The Officical Off-Season Thread

Re: The Officical Off-Season Thread

My Thoughts:

Teams:
- Victorian Something (Vic FIGJAMs - New nickname maybe??) Youngy, Will, Benny, SS
- Sydney/Tassie/Western Something (West Coast Magpies?? - New nick aswell?) Arma, Cameron, Therbs, ?
- an international based side (Crusaders could just stay put?) Squiz, Ljp, ONB, BRG/Drumm

...and cut Kandy/Capetown out of the comp, they are our North Melbourne (sorry Squiz, there gonna fold).

SouthSwans;110216 said:
My Thoughts:

Teams:
- Victorian Something (Vic FIGJAMs - New nickname maybe??) Youngy, Will, Benny, SS
- Sydney/Tassie/Western Something (West Coast Magpies?? - New nick aswell?) Arma, Cameron, Therbs, ?
- an international based side (Crusaders could just stay put?) Squiz, Ljp, ONB, BRG/Drumm

...and cut Kandy/Capetown out of the comp, they are our North Melbourne (sorry Squiz, there gonna fold).

Kandy Lions just won the 4-day title, I don't think they will be going anywhere. The comp needs four teams, the aim is to eventually get the number of teams up to 6.

We'll need a list of posters that post regularly and then we can assess what we can do from there.

Thats why we need to get rid of them because their posters arent leading their team, then need a leader... Stam and Cleaze are good posters in the other forums but they arent leading their team, I wouldnt jump down Kandys throat if ONB was still there, but hes not which is why they either need new leadership type players or theyll have to fold cause it takes effort to run a team.

SouthSwans;110218 said:
Thats why we need to get rid of them because their posters arent leading their team, then need a leader... Stam and Cleaze are good posters in the other forums but they arent leading their team, I wouldnt jump down Kandys throat if ONB was still there, but hes not which is why they either need new leadership type players or theyll have to fold cause it takes effort to run a team.

I think Stamislav does a reasonable job with the Kandy Lions and Cleazer chips in from time to time.

I guess the problem is, is that they don't have enough regular posters, they have quite a view who will visit occasionally but not enough of them are posting regulalrly enough. I think they just need to stock up on some posters that will be around more often.

Ljp86;110217 said:
Kandy Lions just won the 4-day title, I don't think they will be going anywhere. The comp needs four teams, the aim is to eventually get the number of teams up to 6.

We'll need a list of posters that post regularly and then we can assess what we can do from there.

If regular posting is so important you'll be lucky to fill 2 teams.

Get 6 teams any way you can and then worry about whether they post regularly or not. Not everyone lives on here.

One thing I would recommend is a decrease in roster size to 15.

I think south misunderstood me when i said completely NEW teams, New means New leadership, New club Name, New Logos, New Location..

Younginator;110230 said:
I think south misunderstood me when i said completely NEW teams, New means New leadership, New club Name, New Logos, New Location..
Is that not what I outlined?

SouthSwans;110252 said:
Is that not what I outlined?

South, You have just renamed the teams with the same players, That means, like last draft, Players that were with the old clubs will be drafted to the new ones..it won't change anything !!

fred;110227 said:
If regular posting is so important you'll be lucky to fill 2 teams.

Get 6 teams any way you can and then worry about whether they post regularly or not. Not everyone lives on here.

I'm not too fussed about post counts but most that are here are, so I don't have any qualms about that.

Stamislav;110228 said:
One thing I would recommend is a decrease in roster size to 15.

Or even 14. I think we know now that each squad has too many players.

SouthSwans;110263 said:
Oh I getcha. I CALL CAPTAIN OF A TEAM!!!!

Ps. yes i am a power hungry ************

U wish mate it will be captains of the teams allready who stay on

Yeah Squads of 15 max would be good. When are we voting on new teams??

I will be standing down as captain and handing it over to Will or Youngy.

I suggest we have a vote to who will lead one of the new teams, Me or Will.

I think it will be the same teams, just relatively new players.

Sorry I haven't been around of late, just changed internet companies and didnt have internet for a few days. So whats the go with these new teams?

I may be handing down the captaincy now as I have run my race I think and we need someone fresher, any volunteers? I'm looking at SS to cross over or a RE, Cam, eddie to captain. I will stay on as one half of the captains if we can't find a suitable guy

Back