Start Time: 2:15pm AEDST

Wednesday, January 28: Queensland v Western Australia @ Brisbane, GABBA

February 2009
Wednesday, February 4: Victoria v South Australia @ Melbourne, MCG

Saturday, February 7: Tasmania v Victoria @ Hobart, Bellerive Oval
Start Time: 11:15am AEDST

Sunday, February 8: Western Australia v South Australia @ Bunbury, Hands Memorial Oval
Start Time: 1:15pm AEDST

Wednesday, February 11: Victoria v Queensland @ Melbourne, MCG

Friday, February 13: Victoria v New South Wales @ Melbourne, MCG

Saturday, February 14: Tasmania v Western Australia @ Hobart, Bellerive Oval

Wednesday, February 18: South Australia v Queensland @ Adelaide, Adelaide Oval

Sunday, February 22: Final - TBC v TBC, Venue TBC

Re: The Ford Ranger Cup Thread

New South Wales are out of it you'd think, played two more games than WA and the Vics but still behind them. If SA lose tomorrow then they're gone too.

Only the top four have a chance at making the final. Tassie have to win their next two to stay in contention, they can't afford to go three games up on Victoria but still trail them on points. Tomorrow will be their 4th game in less than three weeks.

With South Australia winning against Tasmania it opens up the battle for the second with Victoria looking almost certainties to capture first place.

UpdatedTable
Victoria 17 (5)
Tasmania 16 (7)
Queensland 15 (6)
Western Australia 12 (5)
New South Wales 11 (7)
South Australia 8 (6)

Tasmania play Queensland this Sunday in a crucial game for both sides. The winner will go to top position whilst the losers chances of making the final will take a massive blow.

Queensland beat Tasmania yesterday which puts Queensland up to top spot and almost eliminates Tasmania from finals contention.

Updated Table
Queensland 19 (7)
Victoria 17 (5)
Tasmania 16 (8)
Western Australia 12 (5)
New South Wales 11 (7)
South Australia 8 (6)

Tomorrow New South Wales play South Australia in what looks to be a fairly meaningless match.

eddiesmith;294180 said:
Isnt it funny that due to the weird draw, Tassie sit in 3rd yet no chance of moving up :p

Tassie would have to win their last two games with a bonus point and hope a couple of results go their way for them to have any chance of making the final. This run of games before Christmas was going to be the crunch period in determining whether they made it or not. Unfortunately for them they blew it big time.

Looking increasingly likely that only three teams have a realistic chance of making the final are Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia. If NSW lose today then you can shut the door on them also.

South Australia beat New South Wales by 173 runs to claim a double bonus point. This gives South Australia an outside chance of making the final and also eliminates New South Wales.

Updated Table
Queensland 19 (7)
Victoria 17 (5)
Tasmania 16 (8)
South Australia 14 (7)
Western Australia 12 (5)
New South Wales 11 (8)

The next game is Victoria v Western Australia on Saturday. In fact Western Australia play in the next 3 games, two of them before the break for the Twenty20 Big Bash. This period will be crucial for Western Australia.

Must win at least two of those games, two wins would take us ahead of Queensland by at least one point with an equal amount of games played and take us close to Victoria. Ideally, we need to beat Victoria when we play them in the one-dayer.

Crucial period for us, no doubt we'll stuff it up though.

Kram81;294853 said:
Don't you live in Victoria :confused:
Yeah I do but where I used to live (in Mildura) we had a hell of a lot of NSW programs on tv to watch.
I am a fan of NSW because of Glenn McGrath's involvement. I know that he doesn't play now but he still has a huge involvement with NSW cricket.

NSW have been the worst one day side in the country for a couple of years now, suprising as they have Bracken the no1 one day bowler in the world available most of the season

eddiesmith;294907 said:
NSW have been the worst one day side in the country for a couple of years now, suprising as they have Bracken the no1 one day bowler in the world available most of the season
I know. No need to remind me of that. I am sure that they will improve. I have faith.

eddiesmith;294907 said:

Bracken won't be able to win games by himself, he and Bollinger seem to be the only bowlers doing anything of late. Aaron Bird and Moises Henriques have been bowling rubbish in recent matches, both were terrible yesterday. Bird is far too expensive and has been for the last two or three games, Henriques' performances haven't been great either but he is only a youngster. The majority are leaking far too many runs and Bracken won't be able to keep the batters in check without any help.

Updated Table
Victoria 21 (6)
Queensland 19 (7)
Tasmania 16 (8)
South Australia 14 (7)
Western Australia 12 (6)
New South Wales 11 (8)

Go Vics!!! :)

NSW just beat WA by 5 wickets. That is a big blow for WA who were looking pretty good before the last 2 games.

Updated Table
Victoria 21 (6)
Queensland 19 (7)
Tasmania 16 (8)
New South Wales 15 (9)
South Australia 14 (7)
Western Australia 12 (7)

Will probably be a Victoria/Queensland final now. The double bonus point win for SA gives them a chance but they must win two of their last three to give themselves a chance.

Tassie are a faint hope but must win their final two matches. WA have blown it big time and are pretty much gone. I said these three games would be crucial and it proved to be right. Majority of the players are in shocking form.

Back