 said:
Hows the under 21 squad going?

Any more players turn up?

Another kid which probably didnt get a letter this year, as didnt play many games last year, T.Cooper, may be one to make the squad. Surprised me in B turf with the bowl, picked up some pace and got good bounce, bowled 14 straight for 2 for 30 or so on the weekend.

Whens the next training run, can ask a couple to go down who havent turned up yet.

yer ok.......14 at training last sunday........

send them down i have no probs with that.............training is on sunday 12:00 at the main ground on morris street...........

um the willy vfl footy ground if that makes it easier.......12:00

cheers

weapons05/06;186689 said:
yer ok.......14 at training last sunday........

send them down i have no probs with that.............training is on sunday 12:00 at the main ground on morris street...........

um the willy vfl footy ground if that makes it easier.......12:00

cheers

Will do, is there any minimum age requirement? eg got a good keeper , probably best l seen from a junior player in a long time, though only 14. Plays B turf currently.

WDCAcricketer;186698 said:
Will do, is there any minimum age requirement? eg got a good keeper , probably best l seen from a junior player in a long time, though only 14. Plays B turf currently.

no minimum age but do you think he would be up to playing guys more developed than him........put it this way the standard he will be playing against would be better than most of the wdca 1st 11 teams.........the question is can he bat........???

weapons05/06;186717 said:
no minimum age but do you think he would be up to playing guys more developed than him........put it this way the standard he will be playing against would be better than most of the wdca 1st 11 teams.........the question is can he bat........???

Yeah he can bat, l didnt realise theres hatch on the same time, would be better suited to that.

Spoke to the other guy last night, said he would try to get down on Sunday. Guy can bowl, bats ok too though likes to play very aggressive.

WDCAcricketer;186881 said:
Yeah he can bat, l didnt realise theres hatch on the same time, would be better suited to that.

Spoke to the other guy last night, said he would try to get down on Sunday. Guy can bowl, bats ok too though likes to play very aggressive.

where's he going for hatch???willy???

as the games are 1 dayers agressive is what im asking for......

thanks jamie@|

weapons05/06;186893 said:
where's he going for hatch???willy???

as the games are 1 dayers agressive is what im asking for......

thanks jamie@|

Since he plays his juniors in the West metro comp, there aligned with Sunshine. Either there or will just play metro rep side with mates and concentrate more on Senior cricket.

cheers

anyone no what the luckhurst boys are doin at the moment... i remember they were very handy juniors... and still can play

wait there;203157 said:
anyone no what the luckhurst boys are doin at the moment... i remember they were very handy juniors... and still can play

Yeah their playin at Newport Digman + their still no good....................TURN IT UP will ya!!!!!!!!:eek:

hussler;280420 said:
Yeah their playin at Newport Digman + their still no good....................TURN IT UP will ya!!!!!!!!:eek:

took ya long enough.. praise the lord!

Back