The Super Quiz thread **The Knowledge Test**

Re: The Super Quiz thread **The Knowledge Test**

think out side the box!
I know one funny way of this.:p
In roman numerals, we can also write 12 as XII. If we'll draw a line at the half way of the roman numeral, it will look like 7 in roman numeral. I.E VII.

I know this isn't correct. I just used my humour for this:p.

Please tell the answer.

That's not right. I want it to be proved mathematically. The way I have used to prove it was told by my classmate.:p.

13112221... i rmbr that from number sequences in maths... it's considered more ict then math though! On another note you should have started with 1 not 11, due to 1 being one 1 or 11 then 21 then 1211 the 111221 then 312211 then 13112221 etc etc etc

3 people go into a hotel after a night out on the town. They ask the person behind the desk if he have a room available. The guy behind the desk says "Yes I do and it's the only one available and it is £30 for the night".

The people confer between themselves and a couple of minutes later, they accept the room and pay £10 each and retire for the night. The next day, the guy behind the desk realises he has made a mistake on the price. Instead of £30 it was £25. He gives the bell-boy £5 and asks him to refund the 3 people.

On his way up, the bell boy thinks "how am I going to split £5 3 ways?" So, what he does, is keep £2 for himself and gives £1 back to each of the three guests. Now, they have paid £9 each for the room.

So if £9 x 3 = £27 + £2 that the bell boy kept = £29, where is the other £1 gone?!

phil2oo8;288221 said:
3 people go into a hotel after a night out on the town. They ask the person behind the desk if he have a room available. The guy behind the desk says "Yes I do and it's the only one available and it is £30 for the night".

The people confer between themselves and a couple of minutes later, they accept the room and pay £10 each and retire for the night. The next day, the guy behind the desk realises he has made a mistake on the price. Instead of £30 it was £25. He gives the bell-boy £5 and asks him to refund the 3 people.

On his way up, the bell boy thinks "how am I going to split £5 3 ways?" So, what he does, is keep £2 for himself and gives £1 back to each of the three guests. Now, they have paid £9 each for the room.

So if £9 x 3 = £27 + £2 that the bell boy kept = £29, where is the other £1 gone?!

there is no extra pound. do the math.
paid 25 for the room, bell boy took 2, plus 3 change = 30

phil2oo8;288220 said:
13112221... i rmbr that from number sequences in maths... it's considered more ict then math though! On another note you should have started with 1 not 11, due to 1 being one 1 or 11 then 21 then 1211 the 111221 then 312211 then 13112221 etc etc etc

Oh yeah i should have started with 1.

Back