The Lounge

Good morning,

We're having our first heatwave with temps of 95F. Need to keep cool ;-) but have just been jogging with my new shoes. Bought three pairs yesterday.

Yesterday my miniature dachshund Sari (for those who don't know) was operated on and two tumours at her teats were removed. She also lost two more teeth and now has to take pills due to dysfunctional heart valves. Cost 950 AUD. Two more appointments, tomorrow and on Monday to check.

View attachment 1256
View attachment 1257
They are precious to us Thomas so worth the ridiculous vet costs. My Bubbles also has heart trouble but wont take pills so we inject his medicine into his mouth. After four years he still hates having it done and sometimes even spits it out much to our chagrin.

Good morning,

We're having our first heatwave with temps of 95F. Need to keep cool ;-) but have just been jogging with my new shoes. Bought three pairs yesterday.

Yesterday my miniature dachshund Sari (for those who don't know) was operated on and two tumours at her teats were removed. She also lost two more teeth and now has to take pills due to dysfunctional heart valves. Cost 950 AUD. Two more appointments, tomorrow and on Monday to check.

View attachment 1256
View attachment 1257
Ahhh she's gorgeous 🥰
We love our pets and would do anything for them. My Max passed away a few years ago, he was a black Labrador, always nicking my slippers and taking them to his bed, never chewed them though 😆

They are precious to us Thomas so worth the ridiculous vet costs. My Bubbles also has heart trouble but wont take pills so we inject his medicine into his mouth. After four years he still hates having it done and sometimes even spits it out much to our chagrin.
Bubbles is a lovely name for a dog 🥰
I recently read that people here are asking for vets ridiculously high fees to be investigated, a colleague of mine recently paid nearly£30.00 for a fresh bandage over her dogs paw.

She's been doing quite well although I feel sorry her for having to wear this body when it's so hot and muggy. I asked the vet if I could remove it but no such chance because of the long cut in her belly. She's full of trust in me.

Sari3.jpg
Had her paws manicured as well. I know what women need.🤗

Last edited:
Good that Sari is on the mend Thomas. Watch out for fleas under that body cover tho. Those critters love warm places to breed.. ask Bubbles when we used to fit him with a winter coat. There was an infestation. Scared the crap out of us.

She's been doing quite well although I feel sorry her for having to wear this body when it's so hot and muggy. I asked the vet if I could remove it but no such chance because of the long cut in her belly. She's full of trust in me.

View attachment 1258
Had her paws manicured as well. I know what women need.🤗
Those big eyes would send any owner running to the kitchen for a doggy treat 😄
She looks well looked after 👍

Those big eyes would send any owner running to the kitchen for a doggy treat 😄
She looks well looked after 👍
Thanks, Jessica, I do my very best and would venture to say that she's been having a whale of a time with us. I do talk to her every day or all day long. 😊 I even try to make her obey commands but dachshunds don't take orders. They regard them as suggestions only.
Paraphrasing someone who said about his pet: "As a dog he's a catastrophe, as a human he's indispensable." My miniature dachshund's name is Zarina but I call her Sari for convenience.

Thanks, Jessica, I do my very best and would venture to say that she's been having a whale of a time with us. I do talk to her every day or all day long. 😊 I even try to make her obey commands but dachshunds don't take orders. They regard them as suggestions only.
Paraphrasing someone who said about his pet: "As a dog he's a catastrophe, as a human he's indispensable." My miniature dachshund's name is Zarina but I call her Sari for convenience.
I've always talked to my dogs too, they listen and their expressions are priceless.🤗
A colleague of mine had a golden retriever, he was rejected as a guide dog for the blind because he was a bit deaf, my colleague adopted him and he swears that despite being a bit deaf he could hear the fridge door getting opened 😆

I do talk to her every day or all day long.
So do I.. stops me going up the wall as wife still works.. so my two pooches are my only company. My baby Bonnie turned three yesterday. Gave her a new ball and a squeakie toy to go with the other two dozen. They are with us for so short a time.. we have to pamper them like one of the family.🤗

Just a few pics to underline what I said about Sari above:
s2.jpg
Enjoying life.
Sari4.jpg
Playing footie in the garden, suspicious about the rolling rubbish sack, trying to get her ball back.

Sari5.jpg
That's what she enjoys most: sitting in front of me when we're cycling. I call her "Major Tom" being in full control.
Sari6.jpg
This photo is award-worthy. Just imagine you wouldn't know the background to this. What would you have guessed it shows?

Last edited:
So do I.. stops me going up the wall as wife still works.. so my two pooches are my only company. My baby Bonnie turned three yesterday. Gave her a new ball and a squeakie toy to go with the other two dozen. They are with us for so short a time.. we have to pamper them like one of the family.🤗
Happy Birthday Bonnie 🤗

I wish dogs had a longer life span, providing their health didn't suffer though.

Just a few pics to underline what I said about Sari above:
View attachment 1261
Enjoying life.
View attachment 1262
Playing footie in the garden, suspicious about the rolling rubbish sack, trying to get her ball back.

View attachment 1263
That's what she enjoys most: sitting in front of me when we're cycling. I call her "Major Tom" being in full control.
View attachment 1264
This photo is award-worthy. Just imagine you wouldn't know the background to this. What would you have guessed it shows?
She looks adorable in her carrier, is she wearing a harness? Never seen a dog cycling before! 😍 The back of her head is just kissable 🤗

She looks adorable in her carrier, is she wearing a harness? Never seen a dog cycling before! 😍 The back of her head is just kissable 🤗
Exactly. I love that patch between her ears and often caress it.😍 Yes, she's fixed to prevent her from jumping out which she did out of fear. She's a chickenshit. Today she doesn't want to get out any more. That plastic thingy is a rain cover which I also take off if not needed.

At the beginning it also helped to curb her temper.

Last edited:
Exactly. I love that patch between her ears and often caress it.😍 Yes, she's fixed to prevent her from jumping out which she did out of fear. She's a chickenshit. Today she doesn't want to get out any more. That plastic thingy is a rain cover which I also take off if not needed.

View attachment 1265
At the beginning it also helped to curb her temper.
How cute is she!! 😍
I bet she turns heads wherever you go 😃

Absolutely. I get a lot of comments, smiles, and attention. Sari does neither notice nor care about. Always deadly serious and fully concentrated to make sure she's a good member of the pack.;)
She looks so content in her carrier, absolutely enjoying herself. 😊
I love dogs, my Max and I were once attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier, I had to kick it off us and a guy passing ran over and kicked it too, we were under attack so had no choice, they are the only dogs I don't like because of what happened to us.

Back