The Officical Off-Season Thread

Ljp86

Staff member
The Officical Off-Season Thread

Okay, now is the time to get everything sorted for next season and beyond. We have to undergo a major overhaul of this competition and get team lists, statisitics and all sorts of other stuff sorted before we can continue with this competition.

With the Ashes approaching, it is hopeful that we can get an influx of members into our competition and maybe get a couple of more teams going.

So, the first item of the off-season agenda is to post team lists and captains must decide who is being delisted and who is being kept. The choice is up to you but it is encouraged that posters that aren't contributing to teams be delisted and can be put back into the draft or out of the competition completely.

Also, team names and home-ground locations must be finalized during this time. Any player willing to create a new team must make that declaration to me first personally before creating any new thread stating that intention.

Anyone that wants to bring up other items of interest, please contact me.

So, current items of business,

1. Team lists (delistings, resignings)
2. Team names (possible changes, home-ground locations)
3. New franchize submissions

Let's get this up and running.

Re: The Officical Off-Season Thread

Ljp86;109000 said:
Okay, now is the time to get everything sorted for next season and beyond. We have to undergo a major overhaul of this competition and get team lists, statisitics and all sorts of other stuff sorted before we can continue with this competition.

With the Ashes approaching, it is hopeful that we can get an influx of members into our competition and maybe get a couple of more teams going.

So, the first item of the off-season agenda is to post team lists and captains must decide who is being delisted and who is being kept. The choice is up to you but it is encouraged that posters that aren't contributing to teams be delisted and can be put back into the draft or out of the competition completely.

Also, team names and home-ground locations must be finalized during this time. Any player willing to create a new team must make that declaration to me first personally before creating any new thread stating that intention.

Anyone that wants to bring up other items of interest, please contact me.

So, current items of business,

1. Team lists (delistings, resignings)
2. Team names (possible changes, home-ground locations)
3. New franchize submissions

Let's get this up and running.

Err just wondering, when were you made boss?

You have been on a serious power trip since you got your modater duties, relax kiddo.

Re: The Official Off-Season Thread

Guru™;109009 said:
Err just wondering, when were you made boss?

You have been on a serious power trip since you got your modater duties, relax kiddo.

It's the power, the POWER Guru, Mwahahahaha!!!!! :p

Nah, you're Incorrect mate.

A while ago, 3 posters were appointed to the BigCricket Fantasy Cup panel (known as the Fantasy Cup Admin). Those three were Right Arm Over, OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!!! and myself. Their duty was to incorporate the rules of the game (a sticky on this board), formulate fixtures and just general Administrator duties similar to what Eddiesmith does in the BigFooty competition.

Since Right Arm Over cracked the ********s and left, it leaves just me and ONB. To my knowledge, ONB hasn't expressed a great interest in the Admin duties but I am very happy for him to help me out as we can share the job otherwise I'll go it alone (Or someone else can volunteer and be on the panel). As the Cup's admin, I'm just getting the ball rolling so we can sort all this out.

Things might be slow to start with. A lot of us are uni students and have impending exams coming up so this porcess might take a while.

I've been saying for the last couple of weeks that we need to start the re-configuring process as soon as possible. This thread was started in order to speed up the progression of the off-season and start it now rather than later. I'm merely helping the whole off-season deliberations get here.

This event has been in the pipeline for quite a while and is an integral part to our competition getting back on track. I like this comp and so do many others and I'd love for it to continue.

So, what does everyone else think of this off-season thing?

Oh and Squiz, could you please change the title of this thread, I can't believe I spelt "official" wrong.

Re: The Official Off-Season Thread

This limited edit function is really starting to annoy me. I can't even edit my original post and all I wanted to do was change the title so it is spelt properly!

I will help you LJP.

And by the way Guru, whats with you and saying the power goes to the other moderators heads? Take it easy champ, I was just doing my job and LJP has been here from the start and KNOWS whats going here. You show your face once in a blue moon and think you can decide if someone is the right person for something.

For once let it be please.

ONB - "you show your face once in a blue moon"

Is that because you dont see me post? I read over most posts on every forum to keep in with what is going on. I didnt realise that the 3-man panel was still going as I thought it was RAO idea and since he left he took it with him, for that I apoligise.

Guru™;109050 said:
ONB - "you show your face once in a blue moon"

Is that because you dont see me post? I read over most posts on every forum to keep in with what is going on. I didnt realise that the 3-man panel was still going as I thought it was RAO idea and since he left he took it with him, for that I apoligise.

I do see you post. Your post count reflects that too. But ever if you do just read over things, you would know about the happenings and more likely than not, wouldnt have said to LJP is on a 'power trip'. This is the Fantasy forum and you post maybe once or twice per game, and have very little input in to discussions ideas and other things on this board. LJP has been here from the start, so imo he can do whatever he wants within reason. He just wants to see this comp take off like everyone else.

As for RAO, not to worry. He was just elected as he was apart of the Magpies and their was no other suitable candidates.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;109046 said:
I will help you LJP.

Awesome.

Yes Guru, that panel is still going, it now has two panellists.

You can't have a proper panel with only two members. What you are, is a duumvirate.

Well, we're looking for another member then to make three. I'm happy for posters to nominate for the panel, then we can have an official poll and players can vote for who they want on the panel.

gun batsmen, looking for a new home.

There are a few people that would be worthy of being on the Fantasy Cup Admin panel.

Is there going to be any action anywhere on the board??

When is the award ceremonies and what is the time frame we are looking at to get things going again.

A major overhaul, yes that is perhaps an understatement, we need new posters, fresh ideas and a good fixture. The draft was successful last year but didn't do enough as we fell off after that. I reckon a real fresh idea, contracts would be good but that was used by Takeforum not that that means we can't do it but we need the ultimate idea.

I Think what we need is completely new teams..where we could have 3 player per team (captain & Vice Captian to start it up & everybody else goes into the draft..Then we could have contracts..& it would spark interest

Some good ideas suggested so far. This thread hasn't had a lot of action which concerns me a little. Maybe it's because the season has ended and everyone is taking a break.

But, an overhaul is definitely needed. Whether we have one massive think tank on this because so far there hasn't been a lot of action on here recently.

Back