The Lounge

Exactly. I love that patch between her ears and often caress it.😍 Yes, she's fixed to prevent her from jumping out which she did out of fear. She's a chickenshit. Today she doesn't want to get out any more. That plastic thingy is a rain cover which I also take off if not needed.

View attachment 1265
At the beginning it also helped to curb her temper.
Great pic Thomas.

Sorry to put a downer on the conversation guys but it is official Sydney has got the terrible Indian Delta strain and it is spreading. Began last week when an irresponsible private car driver tested positive. This bloke had been to numerous locations over the preceding days and had infected dozens before he was tested positive. Now millions of Aussies have to stay at home for next two weeks. We will beat this new strain... like we beat the original one.

Last edited:
She looks so content in her carrier, absolutely enjoying herself. 😊
I love dogs, my Max and I were once attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier, I had to kick it off us and a guy passing ran over and kicked it too, we were under attack so had no choice, they are the only dogs I don't like because of what happened to us.
Understandable. I'm scared by certain breeds and Staffbulls have quite a bad reputation over here. They have to pass a character test and their owners must pass a competence test. Yet kids and adults get still attacked by them regularly.:(

Sorry to put a downer on the conversation guys but it is official Sydney has got the terrible Indian Delta strain and it is spreading. Began last week when an irresponsible private car driver tested positive. This bloke had been to numerous locations over the preceding days and had infected dozens before he was positive. Now millions of Aussies have to stay at home for next two weeks. We will beat this new strain... like we beat the original one.
We have got it as well and it's increasing. Any chance of getting the jabs, Richie?

Yes I may now be forced into taking the A/Z jab Thomas as Pfizer is still a long way off. Brother and SIL took it last week. Wife tho wont listen to reason.. so stubborn. You have it too mate. Some protection is better than none.

Yes I may now be forced into taking the A/Z jab Thomas as Pfizer is still a long way off. Brother and SIL took it last week. Wife tho wont listen to reason.. so stubborn. You have it too mate. Some protection is better than none.
That's certainly true considering our age and the fact that the Delta variant keeps spreading just because it's so virulent. There's consensus that it will become the dominant strain over here as well. Too bad your wife won't listen. What's she afraid of?

Understandable. I'm scared by certain breeds and Staffbulls have quite a bad reputation over here. They have to pass a character test and their owners must pass a competence test. Yet kids and adults get still attacked by them regularly.:(
We should have strict rules here regarding these dogs but we have none, they are the choice of dog for drug dealers, mainly guys using them to intimidate others, they don't realise how ridiculous they look while walking round acting hard with them 🙄

Sorry to put a downer on the conversation guys but it is official Sydney has got the terrible Indian Delta strain and it is spreading. Began last week when an irresponsible private car driver tested positive. This bloke had been to numerous locations over the preceding days and had infected dozens before he was positive. Now millions of Aussies have to stay at home for next two weeks. We will beat this new strain... like we beat the original one.
I saw this on our news. The guy responsible should be prosecuted. Make an example of him so others don't do the same. Are you in full lockdown Richie? Hope you can still take your dogs out for a walk. Tell us about your turtle 🐢 I'm fascinated that you have one 🤗

Agree Jessica. This driver works for a limo company transporting overseas airline crews to and from their hotels. I expect he got this Delta strain from one of his passengers that had flown into one of the countries where the Indian strain was. Slack that these private drivers are not vaxed but no excuse for airline crews not to be vaxed before they fly into Australia. Greater Sydney and surrounds are in lockdown.. probably 5/6 million people in all.

Last edited:
Jessica I am reluctant to take my Bubbles and Bonnie out for a walk with this strain rampant. I have not been told that our pets can not contract this virus too. So not taking any chances. At least we humans can mask up. I have buckled to pressure and booked my A/Z jab tomorrow. I am worried that my son, who is 34 is still denied protection .. until us oldies are vaxed.

I have posted a pic of my turtle.. in the pet thread I expect you will find it. It is an Eastern long neck and is about 25 years. Did you know turtles hibernate for some 4-6 months every year.

Last edited:
Jessica I am reluctant to take my Bubbles and Bonnie out for a walk with this strain rampant. I have not been told that our pets can not contract this virus too. So not taking any chances. At least we humans can mask up. I have buckled to pressure and booked my A/Z jab tomorrow. I am worried that my son, who is 34 is still denied protection .. until us oldies are vaxed.

I have posted a pic of my turtle.. in the pet thread I expect you will find it. It is an Eastern long neck and is about 25 years. Did you know turtles hibernate for some 4-6 months every year.
You can take them for a walk. Use it as your exercise

Jessica I am reluctant to take my Bubbles and Bonnie out for a walk with this strain rampant. I have not been told that our pets can not contract this virus too. So not taking any chances.
We have become wiser and better informed in the course of time, mate.
The risk is negligible. There were one or two cases in Japan but the exact circumstances are opaque. Like humans dogs need to be exposed to a sufficiently high number of aerosol particles for several minutes to get infected which is not the case when you just walk them. Just give them the pleasure of expressing themselves in nature since they need that badly.
It has become very clear that the by far dominant way of getting infected is in enclosed spaces like rooms, cars, elevators provided they are not aired properly and regularly. Are you wearing a proper FFP2-mask in rooms where there are a lot of people? Those are critical. All other ways do not actually play a role.
Don't worry about any outdoor activities, mate.

FFP2-mask
Had my first A/Z jab yesterday. Almost 24 hours later and feeling no mild side affects as yet tho some 20 minutes after taking my shot I did walk home rather briskly as rain threatened. Later on I felt a touch lite headed. Had my best sleep for ages too.
FFP2-mask Dunno. I wear a disposable mask the wife purchased. Thomas have you heard anything about the current vaccines having far less efficacy against the Delta strain than the public is being told?

Thomas have you heard anything about the current vaccines having far less efficacy against the Delta strain than the public is being told?
No, I haven't. The information has always been the same: All vaccines are effective also in protecting us against the Delta variant although to varying degrees and any vaccination is far better than having none. That does not mean, however, that they provide 100% immunity as many people would like them to do. Sanitary measures will still be necessary for quite some time. There's a slacking willingness over here to get the important second jab which will protect us against Delta.
It's good to hear that side-effects are minimal. When will you be getting the second jab?

Got myself a robotic lawnmower yesterday. Still busy programming it properly and getting rid of some hiccups. By and large I'm satisfied. Can use the time for other things now.

Mährobo.jpg

No, I haven't. The information has always been the same: All vaccines are effective also in protecting us against the Delta variant although to varying degrees and any vaccination is far better than having none. That does not mean, however, that they provide 100% immunity as many people would like them to do. Sanitary measures will still be necessary for quite some time. There's a slacking willingness over here to get the important second jab which will protect us against Delta.
It's good to hear that side-effects are minimal. When will you be getting the second jab?
In three weeks mate. Have you had your first jab yet?

Cool mower.. how much..and will it cut long grass too or only your type lawn.

Back