The Officical Off-Season Thread

Re: The Officical Off-Season Thread

Squiz;110812 said:
Sorry I haven't been around of late, just changed internet companies and didnt have internet for a few days. So whats the go with these new teams?

I don't know. People want to change the teams around but not a lot is happening at the moment, it's more in the discussion phase rather than the acrive phase.

Maybe start the whole comp again? Put a list of all players together and vote on 4 captains and vice captains and have a draft to fill 4 teams?? The captains can choose to keep the tradional names or start new clubs?? we will probably only have about 50 players ATM so 12 or 13 per side should be suffice and clears out all the dead weight and just about everyone gets a game???

Coach Hollywood;110864 said:
Maybe start the whole comp again? Put a list of all players together and vote on 4 captains and vice captains and have a draft to fill 4 teams?? The captains can choose to keep the tradional names or start new clubs?? we will probably only have about 50 players ATM so 12 or 13 per side should be suffice and clears out all the dead weight and just about everyone gets a game???
If we sorted some of the finer details I would certainly look at this. Pick a date to start, pick the 4 captains, new guys and get all the guys who are down on their posting to come along and then new guys and this would be just about the best possible idea you could have, really get some sledging going, no one takes it too seriously and some nice light hearted banter, I'm in for this idea :)

Hmmm, I'd like to know what everyone thinks about this proposed "new teams" scenario.

I think it's a bit drastic to overhaul everything. I imagined that the teams we have now would still be in place.

What sort of timeframe are we looking at here? I guess the problem at the moment is a lot of people have dropped off - I know I'm guilty of that. If it's the same dozen or so people figuring this stuff out and nobody else is around to care, any changes we make might not have much impact. Perhaps when the Ashes are on and more people become aware of the comp, we could gewt a little more discussion going as recruits come in.

copernicus;111193 said:
What sort of timeframe are we looking at here? I guess the problem at the moment is a lot of people have dropped off - I know I'm guilty of that. If it's the same dozen or so people figuring this stuff out and nobody else is around to care, any changes we make might not have much impact. Perhaps when the Ashes are on and more people become aware of the comp, we could gewt a little more discussion going as recruits come in.

This comp will have to go on hold for a while. I've mentioned before that a lot of posters on here are students and this is the buisest time of the year for them with exams and stuff.

I'm willing to wait and just slowly progress the comp forward toward next season.

There will be the need to have a serious discussion on what is going to happen in the next few weeks.

When are the award ceremonies for last season?

I'll do them after I finish exams. So probably Thursday or Friday.

Squiz;111926 said:
I'll do them after I finish exams. So probably Thursday or Friday.

Cool. My exams don't finish till November 22 and I'm still doing assignments now so I guess sorting out this comp won't happen until the end of the month.

Need 10-15 new members who are regular posters to get this back up. Chuck in a World XI team for an extra team.

Back