The Lounge

What's your weather been like over there? Here it's mentally warm - probably going to be the warmest Dec on record - tomorrow 15 degree centigrade!

October was the warmest on record and November was well above average.

December has been fairly mild to this point, couple of degrees below normal. January and February are expected to be above average though.

We've just started a run of 4 days in the mid-30s+. Listening on radio. A caller from WA who's on holidays here

"It's just another day in WA"

40 degrees here today..

Although it has been pretty mild so far this December, before this the hottest day so far has only been around 34.
Think victoria has copped wa's heat. We are all waiting on the cool change to hit.
Posted on the Geelong board and on GD. Saw what happened and a real WTF moment.
That's just sad. Gotta feeling that starburns and doss are up to no good.
I don't post on bigfooty because of those two mentioned people. They tend to be picky.

October was the warmest on record and November was well above average.

December has been fairly mild to this point, couple of degrees below normal. January and February are expected to be above average though.
Very humid and sticky here. This time last year we were still in winter clothes with it being low 20's. This year, it's been stinking hot.

festivus.jpg

Happy Christmas Aussies! We've still got a few more hours to go. Weather's still messed up, had a practice session outside yesterday it was that warm. Been looking at historical weather events and the current weather is a little like 1947 http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=famous-winters;sess= started off warm and then the snow came. I reckon we're due a really harsh one soon - 1962 was the last really harsh winter. We've got plenty of rain, the wind just needs to move around and to come in from the east and we'll be screwed. Everywhere in the world it seems the weather is messed up and extreme.

Happy Christmas Aussies! We've still got a few more hours to go. Weather's still messed up, had a practice session outside yesterday it was that warm. Been looking at historical weather events and the current weather is a little like 1947 http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=famous-winters;sess= started off warm and then the snow came. I reckon we're due a really harsh one soon - 1962 was the last really harsh winter. We've got plenty of rain, the wind just needs to move around and to come in from the east and we'll be screwed. Everywhere in the world it seems the weather is messed up and extreme.
Have an awesome christmas

i know this is an off topic post, but what level of cricket do you guys play? Are any of you absolute guns who use this forum?

i know this is an off topic post, but what level of cricket do you guys play? Are any of you absolute guns who use this forum?
We all fans of the sport. Some of us play. Me, i'm just a fan of the cricket. Loved watching glenn mcgrath bowling the opposition out. Even got to meet him when volunteering at his foundation's function here in melbourne.

They're completely screwed. I envisage Essendon spending a lot of time at or near the bottom of the ladder over the next few years. I imagine they'll win it this year and may not even win a game.

It's a harsh lesson but when you're willing to inject players with banned substances to get an advantage then you'll get your just desserts eventually. This is only part of the saga though. The Bombers will be seeing a multitude of court cases from past and present players due to their negligence.

They're completely screwed. I envisage Essendon spending a lot of time at or near the bottom of the ladder over the next few years. I imagine they'll win it this year and may not even win a game.

It's a harsh lesson but when you're willing to inject players with banned substances to get an advantage then you'll get your just desserts eventually. This is only part of the saga though. The Bombers will be seeing a multitude of court cases from past and present players due to their negligence.
Pretty funny Worsfold choosing them over Adelaide, even before this I thought it was a poor decision. It will take 5 years minimum to right the ship imo, I doubt he'll even be allowed to or want to stay there that long.

Pretty funny Worsfold choosing them over Adelaide, even before this I thought it was a poor decision. It will take 5 years minimum to right the ship imo, I doubt he'll even be allowed to or want to stay there that long.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised he went there as well. I guess he saw the Essendon job as more of a challenge than the Adelaide one and that he'd have an opportunity to build a list from the ground up again. Being able to bring in McKenna as an assistant would have helped in his decision as well.

The Bombers haven't been too patient in recent times, Knights was shown the door and then they pretty much had to sack Hird. They'll need to show plenty of patience with Worsfold given with what has happened today. Honestly the next two seasons they shouldn't be having any expectations whatsoever as it is going to take time to rebuild from this whole saga. It may even take longer than the five years you've said.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised he went there as well. I guess he saw the Essendon job as more of a challenge than the Adelaide one and that he'd have an opportunity to build a list from the ground up again. Being able to bring in McKenna as an assistant would have helped in his decision as well.
More like he was whipped by the missus because the shopping and 'lifestyle' is better in Melbourne :rolleyes:

More like he was whipped by the missus because the shopping and 'lifestyle' is better in Melbourne :rolleyes:
Hird needs to realise that he completely messed up and failed to oversee everything that was going on to his playing group. If he had of done this essendon wouldn't be in so much strife. Now essendon are the laughing stock of the competition all because they piss farted about with illegal substances that eventually saw 34 players banned.

Back